• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation skipping

Did you skip any generations? (see first post for description)

• Total voters

Mijzelffan

memes
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Since some people claim to skip generations (and those black and white commercials being full of people who played gen I only, and now gen V as well), I want to gauge how many people there are on the forum doing something like that. With generation skipping I mean not playing any of the three main games in a generation, while having played (one of) the main games in the generations before and after it. So remakes do not count for this.

So yeah, did you skip any generation? If yes, which one, and why?

Um, the first generation.

Which isn't a poll choice :p

I didn't play FR, LG, HG, or SS. But I played a new game every gen.

Last edited:
I haven't skipped any. :). I've played a game from every generation, having been an obsessive Pokemon fan from the beginning. I'll get out of it for a while, and then a new game comes out and I find myself buying/playing it.

I missed out on Diamond & Pearl since I kinda lost interest in Pokemon at that time, but I did play Platinum so I guess I have never completely skipped a gen.

Nope. I never skipped a generation. Never have. Never will. I always play something from a generation, no matter what.

I missed out of Gen II, not on purpose but because I didn't know it existed until it was too late. I managed to get HG and SS though so I saw what I missed.

No I didn't skip any because I couldn't miss them :( I love pokemon too much, however I did play through LG/FR only completing the pokemon league and just kinda stopped after that with those versions.

If you count remakes (LeafGreen & HeartGold) then no. If not, then I started at Gen III

I missed out on Diamond & Pearl since I kinda lost interest in Pokemon at that time, but I did play Platinum so I guess I have never completely skipped a gen.

Exactly the same for me really, I missed out on diamond and Pearl for a few years, but play them now to make up for it, But I have played every generation now.

I would never do such a thing! I missed Gens 1-2 because I wasn't born yet when they were made. (But I don't count not being born for games) I got a used Gen 3 game at Gamestop. (Sapphire)

I guess technically no. I played Leaf Green but not until Platinum was already out. I tried and didn't like Ruby and I started but never finished Fire Red since I got Diamond midway through that one.

Completely forgot about pokémon between Gold and HG/SS, but since I later bought Platinum I suppose I've only really skipped R/S. The release of HG/SS reminded me of how much I enjoy defeating critters with an aligator, B/W alone wouldn't had convinced me to buy the ds.

i skipped gen I (which isn't on the poll...) but only because i didn't know that r/b/gr/y existed :X and didn't have a gameboy
so i guess by your standards...no?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom