• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting idea on a DLC, Silktree, however I think it is unlikely they would include this as a DLC due to the fact that X and Y are already 2-ish years old now...It is possible though and the content you have thought up is very cool.

EDIT: I got ninja'd and apparently it is not DLC. My above argument is invalidd, but I still stand by my statement that it's a cool idea.

Also, the Unova Royal could be built faster or slower in the Megaverse. How do we know?

My belief and observation is that the cities and locations in the Mega Evolution games seem very much more modernized than those in the Standard Timeline. It is those technological advancements that could lead to the Royal Unova being built faster in the Megaverse, Mauville's sudden change in design, etc. If the events of those in the Megaverse take place at exactly the same time as their Standard counterparts, then by the parallel universe theory thingamajig it's possible somewhere back in time, someone in the Megaverse could have hypothetically made an important scientific discovery maybe a little earlier than their Standard alias, resulting in the more urban and modernized societies we see in ORAS and XY...

Oh god, imagine having to pick up the complete form poop. Not enough plastic bags and paper towels in the world.

What if it shit little Zygarde Cores or Cells?

Do you think it's possible that the new games are being held back intentionally to assure more people will buy them? Cause they could think that a large portion of fans could not be "hungry" for a new game yet? I know people around here are, but casual fans might not be...Like Platinum was held back, as it clearly didn't take two year to produce, but GF probably held it back so people could hype up more?

Could this be the case with Z? Cause Z surely could be made in less than 12 months, since ORAS took around a year to produce and Z should be easier to produce... at least if it is not a sequel.

My guesses are 2...
- They are waiting for PMD to be released before they announce the new game, a Nintendo decision.

- ORAS was a very hyped and long awaited game, so they think it should stay relevant longer and that the fans hype for it will take longer to wear out than usual.

My hypothesis might be completely wrong, but I just know they could have released a simple third version Z by now if they wanted to.

However, if they are planning to surprise us and start Gen 7 next year, it would all be explained.

I like this theory...If Z exists regardless of it being a sequel or not then it is most definitely already in development as they've had a year, maybe more since the release of ORAS to get started on and maybe even finish the game...Your first guess is basically what I've been thinking all along; MD is the most popular spinoff series and generates a lot of hype on its own, however it is not popular enough to withstand the amount of hype that would come from a main series announcement...It is a good business decision for Nintendo to wait to announce Z, if it exists, for the sake of SMD and Yo-Kai Watch sales.

It is a good business decision for Nintendo to wait to announce Z, if it exists, for the sake of SMD and Yo-Kai Watch sales.
Then why start the new anime arc now? If they announce a Z version any time from now until SMD's European release in early 2016, the purpose will be defeated.

And I find a third version remarkably underwhelming and a waste of time relative to a new generation. What's your point?
And why are you assuming that the next game could be a mere third version?

I find most of these ideas underwhelming or simply contrived.
And I find a third version remarkably underwhelming and a waste of time relative to a new generation. What's your point?

A third version is better than the so called remakes ORAS. What a joke ORAS were. I expect Z to be better than ORAS by a mile just like XY.

And why are you assuming that the next game could be a mere third version?
For the simple reason that if they want to make it bigger than that, they have no financial reason not to release two versions, which would require Complete Forme to have a counterpart. I don't see that happening when it is already stronger than Xerneas and Yveltal, as well as borrowing elements from both of them. Not only that, but the anime favoring one of the versions in such a blatant way would be silly.

Ok... so I'm seeing people panic about a generic 3rd version, and then saying we're going straight to Gen 7... and all of this is based on the anime. Am I missing something here? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously wondering why you guys are coming to these conclusions. I haven't followed the anime since the Johto saga, so I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. Or why should we be worrying?

Ok... so I'm seeing people panic about a generic 3rd version, and then saying we're going straight to Gen 7... and all of this is based on the anime. Am I missing something here? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously wondering why you guys are coming to these conclusions. I haven't followed the anime since the Johto saga, so I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. Or why should we be worrying?
The anime is starting with a new series titled XY&Z whereas previously it's been only titled XY. The series will feature Zygarde, its core and flat cells as well as the forms. Also, Team Flare is going after Zygarde for some reason.

Naturally, since anime promotes the games, this is leading people to believe that a Z version is 100% confirmed.

Personally though, I doubt that is the case. I honestly doubt they'd so openly reveal the title of the next game.

Well, I don't really care either way (Z or gen 7). I just want to be hype by the new info such as announcing a main game, revealing what Ash Greninja is about, new Mega or new Pokemon if gen 7, etc. GF is slowly killing me right now with the lack of info. (lol, CoroCoro barely leaked 4 days ago.)

When's Pokemon Fan coming out? I read that it was coming around this week.

When's Pokemon Fan coming out? I read that it was coming around this week.
It's already out, you can check Tumblr or forums for the information - it's being translated and posted as we speak.

It's already out, you can check Tumblr or forums for the information - it's being translated and posted as we speak.

Oh thanks, I can't wait for it, I'm guessing somebody will be posting it here?

Anyway, my stance about a "Z" kind of game/s coming soon being the most likely still stands. I don't see why Zygarde would not get the same treatment as the previous 3 legendaries and only have an anime arc, when not everyone watches the anime and the main point of the anime is to advertise its games and merchandise, and how it would be spoiling the entire game's plot, when anyone who watches the anime knows that the plots of the evil Teams differ from the main games with only the conclusion being the same. Even if we don't get a "Z" game/s now, there's still two game slots for this generation, so an announcement still can happen and there's still Pokemon's 20th anniversary, but admittedly GameFreak's answer to that could just be Pokemon Go, and with it getting so much hype swarming social media and having over 14 million views on YouTube it's likely it will become a new hit. A new game/s announcement just around the announcement of Pokemon Go would not be the wisest thing to do either, and with the anime news we can speculate at least.

Oh thanks, I can't wait for it, I'm guessing somebody will be posting it here?

Anyway, my stance about a "Z" kind of game/s coming soon being the most likely still stands. I don't see why Zygarde would not get the same treatment as the previous 3 legendaries and only have an anime arc, when not everyone watches the anime and the main point of the anime is to advertise its games and merchandise, and how it would be spoiling the entire game's plot, when anyone who watches the anime knows that the plots of the evil Teams differ from the main games with only the conclusion being the same. Even if we don't get a "Z" game/s now, there's still two game slots for this generation, so an announcement still can happen and there's still Pokemon's 20th anniversary, but admittedly GameFreak's answer to that could just be Pokemon Go, and with it getting so much hype swarming social media and having over 14 million views on YouTube it's likely it will become a new hit. A new game/s announcement just around the announcement of Pokemon Go would not be the wisest thing to do either, and with the anime news we can speculate at least.
... What is "pokemon fan" exactly ?

Anyway, i really don't think the next game is going to be called "Z". That would just boring and waaaaaaay too predictable.

Yeah, but I think it's going to be similar to it kind of like how BW2 was. I'm expecting at least two more Zygarde Formes if they make two Zygarde games.

To the people saying they think the next games will be Gen 7 how do you think game freak will handle these new formes then?

Not include them and leave them anime exclusive (not likely as we have all the data for 3 formes )

Just randomly have them available in gen 7 with no explanation (also unlikely)

Have the gen 7 games focus on zygarde (again unlikely as its part of a gen 6 trio)

I'm certain the next game/games will be Gen 6 and have these new formes in. Maybe they won't call it Z but it will be in essence

To the people saying they think the next games will be Gen 7 how do you think game freak will handle these new formes then?

Not include them and leave them anime exclusive (not likely as we have all the data for 3 formes )

Just randomly have them available in gen 7 with no explanation (also unlikely)

Have the gen 7 games focus on zygarde (again unlikely as its part of a gen 6 trio)

I'm certain the next game/games will be Gen 6 and have these new formes in. Maybe they won't call it Z but it will be in essence

Whilst it is quite unlikely there's no reason they couldn't do a gen 6.5 type of thing. Perhaps set in a new region but with Zygarde appearing to solve whatever issue arises. It would essentially be a prolonged transition from one gen to another, with new areas, pokemon, etc being added across the generation rather than in the first games.

But yeah, I agree that we'll probably be seeing a 'Z' next year. Question is, when for the release date? February is in line with the anniversary but with an October reveal...I don't know if 5 months is what they'd want to roll with. We'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I feel the games should have a shorter time gap between reveal and release. Sure that means longer periods with nothing new between games, but you don't have to deal with 'Hype Fatigue' as I call it. I mean, XY didn't really need to be revealed till like March/April time.

Gen 7 happening next fall or next year in fact is madness. I can see it happening spring 2017 maybe, a year or so after the final gen 6 release, or fall 2017, but not this coming year. The Anime focusing on Zygarde is basically the same thing as the movie of the yearfocusing on Zygarde, just this time we get an arc with a more thorough story that leads to the games, instead of a 90 advertising stint for something a good 3 months off. Cause you know, the movie IS in July,with the games two to four months off, they probably figured why not capitalize on those 4 or so months and have the Anime focus on it instead. Its basically the same thing as the movies guys, just in a more direct way. Game announcement month for sure.

Not to mention,Movie 19 could focus on Volcanion and Eternal Floette instead of Volcanoon and Zygarde, possibly part of thewhole flowers bit.

Last edited:
Yeah, and the next movie doesn't have to be the only thing focused on flowers. I don't think GO or Pokken have a theme related to flowers, which makes me think we'll get a main game/s with Zygarde with the focus on flowers.

Aren't we done with all that gen 6.5 and gen 7 stuff ?! I mean, isn't it obvious that the gen 6 isn't over yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom