• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(Mod Note: Read First Post! Updated 6/1/13) Game Freak "expanding Pokémon world"

What do you want and what do you expect?

• I expect and want Gen. VI

Votes: 61 49.2%
  • I expect and want R/S remalkes

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • I expect Gen. VI, but I'd like R/S remakes

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • I expect R/S remakes, but I want Gen. VI

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • I expect some spinoff game for Wii U or something like that

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I don't expect it will be anything important at all

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game Freak promise to expand the Pokémon world next year

It'll be Crimson and Teal. Calling it now.

;)

That's pretty much just an alternative name for Red and Blue, heh.

Absolutely no way Game Freak can troll now, unless they want the entire world fanbase on their heels. XD

The version mascots could very well be revealed as well, which I am very curious on seeing. As for the name, I'm sticking with my Bronze & Iron versions.

Worldwide announcement? Definitly new main games. Brace yourself, 6G is coming.

Actually I'd love if any of the following were the Gen VI Names; Jade, Amber, Crimson, Teal, Cobalt, Topaz, Amethyst, Copper, Violet, Scarlet. So many possibilities, yet why do I have the feeling it will be none of them?

Yeah, 2012 wasn't the best year of Pokémon for me. I was not interested in Conquest or B2/W2. I was literially on a video game hiatus this whole time. So I'm really excited for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity in March and I hope whether it's a R/S/E remake or a whole new generation, I can get back into the flow.

I'm totally stumped about possible version names if I'm perfectly honest. Before Black and White were revealed, I was pretty deadset on Garnet and Amethyst (Garnet's my birthstone okay?!) but now?

I kind of hope they have been trademarking names in super secret or something cause I find none of those pre-trademarked colors any attractive, haha.

I have a feeling it will be new Pokemon, but then again.. they don't have to follow any kind of "tradition" so there is no way to know. Hell, all I know is that this is going to be good.

Those colors, other than Black and White, were...

Gray
Brown
Orange
Purple
Crimson
Scarlet

Right? Hmm.. Red and purple Genesects in the next movie... Crimson and Purple versions... Nah, that's too tight even for my tinfoil hat.
I doubt that would happen...but boy would it be cool if it did! Out of the colours mentioned, I'd like Crimson and Purple the most.

Well if I wasn't excited before, I certainly am now....

This really is my favorite part of the whole process of a New Generation. Everything seems so mysterious and unknown right before its announced, the Pre- B/W period was what got me through Summer 2010 tbh. Its so much fun discovering new Pokemon and waiting up all night to see if Corocoro leaked, speculating on what the game will contain.... Can't wait for it to begin!
I agree 100%. I really love the period running up to a new generation. Waiting anxiously every month for CoroCoro, theorising about what little information slowly trickles out. Love it.

*Ding* Attention all passengers, the hype train will be arriving in the station momentarily.
My hype train left the station long ago and is zipping around like a Bullet Train on a sugar rush.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Worldwide announcement means this things legit important, and not GF important. I'm sure now this is gonna include some form of a new Pokemon to go along with the announcement.
They could reveal one or both of the version mascots as a nice homage to Ho-Oh being the first Generation II Pokémon to be revealed. That, and the simultaneous announcements that we've had so far have involved version mascots (Zekrom, Reshiram and the Kyurem Formes).

I don't see them revealing the Movie 16 star as the movie isn't going to be relevant to the rest of the world for some time.
While I'm 120% convinced that the announcement will be Generation VI related, it will be interesting to see what this reveal will be. Will it simply be something like "Pokémon [X] Version and Pokémon [Y] Version due out on the Nintendo 3DS in 2013!", a silhouette of a new Pokémon (be it movie 16 related or not) or another Pokémon? Or the full Pokémon?

Either way, I'm excited.

Worldwide announcement? Definitly new main games. Brace yourself, 6G is coming.

Pokemon 6G - the new mobile communications standard! Successor of 4G, skipping 5G entirely.

/runs

I'm calling Dark Matter and Dark Energy Versions.

Well they've done Colors, Gems and Metals.... the only other logical step is Nature? Don't see many options in that though...

While I'm 120% convinced that the announcement will be Generation VI related, it will be interesting to see what this reveal will be. Will it simply be something like "Pokémon [X] Version and Pokémon [Y] Version due out on the Nintendo 3DS in 2013!", a silhouette of a new Pokémon (be it movie 16 related or not) or another Pokémon? Or the full Pokémon?

Either way, I'm excited.

This is what has got me so excited, it's not even so much the suspense of waiting for the announcement itself but rather the content. I mean honestly it could be the most minute information but with the international fan base waiting on their word anything they say will cause even more hype. Mere confirmation that Generation 6 is on its way would make a lot of us pee our pants out of excitement and anticipation.

Talk about stepping up the promoting. I just hope, though, that an international announcement is followed by an international release date. That would make me so excited.

$hit just got real. Can't help it but God! I'm excited as fuck...
3 days to go...

Either way, I'm excited.

This is what has got me so excited, it's not even so much the suspense of waiting for the announcement itself but rather the content. I mean honestly it could be the most minute information but with the international fan base waiting on their word anything they say will cause even more hype. Mere confirmation that Generation 6 is on its way would make a lot of us pee our pants out of excitement and anticipation.

Talk about stepping up the promoting. I just hope, though, that an international announcement is followed by an international release date. That would make me so excited.
I imagine there will be blanket statements, like that they'll be out in Autumn/Winter. No solid date yet.

It seems like only a few months ago I was anticipating Gen V, can't believe its been 3 years....

Holy dag, global announcement? This is going to be big. I'm still not certain what kinds of main games they'll be, but it's certainly main games.

With the announcement being global, there really needs to be a proper countdown. January 8th is hardly a universal identifier.

Can't wait for the meltdowns when we eventually get the silhouettes for the Starters. The Gen V ones were fucking amazing, as well as the meltdowns the day corocoro leaked.

"It's CELEBI! WTF but its head is backwards!?"

"Its a Pig/Rabbit calling it now."

"They look like Digimon......"

"Is that an Otter that got raped by a Snowclown?"

Unless they want to change that up, the starters are never the first to be revealed. It'll be the signature legends, if it isn't just the titles. I have a feeling it'll just be titles.

OMG this is for sure something big and I can't wait. Bring on the G6.

Unless they want to change that up, the starters are never the first to be revealed. It'll be the signature legends, if it isn't just the titles. I have a feeling it'll just be titles.
Oh I know, we won't get the Starters until at least April/May, I was just saying that I couldn't wait for the meltdowns. Though I'm sure there'll be plenty of meltdowns when we get our first 6'er.

"Is that an Otter that got raped by a Snowclown?" [/I]

LOL That has to be one of the funniest things I've seen since being with this fandom. I wasn't around for the pre-Unova hype, so I can only imagine how hectic it was.

I hope that, in the same sense that Gen 5 was like a throwback to Gen 1, or a "spiritual counterpart" Gen 6 ends up being a throwback and spiritual counterpart to Gen 2. That does not mean I want Unova to be a part of it (like Kanto) that was already dealt with in BW2, but just certain themes and likeness that reminds one of the Johto era Pokemon and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom