• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW012 - Yabukuron (the egg one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New title revealed - Ash gets an egg.

I believe that it might be a Meguroco egg, like other people suggested, due to some earlier sketches. However, the egg looks like a Yorterrie egg, based on the egg's look. In the case of "Yabakuron Squad", it sounds like the cleaning squad, because I guess they like to eat garbage, I guess.

Thanks for reading.

It's awesome that they're doing an egg event in both anime and games (and apparenly even the TCG too) at the same time
I wonder if that's Meguruko's egg... the egg actually seems more fitting for Zurugu
Maybe it'll be a similar case to Togepi that at first was supposed to be Ash's but then Misty got it instead...

IMO the egg looks like it could be an ishizumai.

It's a sandy cloak Burmy, dammit. It's what all the kids are talking about these days. They can't wait to beat the game so they can get their old burmy over from DP and Protect like the dickens.

In all seriousness, if that's even a word, I do think it's cool that they're going out of their way to make the pokemon inside a mystery for the audience this time around. I guess it was nice to know that it'd be an Eevee, or a Happiny or a Cyndaquil in advance, but it kind of took away from the excitement of seeing it hatch.
Of course, if it wasn't for that meddling douga, we wouldn't have a Meguroco to go by, but hey, they tried to keep it hush-hush at least :p

So that crocodile really isn't the leader from BW003.

I smell another "egg-hatchery-war". Remember back in AG when so many people where sure that Haruka's eggs contained a Zigzagoon?

I like the idea behind this event, too bad that the western fanbase probably won't get said event together with the episode. I wonder, if the egss contains the crocodile what other choices there are. I am hoping for some late-game pokémon like the anteater, because I really want one in my ingame team yet waiting until the pre-E-4 route is just far too late.

Maybe it'll be a similar case to Togepi that at first was supposed to be Ash's but then Misty got it instead...

I would hate that so much.

Every egg that has appeared in the anime resembles the pokemon that hatches from it so unless we're given a reason to think otherwise I think that it is not a Meguroko egg. The color scheme of the egg kinda says Yorterri to me(While a weird choice for Ash would be cool since he's never a trained a multi stage normal type, Snorlax and Aipom are his only ones and he got rid of Aipom before it evolved) Though if it's not a Meguroko then what about BW020 where he supposedly has one.

Every egg that has appeared in the anime resembles the pokemon that hatches from it so unless we're given a reason to think otherwise I think that it is not a Meguroko egg. The color scheme of the egg kinda says Yorterri to me(While a weird choice for Ash would be cool since he's never a trained a multi stage normal type, Snorlax and Aipom are his only ones and he got rid of Aipom before it evolved)

Dent have a Yorterri in the games. So, it can go to him. We can see something similar to Togepi with Dent.

Though if it's not a Meguroko then what about BW020 where he supposedly has one.

Group leader in BW003 can appear again...

Group leader in BW003 can appear again.

Except that's not the same Meguroko holding onto Ash for dear life. You can tell because the one from episode 3 and episode 20 act notably different, ones a leader and the other is a coward.

Hope it's not Meguroco. Ash's ground types haven't been the best. Toterra played loser a lot, Gligar/Gliscor was a crybaby who only stayed for a short time, Gible spends all it's time trying to learn a move, Phanpy got shafted. Plus we already had Meguroco premiere let's see some new pokemon. Wow! 6 Pokemon before episode 14.

I'm not sure you can use Togepi as an example for anything.

Assuming we are interpreting the picture correctly, the only possible trainer the Pokemon inside the egg could belong to is in fact Ash. Why? Because there's a Poke ball on top of the egg case. This is the same case as Ash's Phanpy, so it belongs to him, end of story.

Togepi doesn't even remotely count since it didn't have an egg case, nor was it marked by a Poke ball, so the Pokemon inside this egg can't belong to anyone else, unless there is some sort of trade happening or I suppose Ash decides to give it to someone, but I can't see that happening.

So again unless we are misinterpreting the picture, it belongs to Ash.

Wow. I am for once stumped on an egg. The coloring most closely matches the puppy. If it's the sandcroc, this is the most unintuitive egg design I've ever seen. It would make sense for it to be afraid, though, since it's still a baby. (automatically talented Cyndaquil aside)

Except that's not the same Meguroko holding onto Ash for dear life. You can tell because the one from episode 3 and episode 20 act notably different, ones a leader and the other is a coward.

Same thing can be said for Mijumaru and every other pokemon.

Assuming we are interpreting the picture correctly, the only possible trainer the Pokemon inside the egg could belong to is in fact Ash. Why? Because there's a Poke ball on top of the egg case. This is the same case as Ash's Phanpy, so it belongs to him, end of story.

If that's a Yorterri, Satoshi can give it to Dent for some reason. I don't really know what will happen. We will se...

i'm sure it's meguroko. not only from my sketches -- but because meguroko has a really big merchandise boom in december, including a UFO catcher, pokemon kids figure, and a keshipoke (very small figures), amongst many keychains and phone straps, probably others we don't know of yet.

makes no sense to do that unless ash is getting one. merchandise booms almost always coincide with him (or in DP, hikari) catching something.

plus we've seen that scaredy cat meguroko clinging to him like he is its daddy.

also, zuruggu gets a merchandise boom in january (takara tomy plush, monster collection tomy figure for starters is what we know of) so i am sure that's when he will be caught or revealed (as iris seems so secretive of what she's got on hand, if it is hers).

so i say egg is meguroko and it'll be hatched before december is out. :D and it's not zuruggu in there or anything else!

Hmmm so it seems Ash gets a Pokemon egg. Crossin' my fingers, hoping it'll be a Meguroco!

Its hard to believe Ash has a team of 6 only 12 episodes into BW.

Well, they did say BW would be fast paced... still surprising though.

wow. Ash is getting an egg so early in the story... he's filling up his party fast. it's probably the sand croc. though the egg doesn't seem like it. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Megaruko because the coloring is rather sandy, almost desert like. Sure it's a break from the pattern, but it still slightly fits.

Since now Ash has no room for more captures, and the starters/bird never go anywhere, I wonder how long this Pokemon will last before Ash gives it to Oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom