• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP076: Seven Stars Restaurant! Tag Battle for a Full Course!!

But yah Max is the only one who got the short end of the stick. He's never going to be seen on the anime since pretty much every one hated himXD

Dont Go out at night your life in danger after you said the above
Max Aint hated as much as you think

Why is Mime Jr getting so neglected lately? It only appears every like 8 episodes just to join in at the motto.

Mime Jr is about to evolve or something,the writer is planing something for it
i guess

Last edited:
But yah Max is the only one who got the short end of the stick. He's never going to be seen on the anime since pretty much every one hated himXD

Dont Go out at night your life in danger after you said the above
Max Aint hated as much as you think

Well maybe not as much as Zoey I guess. But these two are the most disliked characters in the Pokemon fandom.

But that wasn't until the Silver Conference that we even knew about it. These two are mentioned in past episodes that would be the point of the writers forgetting about them completely.

DPNEWS did say only the girls were leaving him tokens, so I pointed out Shigeru, so it does count as a "token"... A token is something he receives from a friend and keeps, right? The Pokéball, lure and ribbon could easily have been left at home, but he kept them. Knowing about it beforehand has nothing to do with that.

No Shuu pics? ;_; I'm disappointed.

Here you go.

And one for Harley

As for the outfit of Ash and Haruka:

The battles in this episode where a little short side. Ash and Brock both did a one-hit KO. But I guess there wasn't enough time to make them longer. And the amount of continuity is indeed surprising.
The most hilarious part of this episode would be Haruka's demonic voice.

640 x 480 images are up too now.

The episode was pretty good. Nice to see that Drews Roselia evolved and nice that Munchlax is still Munchlax. Also loved when May sounded like a demon. Those restaurant trainers were weak. How could Double-Edge overpower Giga Impact? That's the anime for ya. What I liked most was that the writers let May remember the half of Ribbon that she and Ash had

Here you go.

And one for Harley

As for the outfit of Ash and Haruka:

The battles in this episode where a little short side. Ash and Brock both did a one-hit KO. But I guess there wasn't enough time to make them longer. And the amount of continuity is indeed surprising.
The most hilarious part of this episode would be Haruka's demonic voice.

640 x 480 images are up too now.

Sweet you found the image of Ash in hi outfit ^^
Thanks. He's sooo cute in it. I can't wait to see him in action in it.

I knew Drew would get a Roserade. :D

Its nice to see the writers give us a follow-up on May's story, even if we didn't get to see it. May got 3 Johto ribbons in the same timespan Ash only has 3 badges and Dawn only has 1 ribbon.

I guess since May isn't bothered by Team Rocket she can travel a hell of a lot faster to where she needs to go.

I'd also like to know where Manene is. She deserves to eat as well Kojiro...

Speaking of Team Rocket, that fat scene was hilarious. :-D I was hoping they'd battle for the food, but this works much better. And at least they finally got a decent meal before being blasted off. :)

This was one of those really fun episodes. After a bunch of plot and emotional episodes, it was nice to just watch an episode where you could turn your brain off and have fun. It really shows how much Pokemon has changed if episodes like this one aren't the norm as of late.

Like others have said, all the continuity was a nice surprise, and I'm glad we got to see what everyone else has been up too. Even though I've only seen a few AG episodes, it was still nice to see Haruka and her Pokemon with the group again. I can tell this is going to be a fun arc. :)

-Haruka gets all fired up like she did in "Pasta La Vista" when she finds out that her meal's being interrupted.

-Hikari: "Haruka became a fire-type"...LOL

That line was hilarious, mostly because I totally didn't see it coming. The fire I kind of expected from May, but not so much Dawn's reaction to May. :p

Yeah. Too bad we must wait after another week for us to continue watching DP.

I was actually thinking Haruka may come across that dreaded GS the forgotten Ball on her journey in Jouto, but it seems there's still no mentions on that.

Satoshi and Takeshi tag fight was unusual. Snorlax should not have been OTK'ed by a Volt Tackle and Giga Impact VS Double-Edge, I don't know if the difference in ATK stats gave us that result. Oh well.

Nevertheless, this episode was enjoyable to watch.

So not only was the Snorlax in the preview not May's but neither was the Munchlax using Giga Impact. That pretty much reaffirms Bulbapedia's policy on not adding until we actually know the context. Not that people will listen but it's good to have examples like this to point to.

The continuity references in this episode were great. Seeing May check up on the ribbon was cute. (Though I thought she overreacted a little much to the news that Ash is in the tournament.) I wonder if we'll see the gifts she brought in this episode again. The pendant looks cute and I want to see Dawn wear it but the other two are not very convenient to carry around. I liked Brock's reaction to his.

As for the three cameos, they were obligatory but great in two cases. I don't think much of Drew's picture, mainly due the shading thing they had going on. On the other hand, the shading really complements Harley's picture, especially with the choice to use his Wigglytuff. It's also good to see that Max is happy with his current situation. Getting to help look after his father's Pokémon seems an acceptable ending for his story. I still hope he finds some way to get to Sinnoh but that can wait for now.

The plot wasn't really that much in this episode, but the main point was May and the upcoming tournament. Team Rocket were just left to do their stuff and it worked out in this episode. I do hope that the tournament has better battles than this episode. Ash and Brock's battle felt weak, while May and Dawn's battle was simply overkill. Also, did Buneary really do anything in the Team Rocket battle? It looked like it just poked the already-moving block of ice.
Well maybe not as much as Zoey I guess. But these two are the most disliked characters in the Pokemon fandom.
Richie is the most hated character in the Pokémon fandom, much more so than those two. Not that it matters since you're talking about the online English-speaking fandom, who may be able to influence PUSA's decisions but still have little effect on the Japanese franchise.
I was actually thinking Haruka may come across that dreaded GS the forgotten Ball on her journey in Jouto, but it seems there's still no mentions on that.
Even if she has been to Azalea Town, there would be no reason for Kurt to tell her about it or for her to know that Ash was the one who took it there. The ball may yet get a mention but this isn't the time.

Last edited:
(Though I thought she overreacted a little much to the news that Ash is in the tournament.)
The gasping reaction was when she found out the gang had already met Wallace, not because she found out Ash would be in the Contest.

Also, did Buneary really do anything in the Team Rocket battle? It looked like it just poked the already-moving block of ice.
A block of ice that was caused by Buneary and Glaceon's double Ice Beam. And the "poke" was Bounce.

You've only seen the pictures so far, I gather.

Hmm...so, am I the only one who feel people kinda exagerate Buneary's neglect and Piplup's overuse.

It's kinda bothersome. Don't do it or I'll give you an infraction.

Of course Satoshi and Takeshi win in one hit. >_< But despite the fact the battles were cheap, it was a nice episode. I was happy to hear the "I Won't Lose!" instrumental. But it did seem like Haruka was surprised at the fact that Satoshi is entering the contest and not that he already met Mikuri.

But it did seem like Haruka was surprised at the fact that Satoshi is entering the contest and not that he already met Mikuri.
No it obviously wasn't like that at all. Why the heck would she be surprised at that when she herself entered one with him, a fact that we were reminded of with their shared ribbon?

It wasn't that hard to pick up the gist of the conversation, and it went something like this:

Dawn: "Ash is gonna enter the Contest too."
May: *turns to Ash* "You are?"
Ash: "Yeah, Wallace suggested I enter with Buizel."
May: "WALLACE?!"

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom