• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed a contradiction in the Snake/Tapir/Giraffe Starter Leaks...

In the imgur link in the OP, and the initial leaks, the snake has no red spots near the eyes.

But in the newer image floating around of the trio, the snake suddenly has red spots above its eyes
https://i.********/vp/1520253157436.jpg

I find that weird that even the leaked art isn’t consistent about the snake.

The colours are also different. The giraffe and snake have brighter colours, while the tapir is light blue instead of white, in the newer image.

They also seem to have made the snake shorter... was the second set posted by the same person? Because they look like someone else took the first set and tried to “fix” them in Photoshop... I thought the perspective was a little wonky on the face of the initial snake image, but those eyebrow spots are completely misplaced. The color change on the tapir is clumsy as well; they only changed the lighter offwhite shade to blue, but left the shadows and highlight unedited. The giraffe just looks like someone bumped up the saturation.

Last edited:
They also seem to have made the snake shorter... was the second set posted by the same person? Because they look like someone else took the first set and tried to “fix” them in Photoshop... I thought the perspective was a little wonky on the face of the initial snake image, but those eyebrow spots are completely misplaced. The color change on the tapir one is clumsy as well; they only changed the lighter offwhite shade to blue, but left the shadows and highlight unedited. The giraffe just looks like someone bumped up the saturation.

They’re both being passed around as the 'leaked' starters. The second one has seemingly come out of nowhere.

I think it does make the leak suspicious. No other leaks were inconsistent in how they depict the starters.

Maybe the first set was a rough draft and the next set was finalized?

Or someone took them and made them better.

Guys the second ones obiouvsly come from someone who took the original "leak" and redrew the "starters". People usually do this kind of stuff when something "leaks".

We have had official leaks for starters from gens 5-7 from inside the design gamefreak concept / anime team all leaking out to places like 4chan. I'm curious as to why Gamefreak has such bad security problems to let this happen lol You can't even do this in the movie industry without getting caught and the consequences are huge. Just find it strange Gamefreak let it happen so much unless its a thing done on purpose like with how Assassin's Creed games get leaked on purpose.

So the second version of that set is definitely fake, while the first version is up in the air (though probably fake as well). Honestly, I don't like any of them, so I hope they're fake. Every gen has at least one starter that I could imagine myself having if I lived in the pokemon world. With that set, I couldn't see myself having any of them.

We have had official leaks for starters from gens 5-7 from inside the design gamefreak concept / anime team all leaking out to places like 4chan. I'm curious as to why Gamefreak has such bad security problems to let this happen lol You can't even do this in the movie industry without getting caught and the consequences are huge. Just find it strange Gamefreak let it happen so much unless its a thing done on purpose like with how Assassin's Creed games get leaked on purpose.
You know, pokemon is a worldwide franchise. When a trio of starters is created then you have to make anime, merchandise,spin off, trailer and demo around them. This means that a lot of people see the starters before their release. You may also wanna consider that movies have not crazy people on 4chan who would do whatever to see something before release. I mean, even movies leak but the difference is that no one dies to see, let's say, how captain america is dressed in a new movie. They want the movie. Pokemon fans want designs/info leaked rather than the all game.

The eyebrows change, the length change, the colors change.. i mean we're grasping at straws here by thinking they can be real at this point..
I usually dont have a firm stance on leaks, cause you never know, but this one Im sure its fake.

If a movie got leaked(including the story) you could go and not see it if a part of the game was leaked specially characters it would only hype the game and people would still buy it

There will be a new Eeveelution for a Flying type, but which one i can choose the fyling type eeveelution? Could it be Flyeon, or Crafteon, or Zephyreon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom