• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Re: Your first Pokemon game?

A bootlegged version of Blue Version (that had a black case) that had a nasty habit of erasing all the data whenever it wanted. My older brother and I both played it and we once got all 151 (including Mew) and it erased itself the next day. Then we got Yellow version.

Sapphire borrowed it from my best friend i've been borrowing it for 7 years now XD

Pokémon Gold. I was eight years old; I still remember saving up all my money to pool for a Gameboy Color and Pokémon. Gold seemed cooler at the time.

Ruby. It was for either my 9th or 10th birthday. Probably my 9th. I still go back and replay it some. I use it mostly for importing rare pokemon now.

My first game was FireRed. I was like 9 or 10 I can't really remember.

Pearl, I got it for my tenth birthday.

My brother got Yellow, and then I got Crystal, and he gave Yellow to me. Crystal is the best.

I think I played Red or Blue in Walmart once but the first one that I owned was Silver.

Had Stadium 1,2 and Hey You Pikachu earlier. Main series game first was Emerald. Best Pokemon game past present future

Stadium one then Ruby, just took off after that.

hmm. mine was actually XD. But I play leafgreen more. I ALWAYS choose Bulbasaur!

I'd say Pearl. I got it with my own money just before a friend's birthday party. I restarted once because I had forgotten to do something, but it was too early in the game for me to have lost any Pokes. Good times, good times.

Yellow 11 years ago. Was Japanese, so I accidentally ended up resetting my save file due to lack of bilingualness at the time.

I bought an American Yellow some years after that, but realized it was boring as the honey tree on DPPt.

First version I extensively played was my Gold ROM in 2001.

Mine was the fun Pearl version, but when my HeartGold(my 2nd game) came, it's more fun!!!
~I'm in the Indigo Plateau now,as in TODAY~
(not bragging! just got carried away,again!!!)

Pokemon Blue was my first game back when I was 5 years old, those were some good times. :lol:

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom