• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader Rage!

Is it just me or do dragon trainers like to cheat,cheat as in have unlimited full restores!! Maybe it's just my game but Clair used about 9 full restores on her Pokemon, then afterward she has the nerve to tell me go to the Dragons Din then ill give you your badge! Of course Lance and his three Dragonites,that was just pure wrong.

Erika's new gym was a nice touch,but it took abit of getting used to,Blane actually had trainers in his new gym,good for him,he still looks like Dr. Robotnik's thin twin brother. :p

Last edited:
Yeah I was surprised that Whitney wasn't nearly as hard as usual. I didn't beat her on my first try, but I used to have to train for a bit before I could beat her, and I really didn't. Didn't even need to get a fighting type. I think I even won because she used rollout, it was the milk drink that was a pain.

Now morty on the other hand... Shadow Ball?!?! are you kidding me?! He goes first, and BAM OHKO. Luckily Doduo is Normal :D Was still hard though. But besides that, it's been a walk in the park so far.

I had a harder time with Bugsy than I did in the original Gold Version. Not only are his levels higher, but Scyther's U-turn is devastating. I only managed to beat him when I lucked out and he DIDN'T use U-turn.

I'm coming up on my Gym Battle with Whitney... here's hoping I have an easier time of it than some of the people here.

I don't have all of the badges yet, but Bugsu has been the hardest so far for some reason? It was mainly that stupid Scyther and U-Turn. If I hadn't poisoned him, then my battle would have gone alot worse.

New Gym Leader fail from me:

Jasmine. Lv. 30 Magnemite. Thunderbolt that one-hit KOs my Machop and Vulpix, which are my only super-effective Pokemon against Steel. In a word, ouch.

Maybe I need to send Flaafy out first to Flash spam...

Okay, that did make me rage, but only because the first two times I played him, I had him in the red zone when he magically pulled a crit and did 80% damage to either of my two strong guys.

So for try #3, I just threw my TM slaves under the bus and switched to my sluggers to kill his two cicadas, and that ended the U-turn party.

All of them were pretty easy to beat, except Clair and her stupid Sniper Kingdra. Typhlosion was KOed for the 2nd time ever. It took an hour or two to finally beat it.

See, I don't do competition, EVs, IV, or any of that metagame crap. So if something saves my butt, whether it's acceptable or not, it's fine with me. lol

Man after my own heart.

Is it just me or do dragon trainers like to cheat,cheat as in have unlimited full restores!! Maybe it's just my game but Clair used about 9 full restores on her Pokemon, then afterward she has the nerve to tell me go to the Dragons Din then ill give you your badge!

Claire's just a bitch. That's never been questioned.

ugh i swept through the elite 4 and then i came up against lance........ freaking lance, such a giant cheater.

Whitney spamming Milk Drink on me so far. Jasmine was a bit harder, though. I'm used to Quilava's Flame Wheel devastating it, but in this game, it barely even feels Fire hits.

When I played my Japanese SoulSilver...the only one that posed a threat was Blue, I had to catch a Snorlax to help me defeat him.

Holy crap Brock, I'm going to win eventually, using four Full Restores on one Pokemon isn't going to help!

Whitney spamming Milk Drink on me so far. Jasmine was a bit harder, though. I'm used to Quilava's Flame Wheel devastating it, but in this game, it barely even feels Fire hits.
Not from a physical attack so weak anyway.

Not from a physical attack so weak anyway.
I did find that odd that Flame Wheel isn't so great in this game. Many times I find myself using Ember instead, unfortunately.

It's nice to know the Flame Wheel won't work as well against Jasmine then. Might just level all the way up to lvl 35 for Quilava just to get him to know Lava Plume. Wish he'd learn Flamethrower earlier instead of in the 40s.

The one that outright annoyed me more than any of the others was Falkner.

Pidgeotto used Roost. Pidgeotto used Roost. Pidgeotto used Roost. Pidgeotto used Roost. Pidgeotto used Roost.

STOP IT D:<

It's nice to know the Flame Wheel won't work as well against Jasmine then. Might just level all the way up to lvl 35 for Quilava just to get him to know Lava Plume. Wish he'd learn Flamethrower earlier instead of in the 40s.
Vulpix's Flamethrower worked rather well for me. That is, after having Flaafy spam Flash on both of the Magnemites. My Feraligatr was money against Steelix, though, thanks to Surf. Third time was the charm.

My strategy was to get a zubat with hypnosis(egg move :p) and u-turn and switch with some pokemon with super effective moves. With Lance, it was pretty easy with the dragonites. But now I feel like I cheated through the whole game...

I literally just sweeped my way through every gym. The only exception is Clair, whose Kingdra had a high amount of Defense, but after one revive, it got owned. Once I got to Blue, let's just say he never made a single move at all.

Every Gym Leader I went throughad some tricks. Maybe because I've only gone up to Chuck? Anyways, here is the list.

*Falker- A pain! I wish to stab him. His Pidgeoto's Roost kept getting on my nerves!

*Busgy- Nothing wrong with her. Or is it a him? I don't know. XD

*Whitney- Again 'I WISH TO STAB HER!' Kill her, whatever you like. One) STUPID ATTRACT! Especially when all of my Pokemon are Male. Maybe, when Wi-Fi comes back on at my house, I can get the Spiky-Eared Pichu on my team.
Another thing wrong with her 'STOMP' "ROLLOUT' UGH! And, she is a total crybaby. 'Nuf said.

*Morty- Shadow Ball. That is all.

*Chuck- When you have a Fire Type, and a Ground Type, on your team, as your main peoples, it is horror. The ground type, and Fire type is drowned.

And those are all of the leades I have faced.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom