• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation skipping

Did you skip any generations? (see first post for description)

• Total voters
I followed the games religiously up till DP, which were my last games.

I skipped Platinum because I got tired of re-buying the same game over and over. I skipped HGSS for pretty much the same reason.

So far I still haven't bought Black/White. I think at this point I'll just wait for the third version to come out. Why buy inferior versions when you know the third one will be the one to get, anyway?

Overall a lot of it had to do with the fact that when I was younger I just bought whatever Nintendo threw at me. Since 2007...not anymore.

I was worried I'd miss GIV, but fortuantely i got Platinum when it was released.

I've not skipped a generation, yet. If you ask me that when gen VI is released, though, I will have since I have no intention of ever playing the abomination that is gen V.
Its sad to hear that you aren't going to play gen V. Since you haven't even played the games and your calling them an abomination. :p

Never played the Gen III games. Couldn't afford a Game Boy Advance lol

I played them all, and loved every second (well, except for the zubats).

Gotta catch em all and everything! :)

I played part of Silver in the original Japanese, and I didn't get very far because...I was seven/eight years old (I think, I was nine at the most) and couldn't read Japanese. So I don't really count that.

I skipped the fourth gen games except HGSS, and I skipped Yellow, but I think that was it.

Generation I isn't up there?

I skipped Gen I because my parents deemed Pokémon as satanic when I was younger, but they got over it and I was able to start playing the games starting at Generation II.

I only own SoulSilver and White, but I've played games from all the generations, and I started playing in Generation III. So, have I skipped any?

I own a game from every Gen, but I haven't started them all. And I obviously got them long after they came out.

Nope.

Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, White.

...darn, I feel old.

I skipped Gen III kinda. I picked up Sapphire about... hmm, 6 or 7 months ago. I got to the second gym before giving up as I found Diamond superior in every way (obviously), then gave it to a friend's son as a birthday gift. Because of this, I'm highly anticipating Ruby/Sapphire remakes. With my luck though, I probably won't get them... I've still yet to finish HG/SS because my DS broke and still haven't fixed it or bought a 3DS.

So, does that count as skipping Gen III, even if I did kinda get into it years after the fact?

Because I only started playing with Diamond, I've only got games from Gen III up, and I'm permanently borrowing Red Version from a friend, so I've never played any Gen II games because I haven't got them. Does that count as skipping Gen II?

I didn't skip any generations. Funnily, I played all Gen I, II and III games on consoles not belonging to me. :)

Does never finishing even a single game from a generation count as skipping.

If so, I skipped Generation I which isn't an option...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom