• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

please help me with this wacked team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosblazer

Reaction score
Metagross@Occa Berry
Ability:Clear Body
Ev's:252 Hp, 232 Atk, 20 Def
Nature:Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Bullet Punch
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Standard lead gross to an extent, Bullet Punch is there to keep other common leads such as Azelf and Aerodactyl in check, Thunderpunch is for dealing with flying and water pokemon that might enter (very nice for crippling Gyarados and Suicune.) Earthquake is there to take out Electric types, and counterstrike fire types that come in, trigger the occa berry and pay for it, and Stealth Rock is there of course for obvious reasons.

the Bulky Water
Swampert@leftovers
Ability:Torrent
Evs: 240 hp, 216 Def, 52 SpA
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Hydro Pump
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Yawn

I've decided to let Starmie take a break for a while and bust out this pokemon, pretty standard as far as swamperts go with it's stats and moves, however Yawn is a nice new addition as unless opposing Gyarados who switch in on the move have a Lum berry equipped, they will have to switch back out lest they get pounded when going to sleep, overall it's proven to be quite useful and it's typing helps balance out the team well.

The Mixed Fighter
Infernape@Life Orb
Ability:Blaze
Ev's:252 SpA, 192 Spe, 64 Atk
Close Combat
Grass knot
Hidden power [Ice]
Fire Blast

My mixape, enough attack investment to make Close combat threatening, and the other moves are for type coverage, life orb's recoil is worth doing more damage, especially against a certain bell when using Fire Blast.

the lightning of destruction
Jolteon@choice Specs
Ability:Volt Absorb
Evs:252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 hp
Nature:Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Grass]

better at special sweeping than starmie, heck once all pokemon on the opposing team that can resist this thing are gone, it goes to town big time, thunderbolt hits extremely hard thanks to the choice spec's boost, HP Grass is there for ground pokemon and Shadow Ball of course is for neutral hitting anything outside of a normal type, and Baton Pass is for scouting.

Rapaging Dragon
Salamance@Choice Scarf
Ability:Inimidate
Evs:112 Atk, 216 SpA, 180 Spe
Nature: Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

This Salamance's spread has proven to be very destructive to the unsuspecting, Draco Meteor and Outrage tear most anything apart, Fire Blast deals with Steel types, as well as Grass and Earthquake helps take care of Rock pokemon as well.

and finally the oddball frog.
Toxicroak@expert Belt
Abilityry Skin
Evs:252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 hp
Nature:Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Sucker Punch

Probably not the best sixth man for this team, Ice Punch and Thunderpunch respectively take down any flying, grass or dragon pokemon that may enter, and thanks to dry skin water moves are useless on him, and since most Gyarados don't pack earthquake it does manage to scare them off, and on occasion can beat down a Latias who hits it with Surf, gets hit with Ice punch and then taken down via Sucker Punch, however despite being able to kill those pokemon other pokemon like Venusaur tend to give the poor guy trouble as no matter what he can not OHKO them with Ice Punch, and ends up getting put to sleep by thier sleep powder, now i know what your thinking, why doesn't he have a poison move? Well the answer is simple, poison only covers one element, Grass and since Ice covers the same as well as covering more element's it was obvious to ditch Poison Jab for Ice Punch.

I definitely need some help ironing out this team especially with Toxicroak as i can't seem to use it right, all critisism is excepted.

What's the point of Baton Pass on a Choice Specs sweeper?

Also Toxicroak is a good Pokemon, but just doesn't fit on this team.

true i have had my eyes on those two for a while now, but i need good sets with them to use them, I don't want to smogonify everyone of my pokemon.

I see. As much as I do hate some of the Smogon sets, most actually work :/ Now I could try an help you with movesets but you'll have to figure out the EVs because I'm never good at setting my own EVs ;-;

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability:poison Heal
Evs: 44 hp, 252 Atk, 212 spe
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch
Spore
Facade/Stone Edge

after much diliberation i came up with this, workable?

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Ability:poison Heal
Evs: 44 hp, 252 Atk, 212 spe
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch
Spore
Facade/Stone Edge

after much diliberation i came up with this, workable?

Yeah good set. Also Stone Edge>Facade.

I personally prefer smogon's "spore puncher" set however this one does work, i'm not a fan of mach punch's sub par power. but it all comes down to play style and preference really. I also prefer facade to stone edge. stone edge's accuracy can be infuriating. but hell I'm not exactly a veteran of true competitive battling.

What i'm going to do is try out this one, and a Hitmontop as well, because i really need a priority fighter on my team after how some of my recent matches have been.

insomniac knows more than I do for the record lol.
<_< Hey I'm just about average if even that.

What i'm going to do is try out this one, and a Hitmontop as well, because i really need a priority fighter on my team after how some of my recent matches have been.

Spore+SubPunch is the most OU set and it's by far the most annoying out of all. Although it does work very well.
As for Hitmontop, he also works well, but what I hate about him is his crappy speed. Otherwise he's a very good Poke because of Technician. But I would recommend Breloom because he can do things better, offensively,then Hitmontop. But it's good you're testing them out because sometimes even if one Poke can do "better" you might actually do better with the other Poke...if any of that makes sense ._.

.ιиsσмиιαc said:
Spore+SubPunch is the most OU set and it's by far the most annoying out of all. Although it does work very well.

until dragon's or ghost's hit the feild then you can't do hardly anything.

well...i've tried both of them the way i built them, but neither one preformed like I would've hoped, true each one took down a pokemon but Breloom beat something that was practically dead as it was, and Hitmontop barely tied with a Kingdra.

I give up..finding a sixth pokemon for this team is impossible.

until dragon's or ghost's hit the feild then you can't do hardly anything.

well...i've tried both of them the way i built them, but neither one preformed like I would've hoped, true each one took down a pokemon but Breloom beat something that was practically dead as it was, and Hitmontop barely tied with a Kingdra.

I give up..finding a sixth pokemon for this team is impossible.

Ghosts usually have weak defenses iirc, so Seed Bomb is STAB and should have done damage. But if you want a 6th Poke, I mean tell me what kind of Pokemon you need...like what would it's purpose be on your team: Tank, Sweeper, Wall, Support?

i need a physical attacker who is both strong and endurant (basically won't be downed in a single strike.) and upkeeps the balance of my team.

i need a physical attacker who is both strong and endurant (basically won't be downed in a single strike.) and upkeeps the balance of my team.

Just to let you know, most sweepers aren't gonna be bulky. If they are bulky they need moves to set up, but here I have a few Physical sweepers for you.

Gyarados: if you make him a bulky Dragon Dancer, he is a very good Physical sweeper.

Heracross: he isn't bulky because he was designed for sweeping so he is a good physical sweeper.

Jirachi: Can take hits pretty well if they aren't Fire or Ground and he has his own physical set.

Scizor: probably the most OU Pokemon in this metagame and Choice Band or Swords Dance can set up for major sweeps.

Tyarnitar: another good guy to pull of Physical sweeps, might need setting up with Dragon Dances if you dislike choice items but he does draw the Sandstorm out, but on the plus side it raises his Sp Def.

Try them out if you can :/

Tyranitar...i've never used one before but i know they are powerful, and destructive :)

yes Dragon Dancing Tyranitar is the best choice.

Last edited:
Tyranitar...i've never used one before but i know they are powerful, and destructive :)

yes Dragon Dancing Tyranitar is the best choice.

Tyranitar is a bamf. I have a tyranitar that I've been using with some success with Crunch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Ice Punch. there are better sets out there i think but this is one I like. It depends on your play style really though.

well i chose to run Smogon's Dragon dance set with Stone Edge, Aqua Tail, and Crunch and so far it's proven to be very effective for me.

Take Breloom for sake of spore living and give it max Speed and Defense Natures as well as a defensive item so it can live as you already have strong moves. Give Salamence Brick Break instead of Fire Blast unless you have a reason not to (I don't see why peoples don't use it-all dragons have better attack stat, and it covers Rock as well as Ice.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom