• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Empoleon vs Serperior

Absolclaw

Reaction score
395.png
VS
497.png

Battle of royal porportions!

In the blue corner, the proud emperor penguin, Empoleon!
In the red corner, the smug snake lord, Serperior!

Both are famous for being uptight, proud snobs born into (or at least they think so) royalty. The question is, who wins?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Empoleon vs Jalorda

Empoleon all the way. I love Smuglord too, but Empoleon was the first starter I truly fell in love with.

A: It's Jaroda. Jaroda.

B: Empoleon wins if it has Ice Beam.

Jaroda wins more in the design.
But, in battle, I deem Jaroda to be one of the poorest starters out there. Tough luck, monarconda. Obviously, in a battle between the two, Empoleon wins.

Antagonist + Leaf Storm Jaroda can actually be deadly with proper support.

Jalorda has a much better design.

I like Smuglord's design better overall, but pompous penguin has a cool design too, plus it would win in a fight against the snake. Going with the pompous penguin.

Empoleon would win. Ice Beam. Also, he's not weak to Grass.

Although the offensive movepool advantage goes to Empoleon, no doubt, Empoleon is still slower than Jaroda (No, Aqua Jet is resisted), so Jaroda gets two attacks on Empoleon while he gets one, and Ice Beam cannot 1HKO thanks to Jaroda's good defences. If Jaroda gets Leaf Storm and Perversity, Empoleon wouldn't survive if both attacks connect. Besides, I prefer Jaroda after all.

Thanks for reading.

Actually, Empoleon has very good Special Attack, so Ice Beam will KO. You're overestimating Jaroda's defenses.

Although the offensive movepool advantage goes to Empoleon, no doubt, Empoleon is still slower than Jaroda (No, Aqua Jet is resisted), so Jaroda gets two attacks on Empoleon while he gets one, and Ice Beam cannot 1HKO thanks to Jaroda's good defences. If Jaroda gets Leaf Storm and Perversity, Empoleon wouldn't survive if both attacks connect. Besides, I prefer Jaroda after all.

Thanks for reading.

Can smugacanda beat the Royal Bird in 2 moves? The Royal Bird has 101SpeD and 84HP base stats. With Smugacanda's SpeA starting so low the Royal won't even feel it. I am not sure that 2nd attack can finish off the Royal Bird. Smugacanda's SpeD is only 95 good but not great and with a base HP of 75 does he enough HP to last out a Effective Ice Beam form the Royal Bird with a 111 base SpeA?

I am going with the Royal Bird.

Jalorda. Its design is great and its Dream World ability is also pretty good.

Actually, Empoleon has very good Special Attack, so Ice Beam will KO. You're overestimating Jaroda's defenses.

You are right. Empoleon has good Special Attack. I may not be a battler like you, but assuming damage calculations are the same from Generation 4, I found out that unless Empoleon's Special Attack increases (or Jaroda's Special Defence decreases), a 1 hit KO won't happen unless it's a critical hit, and because Empoleon is generally slower (he needs one turn to speed up), Jaroda has 2 chances to KO Empoleon before Empoleon does. I wouldn't have said this if I didn't check.

I know you have more experience in battle that me, so you can always prove me wrong with experience, the only thing you have that I don't have.

Thanks for reading.

Empoleon wins with Ice Beam and I think that it can also learn Drill Peck(not completely sure).

All empoleon has to do is fire his ice beam and jalorda and his smug snake ass it dead

You are right. Empoleon has good Special Attack. I may not be a battler like you, but assuming damage calculations are the same from Generation 4, I found out that unless Empoleon's Special Attack increases (or Jaroda's Special Defence decreases), a 1 hit KO won't happen unless it's a critical hit, and because Empoleon is generally slower (he needs one turn to speed up), Jaroda has 2 chances to KO Empoleon before Empoleon does. I wouldn't have said this if I didn't check.

I know you have more experience in battle that me, so you can always prove me wrong with experience, the only thing you have that I don't have.

Thanks for reading.

I going to have to go with this guy. If Jalorda invests in Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack, its able to survive one of Empoleons Ice Beams and 2HKO it with Perversity Leaf Storm. At least, I think that would happen.

Besides, Jalorda actually has a good design.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom