• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Jumanfia - Day Five (In the jungle, the peaceful jungle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ExLight I see that your points are valid don't worry, I just didn't notice that you voted Max after his "what do you mean" post. That being said you are definetely a townread of mine. Max's reasoning of the "hasn't been said in thread" is a little weird or shady, even if it hasn't been said in thread, you should still have known what it was if you are townsided.

Vote: Max1996

This is just going of what was said above, and also a way of tying the votes as I really don't believe (as of right now) that ExLight isn't town, and i'd rather not have a mislynch.

For ExLight, they also caught onto the thing I mentioned, hence a townread. Sure it was a bit weird to ask just two people, and I questioned it at first but after explaining they are town reads, I think its valid to ask certain people. It was just definetely a bit weird at first to just ask without specifying why you were asking imo.

Whatever happens I don't want people jumping on the wagons without valid reasons either.

@MegaPod, @Max1996
Just saying, but leaving your vote on someone being strongly townread is no good

I feel like the best approach for this game is to decimate the number of players to increase the chances of lynching scum, so if you try to tie the votes I’ll guarantee my mislynch to take you down with me on the next phases.

Hi, everyone, and sorry I'm late. I'll try and catch up with everything right away.
Hey, guys and gals, since the game is somewhat timed, do you think we should try an aggressive and reckless playstyle or should we try to play ultra safe so we don’t make any mistakes? :unsure:
This would make sense for day 1, but the game being as random as it is pushes me into thinking an aggressive approach after day 1 would be best, as someone later pointed out.
It only hinders town to play recklessly. We need to play more carefully because it is timed. Since we don't want Jumanji to be reached while mafia is still alive.
I can see the rationale here, but this has its own drawbacks. In my experience, an aggressive town tends to be more successful than not. Add in the random nature of the game, and I think we may have to be a bit more aggressive, after the first round or so.
Interesting way to phrase it. Do you think there's a third party that can reach Jumanji?

I guess? I don't fully understand the game mechanics, but I feel like it could be over really soon if RNG decides to mess with us.
I wonder if Mafia only has to wait to win. If that's the case, two teams stalling for time will only hurt us, tho.
And this I agree with, to an extent, although it is unclear whether waiting would have any better consequences for the mafia than for town. I suppose, by virtue of there being fewer mafia, statistically RNG has less of a chance to screw with them, but it is something worth considering.
Well, if the dice are rolled during the Night phases that means it could be over by N2's start in the worst case scenario.
Stalling for time to analyze and get the mafiosos will only give them more chances to roll better results.
True, but in that worst case scenario, I feel like it doesn't much matter what we do.
Unvote: Contrainer

I know it seems slow but trying to get our heads round the mechanics with limited information with a short day 1 is pretty hard. Think we might be best not going too reckless day 1 though we might need to take a more aggressive approach if things aren't much clearer after this phase. Hoping more information regarding the mechanics will be revealed during the next update which will help give us some more direction.
I agree with this.
@Laurentus Hi there, welcome to Bulbagarden! :)

What is the typical playstyle for day one on your home forum?
It varies by game, really, lol. I tend to favour an active, somewhat aggressive approach, but others feel content just watching the round go by and giving the power roles a chance to do their thing in the night phase. We had a bit of bad luck early on, where we lynched the Seer for the first 4 consecutive games we ever played, on D1 of all things, and since then, we've probably tended more towards a careful day 1, more often than not.
Would kind of defeat the purpose. Though I'll say it's for pressure and to get a reaction. I mean saying that is a little against the purpose, but I won't say what I'm looking for or why I chose him.
I'm guessing it's because I was in the Mafia Universe champs? I'm also guessing that funnier may have mentioned a few things about me, like how straight forward I tend to be with my responses, and I'm guessing you're checking if this holds true here.
Doesn’t this sound like a reason?
:unsure:

I actually agree with lynching the inactive.
If they’re town they aren’t contributing and if they’re scum then they’re the hardest ones to find since they don’t leave any tracks behind.

This game does have a twist that made me hesitate a little, but after thinking about it I’m assuming this might be the best approach.

Unvote
Vote: Cyber Wolf
This is fair. People often have a severe bias against this type of approach, but it kinda screws everyone over when the inactives really are the Wolves, and that coupled with your point about the twist make this an even more valid point.
Unvote
Not gonna lie, my initial response to this was a heavily raised eyebrow due to there not being a reason.
I suppose I should clarify something, me and Contrainer have a gimmick in common in our Role PMs. And I believe all Town players also have it.

I’m strongly Townreading Calvin and Minish, that’s why I tagged them. The fact Calvin read it as a Townslip makes even more certain that we all share it.

The fact Max doesn’t know something that is apparently present on all Town’s role PM is making him look like the scummiest among us.

Not sure if Megpod also has the same issue or if he just missed it, but I’m FoSin’ him for the time being.
And this is quite sensible. I'm late to the party and I have to sleep (it's like 01:35 for me), so I'm going to throw my vote in here at this Max person.

Also, finally, I'm happy to meet you all and see you in action, and quite look forward to the game!

Vote: Max

Just gonna address some things real quick since it's getting close to eod and I did manage to be awake for it.

Lemme check something first.
@Calvin ッ, @Minish
What do you think of Contrainer's claim?

I'm glad you caught onto that because it just makes you (and Calvin for his answer to you) seem even more town. And Contrainer as well due to the claim. I guess the rng vote paid off better than I expected. Haha.

Unvote

I can see the rationale here, but this has its own drawbacks. In my experience, an aggressive town tends to be more successful than not. Add in the random nature of the game, and I think we may have to be a bit more aggressive, after the first round or so.

Oh, of course I expect to get more aggressive in later days when we have more info. The cautiousness was more for when we didn't have anything to go on.

I'm guessing it's because I was in the Mafia Universe champs? I'm also guessing that funnier may have mentioned a few things about me, like how straight forward I tend to be with my responses, and I'm guessing you're checking if this holds true here.

I'll go ahead and explain my vote now since it doesn't matter much anymore. It is because you and funnier played in the Champs game together. But not any info he gave on you, except for the fact he said you were his buddy in game before you were killed. And seeing as me and funnier think very similar, I just wanted to see if you replied in a way I thought felt good/something I would expect from funnier. I know that's a bit of a stretch and weird reasoning, but I haven't played with a lot of you so I figured it might give me something.

Night 1 Begins (Max1996 Lynched)
Vote Count:
Cyber Wolf (1): Contrainer
Max1996 (4): ExLight, Calvin ッ, Laurentus, Minish
MegaPod (1): Max1996
Not Voting: ShinyRockruff204, Cyber Wolf, CheffOfGames, WaterBlueMan, Officer Snake, Rainbow Cloud, MegaPod

After getting acclimated to returning to the game, the Spirits began hunting for the players. Slowly, they traveled through the house, searching for their targets.
Someone noticed an out-of-place movement out of the corner of their eye.
"There!" someone yelled.
As one, the spirits stampeded towards the surprised figure. It was over in an instant.
As they stared down at its dead body, it slowly crumbled into sand, spreading over the floor.
That wasn't right.
Max1996 was lynched!
They were the Quicksand, the Town Roleblocker!

NIGHT 1 BEGINS

Night 1 ends in just under 24 hours, at 9pm PST on Monday 12 August 2019

THE LIVING (12):
  1. @MegaPod
  2. @ShinyRockruff204
  3. @Minish
  4. @Cyber Wolf
  5. @CheffOfGames
  6. @ExLight
  7. @Contrainer
  8. @Calvin ッ
  9. @Rainbow Cloud
  10. @WaterBlueMan
  11. @Officer Snake
  12. @Laurentus
THE DEAD (1):
  • Max1996, the Quicksand, Town Roleblocker

Well, it's not all bad. We have quite a few players cleared.
I wonder how Max's Role PM was written ugh.

Yeah, it's not the worst but sucks we didn't get a lucky day 1 scum lynch. Haha.

I figure he was either confused by it, which is fair, or he actually was aware and trying to question Contrainer to make sure it was the same deal.

In fairness it makes sense he wouldn't have gathered what was going on, because he already had a role. It's fairly careless of us to brush over that possibility, but I do think Max could have said something, but again, of course, he wasn't to know. So no blame to him at all.

That being said my vote was purely only to tie the votes and I wasn't around to take it off. (Summerslam was on which I actually didn't plan on watching but friends changed my plans)

Inactivity will kill us before the mafia will, so hopefully the players come soon, alas Cyber Wolf hasn't been on in a week, so I feel like that might be a sub out.

In fairness it makes sense he wouldn't have gathered what was going on, because he already had a role. It's fairly careless of us to brush over that possibility, but I do think Max could have said something, but again, of course, he wasn't to know. So no blame to him at all.
I have the feeling that max' role pm was phrased the same way as all of town, but that he just didn't understand. The fact that there was a role revealed might just be that his role was affected by the roll of 5 at the start of the game or that the hosts have already rolled everyone's roll even though we don't know them yet and will reveal those when people die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom