• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the TCG Online programme have a computer simulator to battle against to learn the game or is it only against online opponents?

The challenge matches all take place against CPU controlled opponents, though you're limited to using the theme decks provided for you. You also have an option to test a deck you built against a random (as far as i know) CPU opponent after you saved the deck.

Yes, on the Versus mode tab you have an option called "Play Testing" which pits you against a random CPU opponent/deck. You can also access it from the Deck Manager screen.

TCGO-related:

Are the tokens in your Pokemon Trainer Club account supposed to be linked to your TCGO account? I used to have the same amount in both, but now they're always different (with my Trainer Club always being at 300)

TCGO-related:

Are the tokens in your Pokemon Trainer Club account supposed to be linked to your TCGO account? I used to have the same amount in both, but now they're always different (with my Trainer Club always being at 300)
I think they are supposed to be shared, if they are different you might want to file a support ticket on Pokemon.com to have someone investigate it.

I think they are supposed to be shared, if they are different you might want to file a support ticket on Pokemon.com to have someone investigate it.

My points dramatically dropped--I think that the Trainer Club just took awhile to sync with my TCGO account

So I bought some packs today and was surprised to get a M-Venusaur-EX card online, what can I expect to trade this for? (Preferably for a Dark deck.)

Side note: I would have preferred if I had gotten identical card to the physical pack, as I got both White Kyurem EX and a full art Reshiram.

So I bought some packs today and was surprised to get a M-Venusaur-EX card online, what can I expect to trade this for? (Preferably for a Dark deck.)

Side note: I would have preferred if I had gotten identical card to the physical pack, as I got both White Kyurem EX and a full art Reshiram.
It's value isn't very high; the TCGO forum shop I go to for value reference only gives it 2 packs. Its value is only .5 packs lower than the Yveltal-EX Promo, so you may be able to end up having somebody trade it, although the odds aren't too high unless you bundle it with something else. With the equivalent value, you could also get two Legendary Treasures Zoroarks, which can be great for a dark deck if you can get enough Dark-types out. I hope this helps! ^_^

Its value isn't very high; the TCGO forum shop I go to for value reference only gives it 2 packs. Its value is only .5 packs lower than the Yveltal-EX Promo, so you may be able to end up having somebody trade it, although the odds aren't too high unless you bundle it with something else. With the equivalent value, you could also get two Legendary Treasures Zoroarks, which can be great for a dark deck if you can get enough Dark-types out. I hope this helps! ^_^

@redtown - That would be Dark Explorers and Plasma Blast. If you're really lucky, you could even get a "Secret Rare" Rare Candy in a Plasma Blast pack.

Is there a place listing the value of each card or should I just keep asking here?

No, they cannot. Nor can the full boosters from the Daily Login Rewards. The cards and packs from the Wheel, however, are tradable.

I have been having trouble finding EX Pokemon, any idea how the ratios are for legendary treasures?

-Thanks

I hve two questions:

1. Do Ancient Traits count as abilities?

2. The cards with Ancient Traits have an unique art style, what are they called?

@Tepig2000;

1. No. Ancient Traits are their own thing, just like Abilities, as well as Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies on pre-BW cards. As such, Ancient Traits cannot be shut off by Garbodor's Garbotoxin, Wobbuffet's Bide Barricade, or Silent Lab, as those specifically target Abilities.

2. TCG fans generally refer to this style as "Half Art", as the art takes up about half of the card's space.

I just recently got back into the TCG and noticed that the most recent Basic Energy cards I have are from EX Dragon and earlier. Is there a restriction for what set your Basic Energy cards can come from when you put together a deck for events and tournaments?

^ As far as I know, not really. You can use Basic Energy from any official set, even Base Set.

Hi there!

I have recently gotten back into Pokemon TCG collecting and I'm finding it a little overwhelming. I've bought quite a few booster packs but I seem to still be a little lost. I like to collect cards based on number only. These newer cards I've bought are all XY. What is the best way to go about collecting cards just by number. Are the black and white card similar to XY etc? Do certain boosters only contain certain cards? Please help! Thank you.

Hi there!

I have recently gotten back into Pokemon TCG collecting and I'm finding it a little overwhelming. I've bought quite a few booster packs but I seem to still be a little lost. I like to collect cards based on number only. These newer cards I've bought are all XY. What is the best way to go about collecting cards just by number. Are the black and white card similar to XY etc? Do certain boosters only contain certain cards? Please help! Thank you.

I, like yourself, just collect cards and have no interest whatsoever of playing the game. What I currently do is purchase cards individually from TrollandToad.com. Their prices are reasonable (compared to ebay) and their shipping cost are great (I am based in the UK).

However, when a new expansion comes out, I purchase a booster box. These contain 36 packs and are a good way of getting ultra/secret rares. The last box I got was for Primal Clash and got 8 of these cards, which I think is good going. I doubt if I bought 36 individual booster packs (which would cost me ~33% more than a box) I would get more than half than this!

Also this way you can get the majority of cards in an expansion for less than their total individual value from TrollandToad (if that makes sense). Again, Ill give my Primal Clash example. The booster box cost me £68. The value of the cards I will keep had a total value of £122 on TrollandToad!. Any cards I dont want, I put on ebay to get some money back!!! I do not buy separate booster packs after I have done this because the chances are you will end up with just duplicates.

Booster packs will only contain cards from a certain expansion, which should be clearly displayed on the packaging. For example, if you buy a Primal Clash booster pack, you will only get cards from the Primal Clash expansion. Currently, there are 63 main expansions (a lot, I know), but this does not contains subsets. A new expansion set is released every 3 months.

Can you expand further on what you mean by "Are the black and white card similar to XY etc".

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom