• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation skipping

Did you skip any generations? (see first post for description)

• Total voters
Never skipped a generation. Each new gen caught my interest enough for me to want to get a game from them, and then eventually when they would come out the third version of said gen.

Nope, I've been playing these games since the first ones came out, and I haven't missed any since!

The reason I skipped Gen 4 originally was because Gen 3 kinda killed it for me. So I didn't play or even watch the anime for a long time. I finally started playing again like back in April right before Black and White came out. I still haven't played Diamond, Platinum or HeartGold from Gen 4, but i'm working on getting them.

Mizzle, you missed people like me who skipped Gen V XD

I just don't have the time to get around to playing it. And I don't really plan on it XD

Who knows about gen VI at this point?

I didn't skip any generations, but I didn't start playing until Gen. III. So I went and bought Blue and Gold used not too long after :D

My first game was Sapphire, so I kinda skipped Gens I and II. It wasn't until this year I acquired Red, Blue, Yellow and Silver.

I started with Generation 2 (Gold, 2001), therefore one could say that I skipped Generation 1 initially. I got Yellow in 2002 or 2005 depending on which copy counts, and Red and Blue at the same time second-hand in May 2004. I did not skip Generation 3 (I have Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, and Colosseum), except for XD. I also arguably did not skip Generation 4, as I have Diamond and HeartGold, but I do not have Battle Revolution, Pearl, Platinum, or SoulSilver. Also, I do not have any Generation 5 games thus far.

Never finished Blue version that I borrowed. Those games don't age well. I played it after Gen II and Gen III was coming soon. I got tired of the glitch ridden mess and quit after getting the 3 rd or 4 th badge. I loved FR/LG thugh.

I didn't buy any gen IV game and almost skipped, but I got a DS flash card and just downloaded Platinum, would've done the same for HG/SS but for some reason the stupid thing slowly deteriorated and died.

I played through every generation. And those who say "I wasn't born yet" for Gens I and II make me feel old, because I got Blue for my eighth birthday and Silver for Christmas when I was twelve. ._.

Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Pearl (and Platinum), and White.

The only ones I haven't played are HG/SS, because I haven't gotten around to buying SS yet.

Last edited:
Originally I skipped Gen I and II... so why isn't there a Gen I and II option?

Nope... I got Yellow when I was 8 or so Silver when I was 9 Ruby and Saphire when I was 10 got Emerald when it wasreleased. waited a year to get Diamond because I'm not sure why... Then got Platinum never got Pearl got Soul Silver then Got Black and White.. I feel so old =( I've owned evey main game except for Pearl and heart Gold

Nope. I first got Red and Blue about a year after they were released, and have bought every game since then in the first two weeks they'd been released. I think I'm dedicated.

Well, I wouldn't consider it skipping, but...
I did play Gen I, Gen III, Gen IV and Gen V.
However, Gen I involved me taking my brother's Red, and playing it until he caught me. So I never got very far.
Gen III was the first game I properly played, probably because Gen III was my childhood. I was old enough to enjoy it. I've religiously played the other Generations ever since then.
I never played Gen II, because my brother wisely hid his Gold from me.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom