• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Damn, is Meltan a failed Regigigas clone or something (Basing this of Metalman Which would be a better name for it).
It evolves from a Pokemon that doesn't resemble Regigigas at all, it's tied to a Kanto game with no appearances of Regigigas, there's no mention of it being manmade at all, let alone being modeled after a specific Pokemon, and it only resembles Regigigas in body shape, so...no.

So we finally got to see Melmetal. It reminds me a lot those Japanese giant mechas, kinda like Complete Zygarde.
Yeah I can see the whole mecha vibe it has going on. I like the evolution's design. It actually looks complete unlike Meltan's fairly awkward body. Not the biggest fan of the name though - "Melmetal" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue well in my opinion.

It has become clear that Meltan will only evolve into Melmetal in Pokémon GO. To evolve it, you will need 400 Meltan Candies.
So how will Meltan evolve in Gen VIII?

I love the absolute head banging nod to Gen VIII at the end of Two Professors.
Me too, I really enjoyed that series. I hope the Two Professor series continues beyond the Meltan stuff and even after Let's Go! stops being relevant. It'd make a great side venture for TPC for both marketing purposes and general entertainment value!

So how will Meltan evolve in Gen VIII?

Game Freak will have to do one of the following:
  1. Keep GO transfers alive for future generations to come.
  2. Make Meltan Candy an obtainable item in future generations, but only require one of them to be used on it.
  3. Give Meltan the ability to absorb several metal-related items that already exist for the evolution.
  4. The dreaded "fusion evolution" option where you merge several Meltan into one Melmetal.

Last edited:
It looks much better than the leaked serpentine form from a few weeks ago. Its tough body suits it and the black nuts make it look even more mechanic and rough. However, it's not that good, and like others I wonder if it's worth the hassle. (Stats-wise, something tells me it will...)

They’ll probably change it, like with Feebas.

They'll have to change Cosmoem and Rockruff already...

Last edited:
It's a mythical, so it isn't supposed to be obtained via normal gameplay. It might very well get a movie distribution, although it wouldn't do the movie any favors. I am not convinced that there isn't yet another mythical, which would promote LGPE's compatibility with the next generation.

It may appear in the anime since they've completed pretty much all of the SUMO/USUM material and have introduced the new eevee (hair style) for Ash

Wow Melmetal is actually not hideous for a giant beast morph of Meltan. Nice. :) The 400 candies to get it is pretty damn ridiculous tho :confused:
You'll need to catch 101 meltan to get melmetal. Trade the 100 meltan for a candy and that will give you 403 candies and you must do it in 30 mins but if you are like me that is making a live pokedex that will make it 102 not to mention if you are shiny hunting the horror of it!

Also we do know that every pokemon game has a cloning problem with every transfer mechanism what if there is a clonong glitch in transfering pokemon from go to let's go and vice versa.

You'll need to catch 101 meltan to get melmetal. Trade the 100 meltan for a candy and that will give you 403 candies and you must do it in 30 mins but if you are like me that is making a live pokedex that will make it 102 not to mention if you are shiny hunting the horror of it!

You can use Pinap berries to double the amount of candies obtained per catch.

I just remembered something. We've already seen Meltan's shiny. And my bet is Melmetal's isn't much better.

I think maintaining Meltan's evolution method in future games is an important thing to do because that's literally how this species of Pokemon evolves. And I think Feebas is currently the only Pokemon that had its evolution retconned. But in ORAS, it can still be evolved by raising beauty.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a leak that mentioned a new evolution method and that the LG Pokemon would be the one that utilized this method?

I think maintaining Meltan's evolution method in future games is an important thing to do because that's literally how this species of Pokemon evolves.
Unless Gen 8 or any other future non-Let's go entries(if they make more of them, that is) will be compatible with Go, I don't see them keeping the same evolution method for Meltan.

Unless Gen 8 or any other future non-Let's go entries(if they make more of them, that is) will be compatible with Go, I don't see them keeping the same evolution method for Meltan.
I'm gonna be stubborn and say they will. If The Switch can connect to Bluetooth and Go Park is a thing in LG, I fail to see why the method couldn't be implemented in future games.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom