• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 2018 release pokemon will compete with smash with 2019 release it will probably compete with metroid...
Still don't understand the competition. If Smash will be released in September to promote the online service, Pokemon can be easy released in November/December. It's not like they'll release them in the same week. Nintendo has to sell 20 milions Switch. It needs great games this year and if it's not Pokemon then there'll be something else with Smash.

Still don't understand the competition. If Smash will be released in September to promote the online service, Pokemon can be easy released in November/December. It's not like they'll release them in the same week. Nintendo has to sell 20 milions Switch. It needs great games this year and if it's not Pokemon then there'll be something else with Smash.
These two games can sell 20 milion Switches: Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

I really don't want voice acting neither.
I thought Pokemon repeating their names in the anime was the ... most childish thing in the anime.
VOICE ACTING IN POKEMON ¿WHA THE HELL? no really the idea of battle system are more reasonable right now than a voice acting my bad in pokemon expect fits nothing -.-

Junichi Masuda Talks About Why Pokémon Say Their Names Aloud
^ It wasn't Game Freak's idea for them to say their names, that was the anime company's decision entirely

Game Freak Explains Why Pokémon Don’t Say their Names in the Games
^ and I think it's safe to say that the games will not be following suit anytime soon
This is actually really interesting. Something I noticed about Some Pokémon cries, though, is that every UB, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma and Cosmoem, all have the same sound at the very end of their respective cries. Check it out, it’s pretty neat to notice.

The previous Pokemon Direct that revealed Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon hosted on June 6, 2017, along with other Directs, have been removed from the archives page of Nintendo’s official Japanese website. A similar situation happened last year, whereby Nintendo removed the Pokemon Direct that revealed Pokemon Sun and Moon in 2016 from their North American and Japanese Youtube channels, weeks before the June 6 Pokemon Direct hit.Does this mean a new Pokemon Direct is coming soon?They didn't even talk about Pokkén DLC in this Nintendo Direct.

The previous Pokemon Direct that revealed Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon hosted on June 6, 2017, along with other Directs, have been removed from the archives page of Nintendo’s official Japanese website. A similar situation happened last year, whereby Nintendo removed the Pokemon Direct that revealed Pokemon Sun and Moon in 2016 from their North American and Japanese Youtube channels, weeks before the June 6 Pokemon Direct hit.Does this mean a new Pokemon Direct is coming soon?They didn't even talk about Pokkén DLC in this Nintendo Direct.
Also,Masuda's tweet.

It really just means a direct is on the way which it's likey FE.

which one
The one where he tweeted about composing & creating music,you should be able to find it a few seconds in Masuda's twitter profile,it's the one with the piano image.He tweeted a similar thing before SM's announcement.

The same thing happened with SM's Direct,where XY reveal got removed.
If they remove the DX direct from YT then I'd agree but on their site they do that all the time.
Really, there isn't much to say about Detective Pikachu since all it needs is a demo and Bamco drops character trailers for Pokken randomly.

Hmm.. . .

Blastoise is hitting pokken in a few weeks, and there's corocoro's "scoop" on Lugia next week, and now the last pokemon direct removed

I can definitely see a situation where we get something shown for the next game in corocoro, then the actual game announcement the week later in a pokemon direct along with pokken coverage

I'm feeling optimistic in this case as I felt march-april was the most likely time we'd get a reveal if the game was hitting this year.

Smash could launch in september with nintendo's online service, then pokemon could hit for the holidays. There's still the matter of fire emblem though which makes that idea a bit wonky, although they could release those three games each month back to back. Would be insane for the switch

If they remove the DX direct from YT then I'd agree but on their site they do that all the time.
Really, there isn't much to say about Detective Pikachu since all it needs is a demo and Bamco drops character trailers for Pokken randomly.

Not that I think we'll get anything just yet, but is there any precedent of them not taking the directs down from their YT channel? Of course they always take down directs on the official page, but usually that means they're making space for a new one. It's just a matter of if them taking the Pokemon one down specifically means anything about what the next direct will be

The absence of Pokken, any new information on detective Pikachu, and seemingly no filler to tide us over for a gap year, would suggest a Pokemon Direct soon. As would them following previous patters of archiving old directs before releasing new directs

Well.... then they can only release a Direct this week or 20/21 March, since Blastoise releases on the 23th and Detective Pikachu on the 30th.

But considering Zeraora has still too be revealed, that one is a huge stretch, unless they have a Pokemon Direct which covers Blastoise and Detective Pikachu alongside Zeraora, but no Pokemon Switch announcement (Which i doubt will happen, since that will drive the fanbase nuts).

Well.... then they can only release a Direct this week or 20/21 March, since Blastoise releases on the 23th and Detective Pikachu on the 30th.

But considering Zeraora has still too be revealed, that one is a huge stretch, unless they have a Pokemon Direct which covers Blastoise and Detective Pikachu alongside Zeraora, but no Pokemon Switch announcement (Which i doubt will happen, since that will drive the fanbase nuts).

Why couldn't they announce Pokemon Switch at the same time as Zeraora...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom