• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumored Pokémon and Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What new "kinds" of Pokemon do you predict?

First had Gardevoir then Lopunny,then probably have a third in the V Gen.

We'll get another not Pikachu electric rodent Pokemon.

We'll get another not Pikachu electric rodent Pokemon.

no doubt :(

The samurai, being a warrior clad in regal armor, would be Fighting/Steel and possess some kind of sword-like object. The ninja, being a sneaky fighter concealed in the shadows, would be Fighting/Dark, and be faster than its counterpart.

Seems a ninja would be Fighting/Poison or Dark/Poison to me

80% chance of inflicting Toxic poison -- as an ability?! Good God, talk about overpowered. Why a poisoned sword, anyway? When I think of a possible Steel/Poison type, I think of a syringe-like pokemon...

It could be part of a legendary duo, the other being a Water/steel sharkskin blade.
Its ability would be a version of rough skin, that does 60 damage (factored as a physical move), works both ways (meaning, it activates when attacking with a move that makes contact, and when being attacked with a move that makes contact), and restores Hp equal to 1/2 the damage given.

A new two form snake pokemon. It would be Ground/Dark, and look like a snake from Mayan art. It would have an ability like No Guard called Tongue Flick. Based on a boa, it would learn the standard moves snake-type PKMN learn as well as Crunch, Gunk Shot, and Glare, but no OHKOs.
Dark type needs a few more PKMN, and could really use a Ground type as Thunderbolt has become so common.

Dark type needs a few more PKMN, and could really use a Ground type as Thunderbolt has become so common.

not as much as dragon and ghost does.

It could be part of a legendary duo, the other being a Water/steel sharkskin blade.

Samedeha, I choose you!

I would like to see more dark and more ghost types. Dragon is supposed to be a more sacred type, so I can see why there are few of them.

I'd like more Normal combinations Giraferigwas a good idea

How much would, say, a Fire/Water dual-type Pokemon effect the game? I doubt not by a lot, but it would be a pretty interesting combination to look forward to.

A ninja Pokemon would be cool. I was thinking giving it extremely high attack with low defense, plus a wide array of moves to boost its evasiveness like Double Team and Smokescreen, and you're good. It'd be one of those Pokemon that can't take a hit, but focuses on quick kills.

How much would, say, a Fire/Water dual-type Pokemon effect the game? I doubt not by a lot, but it would be a pretty interesting combination to look forward to.
Never got why people acted like a Fire/Water would be a huge deal. It'd just be another type combination, and would still have weaknesses and resistances like any other type combo.

Rusty Shackleford said:
It'd just be another type combination, and would still have weaknesses and resistances like any other type combo.

Spiritomb and Sableye laugh at your comment.

Yeah, if those types were combined then an example of a weakness would be Ground, since Water doesn't resist it. But it seems as if the creators are focusing more on Offensive Pokemon rather than Defensive Pokemon, lately.

A ninja Pokemon would be cool. I was thinking giving it extremely high attack with low defense, plus a wide array of moves to boost its evasiveness like Double Team and Smokescreen, and you're good. It'd be one of those Pokemon that can't take a hit, but focuses on quick kills.
That is ninja stereotyping. Not all ninjas are like that. But, your right about the evasion part, and a ninja pokemon should get a signature move (I'd be fine if it wasn't a signature move, as long as the only other pokemon given the move were the Nincada family.) It could be an attack that would boost evasion and do 70 damage.

Dolphin (Water) - Sawfish (Water/Dark)
Goat (Ground or Rock) - Satyr (?/Dark)
Hydra (Dragon/Fire?)
SabeltoothTiger (Fossil)
Gargoyle (Rock)
Cyclops (Fighting) - Ettin (Fighting)
Grasshopper? (Bug)
Lion (Fire) - Sphinx (Fire/Rock)
Wolf (Normal)
Kappa (Water/Dark)
Peafowl (Normal/Flying)

I should stop now...

I demand a non-terrible water/steel type Pokemon. Perhaps a yellow submarine.

I demand a non-terrible water/steel type Pokemon.

Emploeon isn't terrible not with:

Surf, Substatute, Grass Knot, Focus Punch

Emploeon isn't terrible not with:

Surf, Substatute, Grass Knot, Focus Punch

That is beyond terrible. That deserves a ban for the amount of fail within that move set.

Yellow Submarine, use Torpedo on n00b!

It would be funnier if the Beatles weren't terrible. Ok, I just don't like them; they're not bad. Anywho, Empoleon is good, but variety is better so another water/steel is almost a must for me.

Dolphin (Water) - Sawfish (Water/Dark)
Goat (Ground or Rock) - Satyr (?/Dark)
Hydra (Dragon/Fire?)
SabeltoothTiger (Fossil)
Gargoyle (Rock)
Cyclops (Fighting) - Ettin (Fighting)
Grasshopper? (Bug)
Lion (Fire) - Sphinx (Fire/Rock)
Wolf (Normal)
Kappa (Water/Dark)
Peafowl (Normal/Flying)

I should stop now...