• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Looking at the way Ash's Team outside of Lucario is being handled, I don't want to see another Ash capture at least until his G. Farfetch'd becomes a Sirfetch'd.

Upcoming G. Farfetch'd Rant Ahead

And speaking of G. Farfetch'd, I still really want to know what the heck the writers have in store for this thing?

What's taking them so long to evolve it? It's not it's Evolution requires an extensive amount of training like Riolu.

The DD Arc would've been a perfect time for it. But instead it's the ONLY member of Ash's Team that's nowhere to be seen the entire Arc (unless it shows up in Friday's Episode)

Which brings me to constantly ask, why did Ash capture it in the first place?

And before you ask, No. This isn't me being angry about Ash catching G. Farfetch'd since I really like Sirfetch'd and want to see it sooner or later.

But the lack of attention it's receiving makes me sad :(

Sorry for the rant, I got a little carried away there

I guess my mother from UK is going to try to contact OLM Studios in Japan to explain about the new opening titles, 6th of September and my episodes ideas using international contact from GMail or Iphone.

Really? Not trying to be rude but you should stop that for your own good.

Back on topic.

I called it in the episode 10 review. Dragonite is not going to have any development outside possible battles. This people forgot how to draw development episodes. All Pokémon from the Alola cast had a bit of development. What did Gengar and Dragonite did outside battling and eating and huging.

And when you thought that after the Galar arc they have his time to shine. Now Lucario and Cinderace are going to have two episodes about them.

Ash catching Grookey will just create more problem for his Farfetch'd. It's probably for the best that it goes to either Go or Chloe

Two years back I called the Alola distribution of attention between Pokémon bad. Pokémon Journeys surpassed that. They’re on full unabashed Popular Pokémon worship mode
Heck, I'd argue that Alola was actually one of the better handled teams in terms of spotlight and screentime because by the end of the saga literally every member had gotten a moment to shine. It's just that the series tended to divide the spotlight into "parts", with Rowlet getting the lion's share of the focus at the beginning, then Lycanroc and Litten in the middle, and Pikachu being consistent throughout. Then come the League and everyone gets a moment. I'd say Melmetal and Naganadel are the ones that got the short end of the stick in this regard, but even then they at least got to go out in a blaze of glory (not to mention that the former was a late capture and the latter got to play a major role during the UB arc before returning).

As for the Journeys team, there's still plenty of time for things to turn around for the better, but if nothing changes and Pikachu and Riolu/Lucario end up hogging all the attention throughout, it does beg the question: why even bother letting Ash capture new Pokemon at all if they're just going to be neglected? Why not just let Ash rotate between the many reserves (most of which have already received their development, so them not being front and center would be more justifiable) he has with Oak and Kukui and have Pikachu and Riolu/Lucario as the only truly permanent members of the team? And the less said about how poorly Farfetch'd has been treated, the better.

Ash catching Grookey will just create more problem for his Farfetch'd. It's probably for the best that it goes to either Go or Chloe
It's not like Sobble is being well developed, the best it's done is throw a Water Gun here and there, or cried/promptly vanished. And Koharu isn't a mainline character with frequent appearances (yet).

The best option is that no one should get Grookey, hell, it shouldn't even be introduced yet. Not until they sort out the poor focus balance between the characters and their Pokemon and finish any potential development of the currently present characters (or ones that'll be joining soon). If this is accomplished properly, then it should give a clearer picture as to whom Grookey can go to.

Last edited:
And thus, many fanfiction writers cried in happiness, as Ash, at last, came to officially own a Lucario.

Oddly enough I have yet to really see Riolu in other fanfics bar Journeys ones. Seriously it is not hard to have that egg be in Vermillion earlier. Time is hardly a problem as time moves....sideways in the anime.

Honestly they've handled Ash's story and team in general pretty poorly while Goh remains the writers pet. Lucario has gotten a good amount of focus while G-Farfetch'd is nonexistent. I feel like it hasn't appeared since Ash's first battle with Bea. And Ash not having a single starter from a new region just feels wrong honestly.

Back
Top Bottom