• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you miss Ash and Misty's arguments?

Do You Miss Ash and Misty's Arguments?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Hell No

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I didn't care for them

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Another Misty thread, r u serious(Scott, Gible post here)

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much that I miss the arguments themselves. What I really miss is the old spirit of the show. By that I mean the old-fashioned, goofy slapstick comedy that used to be the show's backbone. Granted, Ash and Misty's arguments were generally a pretty significant force behind that. So I guess technically my answer is "yes".

For me, Misty being a know it all + stubborn stupid Ash = HILARIOUS! So yes, I honestly do miss their arguments. (Oh my gosh, the first serious post I've posted here!)

Dude move on you made another misty thread and you pretty much got the same response...Misty left almost 8 years ago, get over it and move on honestly

I soo agree with you Cascada. And people saying thing like get over it or whatever don't know what a good script is. Me being such a fan of the old days it really bothers me what they are doing with the show. It's kind of like the simpsons to me.

I soo agree with you Cascada. And people saying thing like get over it or whatever don't know what a good script is. Me being such a fan of the old days it really bothers me what they are doing with the show. It's kind of like the simpsons to me.

The show has actually improved in terms of continuity and plot. Nostalgia is really a pain in the ass...........

The show has actually improved in terms of continuity and plot. Nostalgia is really a pain in the ass...........

but I liked the hat turning! =( Meh, it's great now, yes! But it does need only a bit more comedy! (I'm not saying make Misty return. No, move on Misty people! I'm saying we need more comedy in the show but not too much to annoy you!

It it wasn't for nostalgia, there wouldn't be any pokemon fans over 13.

Not so, I don't know about you two but for many of us who grew up with the show we don't like what has been going on and about these mysterious "better plots" I can't see it they look like half a**ed rehashes of previous ones for the most part. I have read many of the plots in the vain hope of finding an episode that would actually appeal to me but none did.

Really if people go back and watch season one, and then watched any season after Johto, you can see that writing has improved dramatically. There have been better COTD, more development/involvement of the girls, more battles, better evil organizations, and the pokemon have more personality.

Kanto was great, but it has the benefit of revisionist history and nostalgia. This thread is a textbook example of it, Ash and Misty's arguments died down as Kanto went on, and by Johto it was non-existent.

This isn't the place to fight about what you think the current quality of the show is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom