• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Re: Your first Pokemon game?

gold
oh i miss my dragonite with zapcannon

My first game was pokemon Red. Got it for Christmas in 98. I was 8 years old and I played the shit out of that game

Silver. My starter, Cyndaquil, through it's evolutions, ever only learns one HM, cut, and no TMs.

Whitney is evil.

Pokemon Blue Version. I was 9 years old, going on 10. The franchise has grown with me.

Mine was Blue, I had it on an emulator though back when I was about 14, my parents were too cheap to buy me a game boy.

Pokemon crystal(I played my bro's game), but I guess it was actually Silver because I actually made my own game with a cyndaquil that became a typholsion, and I don't remember much else because i was 4.

'Twas Red, so many years ago. All my schoolmates at the time were raving about it (the Pokémon craze of the 90's was beginning to erupt), so out of curiosity I bought Red. Blue soon followed, and the rest is history.

First game played was Yellow, but the first I bought was Ruby, I saved about 150 dollars to buy it along a Red GBA sp so... I enjoyed it :D

Gee, I feel old after reading some of these, well I probably got my Blue Version when I was about 8 or 9.

blue.
I dont remember much about it, though I remember my juice got out of the bottle or something and got in my gameboy/cartridge.

you would not believe how happy I was when it still worked.

Gold was my first game! I used to be late for class because I got too busy playing my Gold. hahaha

My first Pokemon game was Blue.
Then, subsequently, went through the whole color spectrum... Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Pearl, SoulSilver, Black... also, Pokemon Pinball and the Pokemon TCG video game...

my first pokemon game was gold, then i got crytal, and eventually i got sapphire, emerald, pearl, diamond, platinum, heartgold and soulsilver.

edit; and i had red for a short while aswell.

Emerald. c:

I lost the game cartridge about a year ago. My cousin was nice enough to lend me his, though.

Red. Ain't no school like the old school.

I remember that Gold/Silver where my first two games. No clue which one came first, though.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom