• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

So apparently this:
Leaked Pokémon Sun and Moon Information - Smogon University

Take it with a grain of salt. It may be an April Fools joke.

100% Zygarde has a BST of 900?!?!?!
(At least it's not.... OVER 900!!!) (Sorry pls)

Why is there a model for Mega Skarmory, but Flygon and Delcatty are just the usual models?
EDIT: My bad, I'm unfamiliar with Skarmory's model. I was looking for the red.

Some abilities seem way too OP.

And why the poor Japanese?
Seems fake.

Eh, the requirement for getting Complete Zygarde (getting both Pokemon to level 100) just reeks of being fake.
i mean the whole intro of 'we deleted the user to protect them (but still showed you this screenshot of them), also the person that met with them was advised to go mia but isn't anymore' reeks even more of fake. it was a fun read anyways.

It seems very fake to me. Making up a few moves and abilities is very easy, there's no explanation on what makes them think the info is legit, the methods for obtaining Zygarde's formes are sketchy, Manectric and Electrode can't get another ability when they already have 2 plus a hidden one, etc. It also just seems weird that a leaker would reveal moves, items and abilities rather than new Pokemon and mechanics.

Question: Was this posted OFFICIALYY on Smogon? I don't know how Smogon posts work so... Can someone explain it? Like it seems like it might just be a few random users writing this and posting it like a blog?
Does Smogon itself (I mean the admins, mods, etc.) say this information is true?

Question: Was this posted OFFICIALYY on Smogon? I don't know how Smogon posts work so... Can someone explain it? Like it seems like it might just be a few random users writing this and posting it like a blog?
Does Smogon itself (I mean the admins, mods, etc.) say this information is true?
In answer to your second question:
We had a look into the information, and we can now reveal, with 95% certainty, that the leak is correct. - Smogon University

But that could just add to it more being a joke due to they are being so serious and trying not to give anything away.

In answer to your second question:
We had a look into the information, and we can now reveal, with 95% certainty, that the leak is correct. - Smogon University

But that could just add to it more being a joke due to they are being so serious and trying not to give anything away.
How can we know that that's actually Smogon University and not just some random users on it? I.e. how do we know that "we" is Smogon U and not just the three users who wrote the article?
I went to articles, and it appears that articles can be written by anyone.
(Curiously, this article isn't under the articles list, though it clearly says it's part of the article section in the top left.)

How can we know that that's actually Smogon University and not just some random users on it? I.e. how do we know that "we" is Smogon U and not just the three users who wrote the article?
I went to articles, and it appears that articles can be written by anyone.
(Curiously, this article isn't under the articles list, though it clearly says it's part of the article section in the top left.)
Yes, this smells very fishy. We'll possibly find out if it's real in a few hours.

I really love the discussions I have started up! :)

Well, some of the moves and abilities mentioned there seems pointless. Zygarde info is obviously fake because Cells and Cores are not formes. Only 10% and up are formes. If Cells and Cores were formes, they would have shown up in Tretta or have their own Pokemon card in TCG.

Zygarde info is obviously fake because Cells and Cores are not formes. Only 10% and up are formes. If Cells and Cores were formes, they would have shown up in Tretta or have their own Pokemon card in TCG.

Hmm this is interesting.... I don't know the relationship between the main series and Tretta and TCG, but is the relationship strong enough for that statement to be almost certain?
Also, if they're not formes.... What else are they? Have we ever had a Pokemon that has forms that are not formes? (see what I did there)

Hmm this is interesting.... I don't know the relationship between the main series and Tretta and TCG, but is the relationship strong enough for that statement to be almost certain?
Also, if they're not formes.... What else are they? Have we ever had a Pokemon that has forms that are not formes? (see what I did there)
They are hexagons, what else?!:D

They are hexagons, what else?!:D
AHAHAHHA
More seriously, I checked the Forme page, and as expected, all previous forms of Pokemon were their Formes.
Maybe they'll be like items.....? Like you can carry them around in your bag, and like fossils, but only when you have enough of them, you can use them to create a 10% forme somehow.

AHAHAHHA
More seriously, I checked the Forme page, and as expected, all previous forms of Pokemon were their Formes.
Maybe they'll be like items.....? Like you can carry them around in your bag, and like fossils, but only when you have enough of them, you can use them to create a 10% forme somehow.
Preliminary guess, I think you could use a key item on Zygarde and the cells would gather into it to change formes, or maybe other mechanics. But in Tretta, they are just a bunch on hexagons that flow into 50% to change it to complete forme.

Keep in mind, guys, it's said that Zygarde Cells and Cores can't even use moves by themselves (lest we forget the Cells' lack of individual willpower), so it's highly unlikely that we'll have them featured as battle-ready Pokémon in Sun & Moon even if the other formes appear. The poor saps look like they could be crushed way too easily anyway...

Another evidence is that if you recheck the official website. Cells and Cores are mentioned as Zygarde Cells and Zygarde Cores while 10%, 50%, and Complete have the word forme tag along.

I'm sketchy on the so called 'new pokemon' too. Yeah it's just a rough by someone who isn't an artist but it's difficult to even tell what it is supposed to be. Some kind of bug? I do like some of those moves and abilities, but if there was a move that let fairies KO Steel types that would be seriously OP. Fairies aren't in unnecessary danger from steel types, they don't need a move like that to stay viable. Also the 'shrapnel move', I don't think GF would make a move that hurts pokemon not even on the field. Although i actually kind of like the idea of Complete Zygarde being nigh impossible to get. It kind of makes it more interesting, instead of just "That one pokemon that looks like it could be a villain from Godzilla."

Also, we have roughly 45 minutes until pokenchi now.

Back
Top Bottom