• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Re: Your first Pokemon game?

Crystal.

EDIT: Or Stadium, if you include that.

Last edited:

My first one was Emerald. I fell in love with it instantly and got LeafGreen soon after.

The original Silver. I stopped being into Pokemon after a while until I decided to get Platinum last year. So technically my first was Silver.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire. I eventually also got Ruby & Emerald. Third Generation. :)

I think my first game was Blue around when it came out but i was only about five years old so i had to have help playing it and have owned and beat almost all games since

Firered. It was from my brother. Then I got Gold and Red from my cousin. I couldnt keep Red though.Bit it doesnt matter because I only wanted It to catch Misingno. then give it back to my cousin saying its in perfect shape.Lucky for him I didnt reach Cinnibar before he wanted it back.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue, although I had no idea at that time how to pass the old man blocking the road. My first after my break from Pokemon is Emerald, which is a better experience from Sapphire in my opinion.

Pokemon Blue back anytime around 1999-2001. I didn't know there was a save option and I was dumb enough to give my rival the same name as mine.

500th post! :)

Crystal, actually, when I was 7. Then I saw the gameplay of Red and Blue.

But I never got past the Elite Four of any game until I was about 10.

Blue version a couple of months after it came out. The first and only time playing through a pokemon game without any prior information.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom