• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we should get a new team leader if Team Flare returns in the next game(s) (assuming they will be sequels and not re-tellings of the X or Y storyline); Lysandre killed himself, and Xerosic was arrested by Looker. I really think a female team boss is also warranted. We already have 3 female Champions and a female Pokemon Professor, so why not? Hopefully one of the four scientists, or even Malva, takes up that role.

I think almost all of Team Flare died with Lysandre when their lair collapsed (Hoist by His Own Petard, anyone?). After all, we've only seen a handful of others since then, Malva and Xerosic included. The four scientists were never seen again after that, implying they died. But let's see what Z or X-2 and Y-2 has to say on that first.

At least we already know the most likely result for Lysandre for the anime: arrested by Officer Jenny, alongside all the other members.

I think the white-suit admins did outrank the Scientists. Aliana took orders from the admin at the Power Plant. Bryony and Celosia at the Poké Ball Factory were more ambiguous. Xerosic may have been both a Scientist and and admin, since he had access to the secret floor of Lysandre Labs, which only "certain admins" had access to (which suggests that Malva was also of admin status, since she too knew the password).

However, it was also mentioned by a grunt that the Scientists were especially close to Lysandre.

It's unconventional, but I kind of like that about it.

Lysandre also had Lysandre Labs as his tech company front for Team Flare, so I'd imagine that he'd work closely with the scientists there. Xerosic was probably head of R&D, and the other four were the scientists on his team.

The four scientists were never seen again after that, implying they died. But let's see what Z or X-2 and Y-2 has to say on that first.
That's a bit of a jump. The PC was in the lowest part of the cavern when it collapsed, and they escaped. You don't think the others would have tried to run?

There's a very good reason why none of the other scientists would surface (other than the fact that they had next to no plot to begin with)--they're fugitives. Xerosic was arrested, the others would be too if they came out of hiding.

Lysandre also had Lysandre Labs as his tech company front for Team Flare, so I'd imagine that he'd work closely with the scientists there. Xerosic was probably head of R&D, and the other four were the scientists on his team.

The four scientists were never seen again after that, implying they died. But let's see what Z or X-2 and Y-2 has to say on that first.
That's a bit of a jump. The PC was in the lowest part of the cavern when it collapsed, and they escaped. You don't think the others would have tried to run?

There's a very good reason why none of the other scientists would surface (other than the fact that they had next to no plot to begin with)--they're fugitives. Xerosic was arrested, the others would be too if they came out of hiding.

The scientists on the run reminds me of the sages on the run from BW12.

On topic I hope the booger blob is more than just Zygarde's sentient, and a new species of pokemon. I have a feeling that won't be the case even though it's technically possible.

This is gonna sound mean, but I hope we never see the Flare Scientists again in the next game. IMO, as characters they were even more lackluster than Diantha was. And that's pretty bad.

This is gonna sound mean, but I hope we never see the Flare Scientists again in the next game. IMO, as characters they were even more lackluster than Diantha was. And that's pretty bad.

To be honest, I don't disagree. But I do think that Diantha was terrible as well.

The character writing was one of XY's biggest disappointments for me, really, especially when considering that BW did so stunningly well in that department. I did really like Looker and Emma (who didn't?), as well as Sycamore, Trevor, Malva, and the opposite-gendered rival. AZ was okay, but there wasn't really enough investment in him to make his sudden happy ending at the end feel worthwhile. Lysandre was interesting on paper, but they completely mishandled him by making him a frustrated misanthrope in a region full of saintly neighbors. Everybody else was just painfully bland, though.

ORAS was a huge step up from that, and I really hope that the next game keeps that up.

Although in fairness, I do wonder if perhaps the sheer amount of things that they had to overhaul for XY prevented them from doing a more thorough job with things like the characters, plot, and post-game. I could forgive it a bit, if that were the case.

Who knows. My current theory is that the scientists, along with about 75% of the grunts, entered an Ark (hidden away from the playable locations) meant to protect them from the Ultimate Weapon while the player character dealt with Lysandre and Xerneas/Yveltal. When the lair collapsed, they were all crushed to death alongside Lysandre, explaining their lack of presence later on.

This is coming from someone who's still theorizing the ultimate fates of Lady Tremaine and her daughters, who are as equally as evil as CLU (the Disney counterpart of Lysandre), in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Well, she both counts and doesn't count. She is in charge because there's no one above her, but she's also not in charge because she shares her position with the three other executives. But she's also the only female to hold any position of power in an evil Team in all six generations, so I'd count her.
um... Shelly, Courtney, Mars, Jupiter, Mable, Aliana, Bryony, and Celosia? they're all administrators (and equivalents) within their respective organizations.

ALL of those women had someone above them, dear. ALL of them. Ariana (in the only games she shows up in) has NO ONE with more authority than her. Yes, she has three PARTNERS, but no SUPERIORS. She is very much a co-leader of New Rocket, whereas all of the others were lackeys to Archie, Maxie, Cyrus and Lysandre, respectively.

I'd be perfectly fine if we never saw any of the Team Flare scientists again as well. They were really bland and uninteresting. Xerosic was the only one that stood out and that was mainly due to the Looker storyline. The others weren't that much different from the regular Team Flare members. They all had melodramatic reactions to losing with just having slightly more detailed designs being the main differences. Malva being the only returning Team Flare member in the new game would be fine with me. Lysandre was okay, but like a lot of the characters in X/Y, it felt like they could have done more with him to make him more of an interesting leader. If they're somehow able to bring him back for the new games, maybe that would be okay depending on how it ties into the storyline, but I wouldn't be upset if he didn't show up at all either.

Well, she both counts and doesn't count. She is in charge because there's no one above her, but she's also not in charge because she shares her position with the three other executives. But she's also the only female to hold any position of power in an evil Team in all six generations, so I'd count her.
um... Shelly, Courtney, Mars, Jupiter, Mable, Aliana, Bryony, and Celosia? they're all administrators (and equivalents) within their respective organizations.

ALL of those women had someone above them, dear. ALL of them. Ariana (in the only games she shows up in) has NO ONE with more authority than her. Yes, she has three PARTNERS, but no SUPERIORS. She is very much a co-leader of New Rocket, whereas all of the others were lackeys to Archie, Maxie, Cyrus and Lysandre, respectively.

Ariana actually does show up in FRLG as an unnamed grunt in Rocket Warehouse, so in that game she actually is under Giovanni's leadership.

To be honest, I don't disagree. But I do think that Diantha was terrible as well.

The character writing was one of XY's biggest disappointments for me, really, especially when considering that BW did so stunningly well in that department. I did really like Looker and Emma (who didn't?), as well as Sycamore, Trevor, Malva, and the opposite-gendered rival. AZ was okay, but there wasn't really enough investment in him to make his sudden happy ending at the end feel worthwhile. Lysandre was interesting on paper, but they completely mishandled him by making him a frustrated misanthrope in a region full of saintly neighbors. Everybody else was just painfully bland, though.

ORAS was a huge step up from that, and I really hope that the next game keeps that up.

Although in fairness, I do wonder if perhaps the sheer amount of things that they had to overhaul for XY prevented them from doing a more thorough job with things like the characters, plot, and post-game. I could forgive it a bit, if that were the case.
Its why I think outside of sequels, X+Y+ would be the better deal. I have gone into depth on this befor, but XY remastered with an extensive Episode Z post game could work excellently. Kalos itself is an amazing region, it just needs to be fleshed out more, and with sequels, crrtain areas surely would be ignored. Character reworks could make the story of XY shine, and perhaps pacing could be changed a bit. On top of this, stuf like Ryhorn Racing and the Cyllage City bike track could open up, as well as the power plants. And when I say extensive Z post game, it would have the South Kalos portion as a mini region, and instead of dedicating a whole game to Malva and getting Team Flare back to power, a small post game story could work. I still don't see how sequels could work when the protags are the first fully recognized savers of a region, and the obes to save them aren't them. But with a heavily reworked XY, and a dedicated post game to the Zygarde plot, then it could work as a sort of mission for them, and be diffifult to boot, as it would be a story with battles in the mid 70s.

I still don't see how sequels could work when the protags are the first fully recognized savers of a region, and the obes to save them aren't them. But with a heavily reworked XY

I don't even.

Anyway, just because they've saved the region once doesn't mean they have to again, there's nothing forcing Calem/Serena to protect the Kalos region every single day for the rest of their life.

All I have wanted for the longest time is a remake of Platinum. That game is my heart & soul. I love that game more than I love some of my family members. Hey - don't judge! If you meet these people you'd agree LOL.
Seriously - I love everything about it. Which is why I wont replay because I know that the graphics & speed & just outdatedness of it all would probably drive me crazy.

All I have wanted for the longest time is a remake of Platinum. That game is my heart & soul. I love that game more than I love some of my family members. Hey - don't judge! If you meet these people you'd agree LOL.
Seriously - I love everything about it. Which is why I wont replay because I know that the graphics & speed & just outdatedness of it all would probably drive me crazy.

It's too early to do anything with Sinnoh. Try again when we have a new handheld in 7th/8th gen.

And even when we do, if Game Freak approaches Sinnoh the same way they did ORAS, I'd be legitimately worried about how it would turn out. Platinum's design philosophy is the exact opposite of Game Freak's at this point, they'd probably end up ruining it in some way.

I still don't see how sequels could work when the protags are the first fully recognized savers of a region, and the obes to save them aren't them. But with a heavily reworked XY

I don't even.

Anyway, just because they've saved the region once doesn't mean they have to again, there's nothing forcing Calem/Serena to protect the Kalos region every single day for the rest of their life.
Slipof thetongue, I means the ones to save it aren't them. Antway, yes they aren't obliged to save it every other day, it is the first time the protags get recognition, and even ORAS goes out of its way to paint the protags as such. Its a disturbing trend they might be starting, as unlike the Manga were the dex holders age and are actively sought after to help in major conflicts, the fames have been mostly self contained and the protags have never been in the spotlight. On the other hand, I am interesred in the idea that sequels could introduce new protags, while finally having them out of their waters and not really the heroes of the day. I mean, it could work if say Serena and Calem acted as mentors,or perhaps had active roles while you are the support. I dread to xonaider a sequel story without em, and the treatment Hilbert/Hilda got in B2W2 alongside N really puts me off the idea. The only real thing that has me hoping things will go smoother is that it looks like GF has an actual arc going for the games, with them actively making past games connect to the present. I think if anything, I think we will have groundwork layed to make Megaverse events of the past games have elements that tie the plot loosely to all regions. Call me crazy, but if they are fonna release near the 20th I can see foreshadowing happening to the distant Sinnoh remakes, and have Unova characters pop up in the plot.

Ooh nice little theory going around. That this little green blob might be locked in one of the Power Plant areas we can't access. While of course anime=/=games, the Pokémon were seemingly being experimented on in a large lab in the Mega Evolution special. Maybe it could translate into the games too and that behind that locked door this little guy is being experimented on?

Just a baseless theory :)

and you said that Ariana was unique because she's the only female that has even had power within an evil organization. that is simply not true. she's the only female to be more of a leader, but she's not the first with power. i mean, though not a woman, Saturn is second in command after Cyrus disappears/stays in the distortion world. i would imagine Mars and Jupiter are not far behind him then.

ultimately there's no way to discern whether or not they're lackeys given that we never know how the internal power structures of each organization work. i highly doubt they are, given that they lead operations are a number of them appear fairly close to the leaders of their respective organizations (the Flare scientists, Courtney, Shelly).

Last edited:
tumblr_nszrwpuogq1s3q0w8o1_500.gif

This is really awesome and weirdly adorable at the same time. :D I can easily see this happening, especially because of the whole "zygote" theme that they both seem to be based off of. If this is how Booger and Zygarde are related, then I wonder what would cause it to become the monolith shadow-Form/whatever. Maybe even more Boogers are needed to merge with regular Zygarde? An item? I dunno, but it'll be interesting to find out.

and you said that Ariana was unique because she's the only female that has even had power within an evil organization. that is simply not true. she's the only female to be more of a leader, but she's not the first with power. i mean, though not a woman, Saturn is second in command after Cyrus disappears/stays in the distortion world. i would imagine Mars and Jupiter are not far behind him then.

ultimately there's no way to discern whether or not they're lackeys given that we never know how the internal power structures of each organization work. i highly doubt they are, given that they lead operations are a number of them appear fairly close to the leaders of their respective organizations (the Flare scientists, Courtney, Shelly).

Well, she was the first with power unless you count Jessie in Yellow (since she and James guard Giovanni at Silph Co., that would suggest they're his second-in-commands in the game's universe), since Ariana appeared (unnamed, of course) in Gold, Silver and Crystal, long before Shelley, Courtney, Mars and Jupiter.

But whatever, going back to the topic of Flubber and Zygarde, that GIF is adorable! :D But I really hope Flubber is made into his own Pokémon, it would be so rude if it wasn't.

But one thing everyone seems to be forgetting... We KNOW that massive monster is Zygarde. We SPECULATE that this little blob is Zygarde, as well. If both are Zygarde, then why is Flubber scared of Obelisk The Tormentor in the trailers? If they're two parts of the same Pokémon, why would one fear the other, especially if the smaller one is vital to the larger one's creation as has been speculated on here?

Or what if Gamefreak is completely trolling us and Flubber IS related to Zygarde, but isn't a part of it, and Flubber itself is somehow Obelisk, both having nothing to do with Zygarde except some sort of relation?

Definitely a possibility and looking more and more likely it'll come to pass. That still tho, at least in my mind, doesn't mean that the blobmon can't b it's own Pokemon. Again I c this being very similar to Diancie and Carbink where they technically come together to create Zygarde, but are stand alone Pokemon as well. Diancie's Pokedex entry states that it comes about from a sudden transformation of a Carbink. So maybe they make this Blob turn into Zygarde as Carbink turns into Dicancie. They could make the little guy's entry something like "(Blobmon) tend to group together. When they reach a certain number and size their power combines to make something special." and maybe they amend Zygardes entry to hint at their relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom