• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

The delay is pretty strange. Releasing the series on Pokemon Day made sense from a marketing perspective and they clearly have episodes dubbed already, so I assume that this is some issue on Netflix's end. It's not that much of a longer wait, but it is pretty strange to change it at this point.

This wasn't a good week for anipoke in streaming, was it?:cry::cry::cry:

At least ot confirms that 1) The release dates are as much of a decision of Netflix as of TPCI and 2) Both parties indeed want as much dubs to be released on the same day as possible.

The delay is pretty strange. Releasing the series on Pokemon Day made sense from a marketing perspective and they clearly have episodes dubbed already, so I assume that this is some issue on Netflix's end. It's not that much of a longer wait, but it is pretty strange to change it at this point.
This delay is most likely due to the fact that Netflix services multiple languages. It wasn't just English delayed with Netflix, but also Latin Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Dutch, which will be included with the release on March 7.

Past Netflix releases included those languages as well as Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Russian, and Ukrainian, and Netflix has been taking on more exclusive dub languages, so I presume they may want to have every language ready for a release at the same time, since it is a new series (per TPCi press this is "Season 1"). If you saw the release for Pokemon Concierge, you'd see the full scope of handling they'd have to deal with (and probably why Concierge took so long in the first place).

This delay is most likely due to the fact that Netflix services multiple languages. It wasn't just English delayed with Netflix, but also Latin Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Dutch, which will be included with the release on March 7.

Past Netflix releases included those languages as well as Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Russian, and Ukrainian, and Netflix has been taking on more exclusive dub languages, so I presume they may want to have every language ready for a release at the same time, since it is a new series (per TPCi press this is "Season 1"). If you saw the release for Pokemon Concierge, you'd see the full scope of handling they'd have to deal with (and probably why Concierge took so long in the first place).
I've been thinking this also. That Netflix wants as many dubs ready before they release any of their work. That includes anime and live-action dubs. So, that could be the reason why we're undergoing the delay til March, so that as much if not every country gets this on day 1.

I saw someone mention how Netflix's live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender is out February 22, so I suspect Netflix may have wanted to spread out their release schedule a bit instead of dropping Horizons the day after. Netflix never put out a press release with the February 23 date for Horizons, so I wonder if there might've also been some sort of miscommunication between TPCi and Netflix.

I don't think anyone has mentioned yet that BBC added their second batch of episodes on January 15 (suggesting they'll be adding more on the 15th of every month).

Netflix really is the worst. TPCI never should have partnered with them honestly. The dub hasn't been this far behind since probably Hoenn.
Pokemon anime episode release schedules in the US are definitely at an all-time low with the Netflix "batch" release strategy. It means Canada, the UK and even Australia will receive the new episodes long before their US counterparts do.

Pokemon anime episode release schedules in the US are definitely at an all-time low with the Netflix "batch" release strategy. It means Canada, the UK and even Australia will receive the new episodes long before their US counterparts do.
Just one of the reasons (if not the main one,) that I've lost nearly all interest in the current English dub of Pokemon.

It sucks the dub can’t air 24 hours after the original Japanese airing. The technology is there to do a simultaneous dub for both languages. Tomo-Chan is a Girl proved it can be done. Why can’t Pokemon do so?

It sucks the dub can’t air 24 hours after the original Japanese airing. The technology is there to do a simultaneous dub for both languages. Tomo-Chan is a Girl proved it can be done. Why can’t Pokemon do so?
Because Pokémon (rather Netflix) services multiple languages, not just Japanese and English. Simildubbing is hard enough as is. Now try coordinating that across multiple countries. One of them (Ukraine) is a major active war zone. That’s not even getting into the legal mumbo jumbo that is distribution rights and contracts. Just because an episode is made and dubbed does not mean the distributor will let it out.

Back
Top Bottom