• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Direct is going to be covering upcoming Switch and 3DS games, so a Gen 8 announcement isn't completely unlikely- even if it is just the titles.
well the date would be perfect in a way. 08.03.2018 two 8 (three if you consider 3 half of a 8 visual wise) as in gen 8 but neither is this likely nor plausible

Yes.... and then it obviously is a different case. It depends on what they do though (We don't know, but they do).

I also think Zeraora is not gonna be in Pokken, i think the Mysterious creature is Incineroar (Since think about it, why do the Battle Royal episode in 2018, rather than earlier when Akala was still relevant).
Litten plot development and introduction to Mask Royale. Plus if that leak is real (Which seeming they all of a sudden appeared and started calling out stuff with the first being true which is the date), why would they show a Silhouette of a Pokemon we already know about? Who knows, it could be nothing.
But the thing is, why would they do a silhouette for an already known Pokémon? Did they do something like that for Decidueye?
Decidueye (If memory serves) was shown in the character selection thing and then fighting Darkrai or something like that during the announcement for DX and USUM.

The focus of the direct is said to be Mario Ace tennis... I don’t think Pokemon will be announced in this direct.

"Tune in 3/8 at 2pm PT for a Nintendo Direct featuring upcoming #NintendoSwitch and Nintendo #3DS games, including new details on #MarioTennis Aces!"

I don't think that's the "focus", per se- the focus is on upcoming games, including MarioTennis Aces. So really, it could be anything.

Also I wonder if they haven't maybe decided to shorten the hype period for the upcoming Pokemon games since the previous games have kinda suffered from too much pre-release teasing- we had most of the new stuff spoiled before the games came out for Sun and Moon, and anything that USUM had that was remotely new and interesting was also spilled away prior to release.

The most interesting thing about the direct is this tweet from Pixelpar:

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/971481159103340545

The first letters of those tweets create "Thursday Direct"
So, basically, his source told him that a direct was going to happen on Thursday back in February. He is the first one to have actually announced a Nintendo direct.
This means that a Pokemon announcement today is not impossible. Not likely, but not impossible.

The most interesting thing about the direct is this tweet from Pixelpar:

View: https://twitter.com/pixelpar/status/971481159103340545

The first letters of those tweets create "Thursday Direct"
So, basically, his source told him that a direct was going to happen on Thursday back in February. He is the first one to have actually announced a Nintendo direct.
This means that a Pokemon announcement today is not impossible. Not likely, but not impossible.

That is interesting,should keep an eye out.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a Switch reveal in this direct. A small tease, maybe.

Gamefreak could use this direct to get Zeraora out of the way first before doing an announcement in a Pokémon direct later.

I’d love to be proven wrong with a Switch reveal in this direct :whistle:
This is pretty much how I feel. Deep down, I know there will be probably nothing but I secretly hope I'm incorrect about it.

The Chinese Riddler just said on Tieba that the next new game will be a reboot game.
It’s not sure now that if ND will release it, and also if this game is working as a reboot for the whole series rather than a sterile remake of gen1 remains a blurred mystery.

If its a reboot, which starts with gen 1 (We don't know yet), then i am out. I have no desire to play Kanto again, since i have visted Kanto five times in the last 2 years with the VC games (Which would be a cheap way from GF if it is a Kanto Reboot).

A reboot in what sense? There seems to be several definitions of what constitutes a reboot in this fandom. None of them are entirely true to the hard definition of a reboot, and the closest that truly exists is the fifth gen. If this is what was supposed to be divisive, then they succeeded, but it's a little late since the availability of older pokemon has been shot to hell already.

If its a reboot, which starts with gen 1 (We don't know yet), then i am out. I have no desire to play Kanto again, since i have visted Kanto five times in the last 2 years with the VC games (Which would be a cheap way from GF if it is a Kanto Reboot).
I think this reboot is not just a simple remake, particularly when combined with other rumors such as huge changes in battle systems. Btw, that thread was deleted soon a few hours ago, emmmm~
Fortunately, some one made a fast screenshot to preserve evidence: 【图片】2018即将迎来正统新作?【超梦吧】_百度贴吧

Just to be the devil's advocate let's say they reveal new games in the direct, just the names like with sun and moon (maybe the logos too) then what we're back where we started but with 0.01 percent new info xD

Imo it would at least be something to work off of- even slightly more guided speculation would be better than what we know right now, which is "a main series Pokemon game is coming for the Switch in 2018 or later".

I've definitely got my hopes up too high for the direct (I have to miss it due to a doctor's appointment, so whatever they reveal or don't reveal will definitely be spoiled before I sit down to watch it), so I'm trying to keep them tempered by hoping for just titles, or anything official really.

I'd LOVE if we were to get something like the X and Y reveal trailer, which I think had some early gameplay footage, the starters, the titles, and the box legendaries, but that is probably way too much to hope for.

Well, if I were to consider that, this would make it more of a hard reboot in the normally understood sense. However, even that can take several forms, from making gen 1 from scratch to an entirely new gen that ignores all gens previous, including their pokemon. (or at least retooling evo lines to be less of a mess and other inconsistencies along the way) I may agree with them that even with dynamic encounter tables, there is no way we can fit every pokemon into a single set of games. We would have to be the third gen all over again for it to even be remotely possible. Otherwise, we maintain the status quo and make Bank the sole means of supplying older pokemon.

Titles would give us a hint of whether they are remakes or a new generation (probably the latter) and maybe give us something to speculate off of like how Sun and Moon hinted at being related to space in some shape or form. Granted, we've also had titles like Ruby and Sapphire which don't leave much room for speculation, but we won't know until we hear the titles first. I just feel like a title reveal would give us something new to talk about. Most discussions so far have been mostly the same thing over and over.

Well.... if the past is something to go by

January 2013 - XY reveal - Pokemon Direct (Not a Nintendo one) - release October 2013
February 2016 - SUMO reveal - Pokemon Direct (Not a Nintendo One) - Release November 2016.

Which means, that the Switch game is not gonna be revealed in the Nintendo Direct, but that we need a Pokemon Direct to come this month to make a 2018 release possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom