• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Horizons English Dub release date

So how is BBC expected to do releases? I know they have 6 episodes up already but when will the others air? Will it be a weekly thing, or something else?

So I just did the math.......by the time Horizons is officially released here in the U.S. (that is, on Netflix,) Japan will be on episode.......41. Yep, nothing like us Americans being more than 40 episodes behind Japan! Greaaaaat. Same shit as Journeys. :cautious: Why, exactly, does TCPI continue to use Netflix as the distributor of the English dub of Pokemon?

So I just did the math.......by the time Horizons is officially released here in the U.S. (that is, on Netflix,) Japan will be on episode.......41. Yep, nothing like us Americans being more than 40 episodes behind Japan! Greaaaaat. Same shit as Journeys. :cautious: Why, exactly, does TCPI continue to use Netflix as the distributor of the English dub of Pokemon?
I assume that it's because Netflix would provide better exposure to the anime compared to channels like Disney XD. While Disney XD treated SM pretty well, it is a premium cable channel and easily the most expendable Disney Channel. Despite all of their questionable to bad choices, Netflix is still one of the most popular streaming sites out there and more homes would have it than Disney XD. Other cable channels aimed at kids have largely moved away from third party content for years too.

Netflix is also probably pretty satisfied with how well the dub is performing for them. I assume that they wouldn't make their own original Pokemon series if the main series wasn't doing well enough for them at least. Being the home for a huge franchise like Pokemon would be a selling point for them, although I'm still surprised it hasn't led to them getting more older series or at least more of the Pokemon movies. Considering that the release date is specifically Pokemon Day, I assume that the decision to wait that long was at least partly, if not entirely, due to TPCI. Timing the release for a day celebrating the franchise is pretty deliberate, something that I don't think Netflix would necessarily be interested in.

Now this isn't to say that there isn't any issues with the Netflix release method or that it's the perfect home for the dub, but that I think it makes sense why TPCI would continue to work with them as the distributor of the dub. As bad as being nearly a year behind the Japanse version sounds, it's also hard to be that upset over it when I'm pretty sure that the gap has been longer in the past, or at least during the 4Kids era. Plus, 41 episodes isn't nearly as bad as being years behind like the Yu-Gi-Oh! dubs have been for ages.

(technically we'll be 29 episodes behind, since Netflix will release the first 12 episodes in one batch, but I agree with your overall point)

aksjsiqoqkjssjjs (screams in Canadian)

(technically we'll be 29 episodes behind, since Netflix will release the first 12 episodes in one batch, but I agree with your overall point)
How do you know it's going to be 12, They'll dubbed up to episode 6 so far.

How do you know it's going to be 12, They'll dubbed up to episode 6 so far.
They've aired up to episode six, but considering that they had a sneak peek for episode one back in July, I'm pretty sure that they've dubbed quite a few episodes already. Plus, Netflix released about twelve episodes for Pokemon Journeys with each update, so it's pretty likely that they'll do the same with Horizons.

They've aired up to episode six, but considering that they had a sneak peek for episode one back in July, I'm pretty sure that they've dubbed quite a few episodes already. Plus, Netflix released about twelve episodes for Pokemon Journeys with each update, so it's pretty likely that they'll do the same with Horizons.
Which do you think is better though in the long-term? Batches of episodes, or one episode weekly?

Sounds like you guys in Canada had it better than us Americans in that regard.
Yes, though horizons is making me sad because of
Pokémon Horizons will come to Netflix US on February 23 of the next year for the Pokémon day.
View attachment 178760

The releasing date

UK - BCC START ON 01 DECEMBER 2023
FRANCE - CANAL J ON 09 DECEMBER 2023
USA - NETFLIX STARTS ON 23 FEBRUARY 2024
BRASIL - NETFLIX STARTS ON 23 FEBRUARY 2024
MEXICO - NETFLIX STARTS ON 23 FEBRUARY 2024
AUSTRALIA - 9GO! STARTS ON 27 FEBRUARY 2024
CANADA - CARTOON NETWORK AND TELETOON STARTS ON 02 MARCH 2024
Canadas getting it last :(

Back
Top Bottom