• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I still want to see a Water/Fire Type.

But to be honest, I wanted a Talonflame, but I already decided to pick Fennekin :/

Re: So what confirmed Pokemon do you think will be on your team in X and Y so far?

Well, there is no rule preventing you from having two Pokémon of the same type in your team. I don't understand why people keep limiting their choices for their teams because of types. Particularly, I catch whichever Pokémon I like and want to have in my team, regardless of having or not another Pokémon of the same type.

I know I'm keeping Fennekin and Noivern. Since they talked about riding Rhyhorn around, I assume you'll be able to catch one in the region, so I'll be keeping that for Nostalgia. I'm considering Honedge just because I've never really committed to a ghost-type before and he seems pretty cool. As for the others that have been announced, I'll see what the Kalos region has to offer before making a choice. How about you?

I am planning to have Honedge and Noivern in my team and perhaps both Chespin and Froakie, but that will depend of their evolutions.

Surprisingly, I almost have my complete lineup just based on the reveals. I'm definitely using Noivern, Froakie and Litleo with Helioptile and Honedge following close behind. The sixth spot is still up in the air though.

Out of all the Pokemon revealed so far, there are two so far that I'm very likely to use in my in-game team. They are Fennekin and Honedge.

Fennekin because I always pick a Fire-type for my first playthrough of a generation, unless it happens to be a Fire/Fighting type, but its use of Psychic suggests that it probably isn't. If it is, though, Froakie all the way.

The only reason I might not use Honedge is if it appears very late in the game, or if it's much too tough to capture. Steel/Ghost is the one dual type I've wanted more than any other, and the Pokemon itself kinda reminds me of Alucard's awesome sword familiar from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

For me right now I'm really leaning towards using Chespin, Talonflame, Sylveon, and Honedge.

I've been leaning towards Chespin as my starter since day 1. I may possibly get Froakie instead, but I haven't used a Grass type starter for my first adventure in a region since Kanto in LG. I don't really care for Fennekin that much, mainly since at least half of my friends are getting it and no one so far is getting Chespin. I wanna be special haha.

Talonflame is another certain. It's gonna be my flyer and fire type, and it looks awesome. If it's even as good as Staraptor (it looks like it could be even better) then it'll be a solid teammate. Plus Fletchling can be caught on Route 1, so it'll probably be my first capture :D.

Honedge is just freakin amazing. Ghost/Steel is an awesome type combo and it's design is pretty interesting. The only reason, probably, that I wouldn't get Honedge is if it can't be caught until really late in the game. If it's not available until after the 7th or 8th badge area, then I may get something else earlier on instead. Otherwise, I'm getting that motherfroakin awesome sword!

Sylveon is one that I've planned on using since the reveal. Plus, it's a Fairy type, and since it's a new type, I've gotta have one on my team. Plus, I always enjoy using an Eeveelution whenever I do. I love Eevee, it's one of my favorite pokemon. Sylveon seems like it'll be a pretty good mon.

Those 4 are pretty certain.

As for 5 and 6, I'm not sure. I may even use more than 6 Pokemon (in rotation). I definitely need a Water type, so that'll be number 5.

Last edited:

So far, it looks like I'm going to be using Fennekin, Litleo (two fire types, don't even care...hopefully they both get secondary typings though), Honedge, Flabebe (as long as it has evolutions and isn't a gimmick), Noivern, and maybe Gogoat? I'd love to use Sylveon, Helioptile (I feel its going to get an awesome evolution so I'll probably use it), and even Talonflame but I can't have three fire types.

I want to use all the starters too.

If the rest of this generation keeps getting this awesome, I'm going to need a tonne of playthroughs to use all the Pokemon I want :')

Re: So what confirmed Pokemon do you think will be on your team in X and Y so far?

Well, there is no rule preventing you from having two Pokémon of the same type in your team. I don't understand why people keep limiting their choices for their teams because of types. Particularly, I catch whichever Pokémon I like and want to have in my team, regardless of having or not another Pokémon of the same type.

I know I'm keeping Fennekin and Noivern. Since they talked about riding Rhyhorn around, I assume you'll be able to catch one in the region, so I'll be keeping that for Nostalgia. I'm considering Honedge just because I've never really committed to a ghost-type before and he seems pretty cool. As for the others that have been announced, I'll see what the Kalos region has to offer before making a choice. How about you?

I am planning to have Honedge and Noivern in my team and perhaps both Chespin and Froakie, but that will depend of their evolutions.

I know there's no rule, but I want a balanced team, so that's why I prevent type duplications.

I'm definitely using Fennekin, Fletchling, Flabebe, Noivern, Honedge and Helioptile at some point in the game. If they work out on the team, they'll get to stay till the end, but if they end up being not useful or too weak, they'll get boxed as I go through the game. I love all of those some much though that they have a reserved slot already.

You guys should know that Honedge is pronounced with a silent "H". :rolleyes:

Also have some nice fanart:
CXaK5Uk.jpg

The lines on the sword are going vertically downward; just like the lines separating the "teeth" on the sheathed sword.

Oh, now I see it. I didn't really notice that when I first saw it. I still don't really like the design, but that's a clever way to showcase a mouth and a hand at least.

I try to avoid having Pokemon with the same type on my teams just so that it's more well balanced. I used to have multiple Water and Dragon types before on one team, but I don't do that anymore. The only exception has been using Lucario when I chose Chimchar and Tepig in Diamond and Black 2 respectively since it's my favorite Pokemon.

As for me, since I'm going to get both versions, I can plan out a couple of different teams. I was set on using Fennekin in X and Chespin in Y, with Talonflame being part Fire type and Froakie growing on me, I might change it to Chespin in X and Froakie in Y. A lot of that does depend on what the evolved forms of the starters are and what other Flying types are available in the games, but I'm still leading towards the former at the moment. I may just go for another exception and have two Fire types on my X team if I want to raise a Fletching, but I'll see what other Pokemon are available. For X, I plan on using a Sylveon due to being a new type of Pokemon and Heliopitle for being a cute Electric type. Skrelp might be a possibility too. For Y, regardless of the starter, I'll definitely have a Litleo. A Pancham may be possible too.

Am I the only one who really wants Honedge to have some kind of connection to Golurk? We've seen Golurk in battle footage and there's also that statue of it, so there's a good chance it's in the regional dex at least.

Last edited:

View attachment 88272

It could be based off either hone or honour/honour, or both. Until we know more I don't think we can definitely say whether or not the 'H' is silent. That being said, I've been pronouncing is as silent.

I try to avoid having Pokemon with the same type on my teams just so that it's more well balanced. I used to have multiple Water and Dragon types before on one team, but I don't do that anymore. The only exception has been using Lucario when I chose Chimchar and Tepig in Diamond and Black 2 respectively since it's my favorite Pokemon.
Ah, okay then. I just would rather use my favorites instead of trying to have a balanced team, it is not like the game is hard and ask for balance in order to beat it. That said, I usually do have a mixed team, but with uncommon types like Ghost, Dark, Steel, Bug... Instead of the usual Water, Fire, Grass, Flying, Electric. Sorry if this is off topic.

View attachment 88272

It could be based off either hone or honour/honour, or both. Until we know more I don't think we can definitely say whether or not the 'H' is silent. That being said, I've been pronouncing is as silent.

I constantly find myself pronouncing Pokemon names incorrectly, and when the pronunciation is shown it takes a lot of time to get used to. I.e. I was calling Kyurem "Ky-u-rem" (i.e. breaking it up, not "cure-em") and the proper still sounds weird. I've been saying Honedge as "Hone-edge" which is fairly dumb upon reflection but whatever. I don't follow the anime too much so I'm not concerned haha

Individually I'm not a huge fan of both Steel and Ghost types. But Honedge's design and type combination are really interesting.

I know it's a little late, but I'm disappointed with Vivillon's Flying type. What a great opportunity It would be to introduce us a Bug/Psychic combo :(

Last edited:

I wonder if there also going to be a ''Shield'' Pokemon & ''Armor'' Pokemon like Honedge.
It would cool , If there is a Item/Place where the Sword Pokemon (Honedge) , Shield Pokemon & Armor Pokemon fuse together to evolve into a ghost Warrior Pokemon !
Off Course , Honedge can evolve into Humanoid Pokemon that can transform itself into a huge Sword like ''Number 36 Hope Utopia'' (Yugioh Zexal)
PS : I honestly don't know where to post this .

Just curious as to whether or not Noivern is a stand-alone Pokemon like Druddigon, or if it will have any pre-evolutions. I could see it going either way with this guy. Whenever I think of a Noivern pre-evolution this is all I can think of. (I went ahead and drew a picture, I know it looks kinda weird)
88280.png

As for Honedge, I think it's a pretty good design. FAR superior to other inanimate objects that have been turned into pokemon. I'll be catching one for sure, if only for the amazing Steel/Ghost typing. Hopefully Honedge will have a signature Ghost-Type Physical move... like "Cursed Blade" or something

The first thing I thought of when I saw Honedge was:
Is that a bookmark?
Anyways, I think it looks like it has potential to have an evolution (is that confirmed?). And to be made into a bookmark. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom