• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How will Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon effect the anime?

The picture makes me think of yokai watch
I keep hearing this but I'm not sure how.
Rotom is based on Pulseman, a hero that can manipulate electronic objects not Whisper.
As for the change in setting well I guess this is their way of revamping the formula.
I'll admit though it's odd to see the anime do anything drastic.
If this bombs then we'll never see something like this again

My guess is the say way he reacted when he saw Zekrom in Unova.
I think that they would meet face to face for the first time and then Tapu Koko leaves before or after Ash ask who it is. Then Ash starts wondering who Tapu Koko is until he asks someone who knows.

I keep hearing this but I'm not sure how.
Rotom is based on Pulseman, a hero that can manipulate electronic objects not Whisper.
As for the change in setting well I guess this is their way of revamping the formula.
I'll admit though it's odd to see the anime do anything drastic.
If this bombs then we'll never see something like this again
I meant to his face and pose

Apparently, it's affecting the animé a great deal. For me, given what we've learned, I'm taking a wait and see approach to the animé. The games certainly look like they'll be great and story driven. I can only hope that the animé follows suit and that there aren't any issues in this saga the way there were in the BW saga, which was looking really good until the canceled TR vs. TP two-parter. And even then, it wasn't until the Roxie battle that BW really went downhill. For the school concept, I don't know what to think of it yet. It could be done well, but it also has the potential to be a disaster. Still, given what was happening in the games, I kind of expected the animé to go in a different direction compared to the previous sagas, so I'm still holding out hope for it and I will at least wait until after the first, say, ten episodes before making any type of judgment on it.

Oh my, I too am getting very strong Yo-Kai Watch vibes from that poster. Somehow or other, I get the impression that they're going for goofy over action-packed with this one.

I think that thing is quite blatantly supposed to be filling in for Whisper (regardless of what Rotom itself is based upon). I'll withhold judgement until I see how it's implemented of course, but seeing Rotom-Pokedex in the context of that poster merely reinforces the gut-feeling that the idea to transform the series' encyclopedia into a talking ghost probably didn't come to them by coincidence.

Oh my, I too am getting very strong Yo-Kai Watch vibes from that poster. Somehow or other, I get the impression that they're going for goofy over action-packed with this one. Agai

I think that thing is quite blatantly supposed to be filling in for Whisper (regardless of what Rotom itself is based upon). I'll withhold judgement until I see how it's implemented of course, but seeing Rotom-Pokedex in the context of that poster merely reinforces the gut-feeling that the idea to transform the series' encyclopedia into a talking ghost probably didn't come to them by coincidence.
it's based off of there old IP that had the ability to manipulate electronic devices to help people. Honestly, people have been reaching with these comparisons and it's getting out of hand as the days go on

I'm aware of what Rotom's supposed to be based on. I'm just having a very hard time believing that the decision to use it in this manner wasn't influenced in any way by Whisper's role in Yo-Kai Watch. Like I say, I will ultimately suspend judgement until I see it in context, but we will have to agree to differ for now.

I'm aware of what Rotom's supposed to be based on. I'm just having a very hard time believing that the decision to use it in this manner wasn't influenced in any way by Whisper's role in Yo-Kai Watch. Like I say, I will ultimately suspend judgement until I see it in context, but we will have to agree to differ for now.
Sorry I've just heard it all on Twitter. From Litten being Jibanyan to Z moves being Soulmates. It just gets really tiring is all. Heck Whisper isn't even all that liked in Japan to begin with.

I for one am not surprised to see Pokémon taking a few pages from Yo-Kai Watch with how successful it's been as of late. I'm also a fan of Yo-Kai Watch so I'm hoping Pokémon doesn't go out of its way to be just like it. That said, it'd be cool to see Ash more comedic than he's already been.

I think Ash works best with only starter being caught in the region. Sceptile and Greninja are proof of that. Rowlet line would be a good starter for him especially as he lacked a Grass type last region. Don't really like the whole going to school thing to be honest.

Wow, looks like I nailed it.

I hate the poster. This is all along looking like Unova over again. Animé could be pefect, Animé could be more popular and could influence Pokéfans all around the world just like Kalos League season. But the department rather keep it to little kids. Fine then.

To be fair, the target audience has and always will be little Japanese kids, so of course they're going to appeal to that demographic.

To be fair, the target audience has and always will be little Japanese kids, so of course they're going to appeal to that demographic.
Personally, I'm going to be sad if Ash gets reset and turns stupid again. It's one of the factors that messed up Best Wishes, and after being the serious veteran that a lot of fans loved, I'm pretty sure there's going to be an uproar if he turns out to forget how to capture a pokemon again. Even the recent tweets from the anime staff hints that they do know that Ash has lost way too many times in the league, and they wanted to let him win (but couldn't for some reason) - which means, to some extent, they do care about the older fans who kept up with the anime. The main target audience won't change - I know it's always going to be kids. But with all the Gen1 favoritism and massive nostalgia triggering going on even in Gen7, it's apparent they're trying to appeal to the older fans in many ways possible.

When I saw the promotion picture of Ash, I thought "Wow, he doesn't look happy. More like embarassed he has to do this silly pose." Regarding the Sun and Moon anime, I will give it a chance and wait for the first trailer. And I think I will watch the first episodes to check out how it is. I have just one little wish: Please do not regress Ash like BW did, please...

Actually, that might've been what they were trying to do with the Mega Specials all along. However, there is also part of me that suspects the Mega Specials were going to lead back to the main show all along as well. The turn taken for XYZ definitely reflects that. The big question, though, is can they do it again? Otherwise, if that is the case, one wonders if we'll have a more mature side series again. Again, they keep us in the dark on the villain team. That is to be expected. That only makes us question more what they're going to do with it. I really didn't like having to wait for months on end to see the next one, but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. They obviously can't spend that much on it, and I'd rather have quality than for something to go sour somehow.

Personally, I'm going to be sad if Ash gets reset and turns stupid again. It's one of the factors that messed up Best Wishes, and after being the serious veteran that a lot of fans loved, I'm pretty sure there's going to be an uproar if he turns out to forget how to capture a pokemon again. Even the recent tweets from the anime staff hints that they do know that Ash has lost way too many times in the league, and they wanted to let him win (but couldn't for some reason) - which means, to some extent, they do care about the older fans who kept up with the anime. The main target audience won't change - I know it's always going to be kids. But with all the Gen1 favoritism and massive nostalgia triggering going on even in Gen7, it's apparent they're trying to appeal to the older fans in many ways possible.

As much as I don't like how people are panicking over the poster, I also don't want Ash to regress like that again. That fear is a bit more reasonable considering how competent he has been in XY and the idea of turning Ash into a complete idiot again when it comes to Pokemon to start off SM doesn't sound implausible, mainly due to the transition from DP to BW. I just think it's a bit much to assume that from the poster. While it's true that there is a lot of first generation favoritism in this generation, I feel like they're more willing to appeal to older fans through the games than with the show. I certainly don't think it would be a bad idea if they did try to appeal to older fans in the anime as well, or at least throw some bones to long time fans, but I can see why that isn't much of a priority for the show as it is with the games. There tend to be more older fans playing the games than watching the show.

Although, with all of the backlash of the Kalos League finale and even some of the staff members responding to the results, it kind of makes me hope that Ash will get some kind of major victory in SM. Getting to the finals is impressive and huge, but having a huge victory under his belt would probably be good right about now. The Battle Frontier is his most recent big victory and that was over ten years ago at this point.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom