• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Mafia Mafia II: Descent Into Madness-Day 6-The Storm(2/9/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mafia Mafia II: Descent Into Madness-Day 5-The Murder(31/8/13)

No real evidence either than "good authority", but would like to hear Buoy's/missingno's reason for wanting to lynch Mij. if no good/proper evidence at 8:30 est I'll just flip a coin. Whoever is towncop seems to be checking townies. normally we have had some proper info by now in the few games I've played.

Vote: TheMissingno.
I don't understand why you are being so needlessly vague. The mafia would already know what you are if you are indeed town. There is nothing a townie would gain by confusing his fellow townies so much for no discernible reason.

I'll vote Mijz when people feel like sharing ;D

Wait, were we even given a reason to vote for Mijz?

Voting closed, update pending

??? what's your reason for voting the missingno then? you didn't give one.

if themissigno turned out town, biggggg fos on nytie + fairygaga for redirecting the bw like that

1. @Hitomi;
2. @Buoy;
3. @FinalArcadia;
6. @FairyGaga;
7. @GliscorMan;
9. @Mijzelffan;
10. @Momoka;
11. @Neonsands;
12. @TheMissingno.;
14. @Nytie;
16. @Pein;
18. @Iberia;
19. @mlouden03;
20. @jokool;
21. @Zima;
22. @Froakie;

One person had a suspicion, and it all cascaded from there. and I am way too tired to write more.

you are the Elementalist.

elementalist.png

No, I'm not talking Oxygen and Boron and Uranium. Wizards haven't discovered that yet. If you want to sound cooler, you're the Avatar. Otherwise, you are wizard who commands the powers of the 4 traditional elements: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air.

Each one of your elemental types grants you different abilities, but you may only have one active for each set of night and day. For fire, you may burn away a single player's vote for that phase. For water, you may freeze a single player's ability for that phase. For air, you can avoid all votes directed at you. For earth, you negate all abilities directed at you. You must have used all four abilities before you are able to reuse any of them.

To use your ability, PM me with the message, “Night X- [element]”

You are Good Aligned. You win when all who are Evil Aligned are dead.

“Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, my grandmother taught me how awesome it was to command such forces.”

Mijzelffan was lynched. He was Town

It is now Night 5
Please send in all actions.

Re: Mafia Mafia II: Descent Into Madness-Night 5-The Cascade(1/9/13)

erk ok, i miscounted the vote numbers then, whoops.

i do have to question buoy. his role (that he told me) sort of conflicts with another. and i don't think there will be great harm lynching him - but it's not up to me particularly.

Rofl, trying to lynch another townie I see.

I know who's getting my vote next phase.

It's sad when stuff like this can be pulled off due to general inactivity. Ah well, you know what to do next!

Thanks for hosting Soulmaster.

I was gone almost the entire day for irl things, but when I came back this caught my eye.

1. They lynch.
The only significant reasoning from anyone was Mijzelffan explaining why he thought that he was being lynched, which I'll discuss later. The only one who gave any sort of reasoning (who was on the bandwagon) was Froakie, saying...
if you turn up town i suggest voting buoy tomorrow. won't be harmful.
Now this is non-commital at best, and reiterates something that I think most of us were planning to do. This flashes all sorts of warning lights for me. It seems that Froakie is trying to make it look like she was the one who thought of it first.

2. Mijz's "Good Authority"
I have on very good authority buoy is faking his post restriction and is most likely mafia. And convenient as it may sound themissingno. is mafia as well according to the same source. So yeah.
Just this quote itself implies so many things. Firstly, we have some power role who told Mijz something, presumably (because he knew this) that Mijz was Town and that these two people were Mafia. Secondly, it states, matter-o-fact, that Buoy is not only faking his post restriction, he is scum lying low. It also plainly states that Missingno is one of the Mafia.

I find it safe to assume that there is still a Doctor in this game. Should that Doctor still be alive tomorrow, I suggest that this anonymous Good Authority come forward with any information.

3. A note about FairyGaga/Nytie:
Either of them could have tied the lynch. Both together could have redirected it and had Buoy lynched. Instead, they split the votes onto Missingno, and thus directly lead to Mijz's death. Justification, please?

4. Buoy and Missingno have yet to defend themselves.

3. A note about FairyGaga/Nytie:
Either of them could have tied the lynch. Both together could have redirected it and had Buoy lynched. Instead, they split the votes onto Missingno, and thus directly lead to Mijz's death. Justification, please?
If I'm reading the votes right, and I am, then there were already three votes on Mijz and only one on Buoy. It would have taken both of us (via empathic link!) to even tie it and anyway I didn't find Buoy scummy then.

What's your justification for not voting?

Can we agree that we're lynching Missingno. and Buoy next?

Last edited:

If I'm reading the votes right, and I am, then there were already three votes on Mijz and only one on Buoy. It would have taken both of us (via empathic link!) to even tie it and anyway I didn't find Buoy scummy then.

That's my bad, I had misread the votes as 3 for Mijz and 2 for Buoy. Disregard the observation I made.

What's your justification for not voting?

I was gone almost the entire day for irl things, but when I came back this caught my eye.

By the time I got home, this entire thing had already happened.

I'd say lynch Buoy over Missningno first, because Buoy's case is a lot more pressing; Missingno just seems like he's trolling, while Buoy is playing this legitimately.

@Soulmaster; i need to drop out for personal reasons i really cannot focus on anything at all right now

i'm very sorry

GliscorMan said:

Buoy said:
Vote: Mijzelffan.

GliscorMan said:

jokool said:

Mijzelffan said:

Buoy said:
Mijzelffan

Gliscorman said:

Soulmaster said:

Froakie said:

Soulmaster said:

Buoy said:

Mijzelffan said:

Soulmaster said:

Mijzelffan said:
very good authority

FairyGaga said:

TheMissingno. said:

GliscorMan said:

FairyGaga said:

mlouden03 said:

GliscorMan said:

GliscorMan said:

Soulmaster said:

Nytie said:
helpful than

Mijzelffan said:

Okay, looking over a few things, I think it's best if we ignore Missingno and focus on other targets tomorrow. If he really is Q from Star Trek Mafia, then he's completely deathproof (if I remember correctly), so trying to lynch him would just waste another day.

Buoy's reason for lynching Mijz seems a bit odd. Just because you my think someone is only talking to you and/or someone else doesn't mean that's completely true. Also (but probably not as relevant), his claim that he's 'more helpful than most' sounds like something someone scummy would say to try and save themselves. It could be that Buoy honestly thought Mijz was scum though, so maybe we should focus on one other person right now: Froakie.

GliscorMan brings up a very good point about her suggesting we go for Buoy tomorrow. I think we should try to find more leads on Froakie and see if we can find some other signs that she may be mafia.

It could be that Buoy honestly thought Mijz was scum though, so maybe we should focus on one other person right now: Froakie.

Why because I voted for Mijz will I now need to be 'focused' on. Not every single vote needs to be analyzed, I voted for him because of his claim and because Buoy was hounding me last night saying 'if i don't wake up tomorrow and you haven't voted mijz...' etc. etc. I had a reason for it, along with keeping Buoy's trust because he has been questioning me despite me not doing anything suspicious (well yeah I've been quite inactive but I don't think that calls for actually being suspicious) so I wanted to prove that my suspicions on Mijz weren't just empty talk.

Okay, looking over a few things, I think it's best if we ignore Missingno and focus on other targets tomorrow. If he really is Q from Star Trek Mafia, then he's completely deathproof (if I remember correctly), so trying to lynch him would just waste another day.

Buoy's reason for lynching Mijz seems a bit odd. Just because you my think someone is only talking to you and/or someone else doesn't mean that's completely true. Also (but probably not as relevant), his claim that he's 'more helpful than most' sounds like something someone scummy would say to try and save themselves. It could be that Buoy honestly thought Mijz was scum though, so maybe we should focus on one other person right now: Froakie.

GliscorMan brings up a very good point about her suggesting we go for Buoy tomorrow. I think we should try to find more leads on Froakie and see if we can find some other signs that she may be mafia.
Missingno.'s role could be anything so speculation isn't helpful; my own role is a bit unorthodox.
"Could", "might", "maybe". We could dwell in doubt forever but that's useless. Missingno. and Buoy are our biggest suspects and we have less reason to trust them than Froakie.

I do find it interesting that you suddenly decided to ignore them in favor of Froakie.

Well, I could be wrong. I've been wrong many times before. I just thought GliscorMan brought up a good point (which, by the way, nobody is focusing on at the moment...).

Buoy and Missingno could be lying about their roles. GliscorMan could be trying to throw us off by pointing out Froakie. Yada yada yada... Basically, we don't really know anything right now, so I was just suggesting looking into other things for now. Not like we can vote anyone at the moment anyway. :\

Well, I could be wrong. I've been wrong many times before. I just thought GliscorMan brought up a good point (which, by the way, nobody is focusing on at the moment...).

Buoy and Missingno could be lying about their roles. GliscorMan could be trying to throw us off by pointing out Froakie. Yada yada yada... Basically, we don't really know anything right now, so I was just suggesting looking into other things for now. Not like we can vote anyone at the moment anyway. :\
I agree that Froakie's post could be seen as odd. I just don't think it's really that suspicious. Lots of townies say things like that, sometimes in an attempt to get a reaction and sometimes just for the sake of it.

We don't know anything, yeah, but we can infer. We can't vote no but we can discuss. Mafia don't like an active game.
Oh, and what kind of role is death immune? I assume the role in question was town aligned?

And we can bother the mafia, like so!:
Hey scum, you definitely don't? want to see what I am. Trust me ;D

Last edited:

Like I said, I could be remembering the role incorrectly, but I think the role was an independent one that couldn't be killed/lynched. The player won by causing the most chaos (or something like that).

In that game, I got told that I was lovers with Human, when in fact, I wasn't.... Really screwed up the game.

Hmmm.... Now I have a thought: Has anyone received an odd PM, or has anything really odd happened in the game? For example: If I remember correctly, during one day/night phase in the Star Trek Mafia, the death was....a bunch of fish (or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom