• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, about the whole Violet & Rose, Space & Void, + (Plus) & - (Minus), and Rainbow & Monochrome, all of these are all made by this YouTuber named Burlingtone and many people are complaining that these videos are not only fake and clickbait, but Burlingtone DIDN'T put down "fake", "not real", and "joke". Because of these, many people are reporting to YouTube about Burlingtone's "videos".
Plus and minus comes from geno, a leaker who leaked X & Y a month before reveal

Worth mentioning too, though-Geno also "leaked" a 3DS game called "Kirby's Popup Panic", a Pokemon Battrio game for the WiiU, Sleeping Dogs for Wii U, Resident Evil Operation Terrestrial Fear for Wii U ( x ), Call of Duty: Bloodlines in 2016 ( x ), Kingdom Hearts on the Wii U ( x ), and said that "[The NX] can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device." ( x ). Different source, but not really any more reliable.

A lot of rumors in the past months:

- The Chinese leaker saying the games will be a reboot and not gen 8.
- The death of the flying eeveelution possibility and Paul Ryan stating that the marchandise for the summer does not include any new mystery at the moment but just Kanto and Johto stuff.
- The new movie not featuring any new pokemon apart from Zeraora while all the other port movies had at least one new pokemon from the next generation.
- All the pokemon Webmasters openly taking distance from the possibility that the games will be gen 8 for sure.

I mean, nothing is confirmed yet but I think it's better to start accepting that the possibility of a reebot with no new pokemon may be real.
- I think the leaker was hinting at a change of mechanics
-The Kanto and Johto merch is for the summer, not fall
-We may still get a new eeveelution
-There were no new pokemon in the genesect movie, only mega mewtwo Y
-They don't know anything, they are just speculating and consitering gamefreak can do anything

I'd agree if you could only trade face to face, but you don't. What's social about trading pokemon with some random guy across the world without saying a word to them?

People who trade via message boards aren't the only ones who trade. People who aren't online regulars like us still trade face to face, especially schoolmates.

And I'm telling you that doesn't apply to everybody. Kids still trade face-to-face with these games, and anybody who refuses to accept that Pokemon's main target audience (kids) count as "fans" as much as we do are delusional.
I think a single version can still work if some of the exclusives are choice based. And overall, to collect them all trade becomes necessary nevertheless. However, GF will most likely not do that for their first main game.
Speaking of version exclusives though, Gen V also had the difficulty setting being exclusive to versions which I really hope they don't implement again. They should just do it the way other games do.

Did my last comment get removed? I don't see it anymore.

So we have:

Plus & Minus
1 & 0
You & Me
InfraRed & UltraViolet
Space & Void
Past & Future
SpeedSound & SpeedLight
GigaUltraSun & GigaUltraMoon

Anyway, I was thinking...We know that two new games are on the way cause they were announced 10 months ago. Now, imagine if we didn't know anything about Zeraora. Wouldn't you have assumed that the new announcement was for the first 8th gen pokemon? Somehow, I'm happy I know about it cause it would have been a huge disappointment to discover it's still gen 7.
I think this the first time that a brand new pokemon is announced after the announcement of two new games but belonging to the past generation cause even if gen 4 was announced in late 2004, all the pokemon announced after that till 2006 were gen 4...
I was thinking Heaven and Earth, but they might avoid heaven and use Sky instead. So Earth and Sky. The first 4 options seem the most likely, Space and Void I can see, but since Diamond and Pearl cover time and space, they might save that for like how ORAS is named (Think Eternal Diamond, Void Pearl). Past and Future I could see, the other two I can't see at all but I like the theme of sound and light.

- I think the leaker was hinting at a change of mechanics
Would that really warrant calling the games a reboot rather than a new generation? Not to mention that the Riddler not only didn't call the Lapras picture fake, but was less than pleased that Pokejungle had it. I should note that the picture has since been removed, without being declared fake.

-The Kanto and Johto merch is for the summer, not fall
It's for July-September at the very least: "After summer a lot of Kanto/Johto themed merchandise has gone public."

The first SM plushies were released on October 1st.

-We may still get a new eeveelution
Almost definitely not for the movie unless they strangely decided it wasn't worth any merchandise. And why wouldn't it appear in the movie if it existed?

-There were no new pokemon in the genesect movie, only mega mewtwo Y
Sylveon counts even if it appeared in the short. The current movie not having a short doesn't make an Eeveelution less appropriate.

People who trade via message boards aren't the only ones who trade. People who aren't online regulars like us still trade face to face, especially schoolmates.
Even trading via message boards requires a degree of socialization, so even if it's not face-to-face, they're still achieving their goal in having people "connect" in some way- it just happens to be that with the internet, those connections extend well past your local area.

In B2W2, there was an easy mode and a hard mode but they were version exclusives unless traded.
They're not version exclusive. You have access to all the modes when you finished the main game.

They're not version exclusive. You have access to all the modes when you finished the main game.

No, they were indeed version exclusive - beating the game in Black 2 gave you access to Challenge Mode, while beating the game in White 2 gave you access to Easy Mode (top kek). You had to exchange Keys with somebody who had the opposite version in order to unlock their version’s mode in your game.

This was certainly an unspeakably asinine design choice and it is hard to believe that anybody would actually come up with it, but it’s definitely how it worked.

Last edited:
Probably because it was a little snarky and a tad bit offensive for no real reason.

I believe we can debate and discuss the topics in this thread in a way that celebrates reasoning over condescension.

I understand.

Well, I still think the games are going to be called Gale and Torrent because of that one rumor.

I hope my dear cousin Taro gets to see the wonder of Pokemon, soon. He is only three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom