• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia 2! Endgame: Tyranny of the Trolls (1/4/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for my absence. There was this thing called finals week that pretty much got in the way of posting in this game. Now finals are over, I can get back into the game.

This would really be beneficial for the Town as of now considering not even a single Mafia member has been outed as yet.

There isn't much to go with publicly available information as of right now.

Considering none of the Mafia have been outed yet, there's no reason for us to keep casting random votes.

I didn't see Max's vote to be random.

Ok. But my vote remains as u are unable to provide any proper explanation. Also, I feel u just want to lynch someone, or rather mislynch someone.
Unfortunately, u have placed yourself at the top of my scum read as of now.

Given the evidence that Max has though, I thought that he voted for YT for the sake of getting YT to explain a little further in the last day phase.

Max, as I said I still prefer No Lynch over Mis Lynch at this point of time. I am willing to unvote you but you have to promise me that this will be a No Lynch phase.

I'm not a fan of the condition that you set for Max in order for Max not to be voted by you.

Wait what? We're going for a no lynch here? I don't l know, that doesn't exactly seem like the best course of action here.

Pika, I can understand not wanting innocent Townies to die thanks to a mislynch but there's probably like 4 scum out there, we're never going to hit them if we don't take a chance and lynch somebody. I highly doubt that just waiting to see who they lynch will give us much insight into who they are.
Choosing to no lynch might protect a potential townie, but it also means that any potential scum is safe, and I'm sorry, but I don't think that that's a good idea at this point in the game.

Vote: Yours Truly
Since I trust megapod's suspicions, he hasn't shown up to defend himself, and I honestly don't think we should be no lynching here.

Night 3: It's Too Quiet Around Here

DAY 3 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

No Lynch II (Pika_pika42, Max1996)
Yours Truly I (Lone_Garurumon)

Night 3: It's Too Quiet Around Here

True to their word, Enzap and Maniacal Engineer began searching for the whereabouts of Six Paths. They had even requested that the other F&G staff members keep an eye out for the missing ninja.
When they were unable to find Six Paths in the Fun & Games section, the Mods took the case to Shiny Celebi.

The Head Administrator, though very busy, was concerned about the disappearance and agreed to help. Immediately, she got into her car and drove off, accidentally crashing into the RM thread.
Once there, she began her investigation, tailed by Enzap, who had agreed to accompany her while the other mods kept an eye on the section.

When they came across the area where Six Paths had been ambushed by the spambots, Shiny Celebi stopped and looked around. There were signs of a scuffle.
She nodded thoughtfully, and turned to the Section Head.
"We received numerous reports of a spambot in this area last night," she said, "so we banned the associated account. It must have been Six Paths."
"So, just like Captain Tentacruel, his account was hacked by the spambots," said Enzap, thoughtfully, "the Trolls must be behind this, although I'm not sure how."
Shiny Celebi looked Enzap straight in the eye.
"You have to consider the possibility that someone in your sectional staff is helping the Trolls," she said.
"No," insisted Enzap, "I trust all of them."
The Head Administrator sighed.
"Do whatever it takes to resolve this issue," she said, "you have the support of the senior staff. Meanwhile, we'll start looking for a way to stop the spambots from hacking user's accounts."
Enzap nodded, and Shiny Celebi departed.

Sitting in his office later, the Super Mod sighed, as his staff approached.
"Anything noteworthy happen today?" he asked.
"Nothing," said Zexy, "nothing at all."

No one was lynched.
It is now Night 3. It will end in 24 hours unless night actions are locked in a way that would lead to an inevitable outcome.

I'm agreed with Lone here, while it sucks lynching someone is almost always better than not lynching them. That is just basic mafia. In a role revealed upon death, knowing what someone is gives valuable insight on what they have said and who they trust/were suspicious about.

Ok so I understand u all may not agree with my thought process but let me explain myself first.

Idk on what basis Garu assumed that there are 4 Mafia, but if it's correct then there are 7 Town people currently.

In case of mislynch plus Night kill, 2 more Town people gone, which makes it 5 town people n 4 mafia, which will result in Mafia to win easily.

In case of No Lynch, at least we get some time to think over it.

Those who disagree, please come forward and explain your thoughts. I would be more than happy to listen to them.

Idk on what basis Garu assumed that there are 4 Mafia, but if it's correct then there are 7 Town people currently.
I made an educated guess based on the number of players on this game. The generally accepted ratio of players is 1 scum per 3-4 other players. With 14 players in the game there will likely be approximately 3-4 scum in this game, depending on other balance factors such as role power and indeps

In case of mislynch plus Night kill, 2 more Town people gone, which makes it 5 town people n 4 mafia, which will result in Mafia to win easily.

In case of No Lynch, at least we get some time to think over it.

Those who disagree, please come forward and explain your thoughts. I would be more than happy to listen to them.
And I'm happy to.
The thing is, think about it based on what evidence? Without voting to lynch, we will have precious little information to work with, since most reads will come from votes, and how people react to and interact with those votes. If we were to simply do nothing and twiddle or things for the next days we would get very little information to read from.

Yes we get more time to think with no lynches, but we get much less to work with.

Don't worry,I went through this exact same phase when I first started playing. "Oh no, we killed someone not mafia, this I'd the worst thing imaginable." I just trusted that the more experienced players knew what they were doing and followed their lead that lynching is better than not lynching almost 99% of the time.

The thing is, think about it based on what evidence? Without voting to lynch, we will have precious little information to work with, since most reads will come from votes, and how people react to and interact with those votes. If we were to simply do nothing and twiddle or things for the next days we would get very little information to read from.

Yes we get more time to think with no lynches, but we get much less to work with.

Don't worry,I went through this exact same phase when I first started playing. "Oh no, we killed someone not mafia, this I'd the worst thing imaginable." I just trusted that the more experienced players knew what they were doing and followed their lead that lynching is better than not lynching almost 99% of the time.

Accepted. Maybe I am being too paranoid about this. Yes I am going through that phase of not wanting to lynch an innocent but I think it would be better for me to observe a bit more and follow the lead of more experienced players.

Day 4: Bringing Zexy Back

Day 4: Bringing Zexy Back

Enzap sat in his office thinking about Shiny Celebi's words from earlier.
Shiny Celebi looked Enzap straight in the eye.
"You have to consider the possibility that someone in your sectional staff is helping the Trolls," she said.
"No," insisted Enzap, "I trust all of them."
The Head Administrator sighed.
"Do whatever it takes to resolve this issue," she said, "you have the support of the senior staff. Meanwhile, we'll start looking for a way to stop the spambots from hacking user's accounts."
He twirled a pencil thoughtfully and glanced into the adjacent offices.
All of the other F&G moderators had turned in for the night, except for Maniacal Engineer, who was, once again, working late.
Enzap walked into ME's office and leaned against the doorpost.
"Don't you ever go home?" he said, chuckling.
ME glanced up from his computer screen, a bemused expression on his face.
"I could say the same thing about you, boss," he retorted.
As Enzap was about to give another witty retort, ME's computer pinged, getting the madman's attention.

Reading the data on the screen, ME's brow furrowed thoughtfully.
"You'd better come here and take a look at this, boss," he said.
Curious, Enzap walked over to ME's side and looked at the display on the monitor.
His eyes widened.

Seated at his desk atop the Troll Tower, the mysterious figure received an email alert.
He scanned it briefly, taking in the information provided.
"Interesting," said the figure, leaning back in his chair, "very interesting..."

Pushing a button, the figure summoned another group of spambots. He gave them orders, and they departed.
The figure sat back thoughtfully and steepled his fingers.
"Here's hoping the others hold up their part of the bargain," he muttered, "or else this will end up potentially backfiring."

Having departed from his office several hours earlier, Zexy found himself in one of the Random Messages social lounges, surrounded by a bunch of the regular users, and engaged in a somewhat heated conversation.
"No I am not Maniacal Engineer's sidekick," he was saying to Max1996, Doctor Floptopus, and returnofMCH, "ME just likes to pretend that I am because he has an insufferably large ego."
"But then why does he get to do all of the cool things and have the most awesome one-liners?" asked Max.
"Because he does the writing," said Zexy, rolling his eyes, "like I said, an insufferable ego."

Before the conversation could continue, the lounge was swarmed by an entire legion of spambots.
Zexy put his drink down on the table, and looked at the other users.
"Get. Out," he said, sternly.

Not needing to be told twice, the users ran out of the lounge, although the spambots ignored them and appeared to only be focused on Zexy.
Narrowing his eyes, the moderator summoned a horde of Zexy Zombies to assist him.
"You want a piece of me?" he said to the spambots, "come and get it!"

The spambots charged, and immediately engaged the Zexy Zombies in battle.
Despite their best efforts, the spambots were slowly being overwhelmed by the moderator and his undead army. No matter how many Zexy Zombies they spammed, more would rise from their graves in The War Room.
Zexy himself banned the spambots, left and right, although even he knew that, eventually, he would run out of zombies (having only been killed a finite amount of times in TWR).
He picked up his cellphone and called the staff offices, praying that somebody was still there.

ME's phone rang. Startled, he picked up.
"Yes?" he said.
"Thank goodness you're still there," said Zexy, "I've got a bit of a situation here."
"What's up?" said ME, putting the phone on speaker, so that Enzap, who was still standing over his shoulder, could listen in.
"I'm under attack by spambots," replied Zexy, "my zombies are holding them off, for now, but this is a temporary solution, at best."
"Where are you?" asked Enzap.
"At the lounge, just south of the lava-tory," replied Zexy.
"We're five minutes away," said ME, putting on his trench coat, "just hold out until then."
He and Enzap dashed out of their office building and ran toward the lounge.

Zexy gritted his teeth, and continued banning spambots, but more and more were starting to arrive, and, for some reason, these ones seemed more difficult to ban.
The Zexy Zombies were being overtaken, and reinforcements were getting slower and slower to arrive.
"The sheer amount of spambots is slowing down the forum itself," realized Zexy, "but how did so many spambots sneak passed the filters?"
The last of the Zexy Zombies keeled over, crippled by spam advertisements, as the horde of spambots approached the real Zexy.
"So this is how it ends," he thought, "then I'll just have to keep banning as many of them as possible before they get me."

Alas, the courageous moderator was overwhelmed by the spambots, but, surprisingly, they could not hack his account. They merely continued swarming over him, preventing him from banning them.

Watching the scene from his office in the Troll Tower, the figure slammed a fist down on his desk in rage.
"What are those guys doing?!" he yelled, "without support, my spambots cannot ban a Moderator's account."

Buried under a pile of spambots, and being spammed left and right, Zexy was completely miserable.
"I hope Enzap and ME get here soon," he thought, glumly.

Suddenly, he began to feel himself fading away.
"What?" he thought, "what's happening?"

Just then, the door was kicked in, as Enzap and ME skidded in, and began banning spambots left, right, and center.
As the pile cleared, the F&G moderators looked in horror, as their friend and colleague, Zexy, had become Zexy, scoring a major victory for the Trolls.

Dear Pika_pika42, you are Zexy
60633.jpg

I don't think eating a demonic chicken is healthy...

As one of the hosts, you know everyone's alignment! As a result, you are the Cop. Once per night phase you may select a person and attempt to figure out their alignment.
Also, because of your status as Fun and Games staff, you are a Neighbor. You may talk with your fellow Neighbors in the special Neighbor chat provided by the hosts.

You are allied with the Non-Trolls and win when all opposing factions are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive

Enraged, ME began bombarding the spambots with waves of Interrupting Knives, as Enzap knelt over the banned Zexy and attempted to reverse the ban.
Finding himself unable to do so, the Super Moderator rose, a deadly expression on his face, as he turned to face the spambots.

Observing these events from the safety of his office in Troll Tower, the figure noticed the turning tides and recalled his spambots.
"Another time," he said ominously, "another time..."

It is now Day 4. It will end in 48 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
With 10 players alive, 7 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

With 10 players alive, the game in a state of MILO (Mislynch or Lose). If town lynches incorrectly today, they may lose the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... shit.
Suddenly things are making more sense. He was likely so intent to have the game drag as long as possible so he got more night phases to hit scum.
Hmm, makes me wonder if he was good enough to hide potential cop checks under what he was doing before.

Seriously though @Yours Truly a defence or your probably my vote.

Ok, so here's a timeline of who pikapika was defending and voting up until he died.
Day 2:
Just because MegaPod called out to the inactive players doesn't make him scum. The reason behind your vote is rather suspicious unless you are joke voting on Day 2.

Your reason itself negates your vote. If he were indeed Mafia, he would have killed an active player who would pose as a potential threat and would have let the inactive players be just as they are to maintain suspicion on them.

It seems the Mafia want to frame MegaPod and you are helping them with it.

Vote: jdthebud
Defending MegaPod. This either means he checked MegaPod and got Town, or he just got an otherwise Towny vibe from him. This doesn't effect me too much since I already had Pod was up there on my town list.
Day 3
For the other Mason out there, I am able and willing to listen to ur claim in the OC i.e. if u trust me enough.

This would really be beneficial for the Town as of now considering not even a single Mafia member has been outed as yet.
States that no scum had been outed yet, implying that whoever he checked was town.
@Max1996 urs is the only vote in this phase? That too on YT whose posts in no way look scummy. I think he was just joking there.

Also, MegaPod came up with that post but has not cast a vote himself. Why did u vote there?

Unless I get a proper explanation, my vote is on you.

Vote: Max1996
Votes Max, implying that whoever turned up town for him, it wasn't Max, meaning Max is still in flux here.
Ok then. Only because I trust you.

Unvote: Max1996
Vote: No lynch

Good night. I hope to see a no lynch when I get up tomorrow morning.
However, goes back on the Max vote when he opts for a no lynch, practically cementing that he hasn't found any scum yet. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom