• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
This is just what it sounds like. Post any simple questions you have about card effects, or the TCG in general, here and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Here are a couple example questions:

example said:
What would you say the best deck is in the TCG right now, and what would be a good counter to it?

example said:
If I attach Unown G to a Pokémon using the "Guard" Poké-POWER, can that Pokémon still be affected by Gengar SF's "Shadow Room" attack?

So, get the questions rolling in. Also, if you see a question you know the answer to and you get there before me, by all means! Answer it!

~Adam

Yeah.. I was searching for this kind of thread.. XD

Can anyone explains the effect of Roseanne's Research? I quite confuse about it.. DX

Yeah.. I was searching for this kind of thread.. XD

Can anyone explains the effect of Roseanne's Research? I quite confuse about it.. DX

Absolutely. Roseanne's Research lets you search your deck for two in any combination of Basic Pokémon and Basic Energy cards. This could be one of the following:
- One Basic Pokémon and one Basic Energy
- Two Basic Pokémon
- Two Basic Energy

Do you need clarification on the definition of Basic Pokémon/Energy?

Absolutely. Roseanne's Research lets you search your deck for two in any combination of Basic Pokémon and Basic Energy cards. This could be one of the following:
- One Basic Pokémon and one Basic Energy
- Two Basic Pokémon
- Two Basic Energy

Do you need clarification on the definition of Basic Pokémon/Energy?
Thanks.. I know that at least.. XD

How about this, quite common one.. If you attach a Double Rainbow Energy to Salamence (Stormfront) which has another 2 water energies.. Will it provide Fire and Water energy at once? Is Double Rainbow Energy discarded as Water & Fire energy during its attack?

Thanks.. I know that at least.. XD

How about this, quite common one.. If you attach a Double Rainbow Energy to Salamence (Stormfront) which has another 2 water energies.. Will it provide Fire and Water energy at once? Is Double Rainbow Energy discarded as Water & Fire energy during its attack?

I don't remember Salamence's specific text off the top of my head, but yes, DRE would provide both a Fire and a Water Energy, if you wanted it to. As far as the discard question goes, if it says to discard two energy, then yes, discarding DRE would satisfy that. If it says to discard two energy cards, you would need to discard two energy cards. Period.

Hope that helps.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I brought my first ever pack of the HeartGold/SoulSilver cards today. Literally, first pack, and I got this:

2aihpqv.jpg

Now, two questions.

Do I need the other half of the card to play this?
And, not really important but, my friend said this was one of the "four rarest cards of the set", is that true? (Need to know for trading and stuff)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I brought my first ever pack of the HeartGold/SoulSilver cards today. Literally, first pack, and I got this:

2aihpqv.jpg

Now, two questions.

Do I need the other half of the card to play this?
And, not really important but, my friend said this was one of the "four rarest cards of the set", is that true? (Need to know for trading and stuff)

Yes, this is a fine place to ask that.

Alright... first off, it's pretty rare. It's not one of the four rarest cards in the set, but it's tied with three other cards for the #3 spot. Yes, if you wanted to actually play this in a game you would need the other half.

Rarest card in the set would be Alph Lithograph. Then Red Gyarados. After that would come Ho-Oh Legend (two cards) and Lugia Legend (also two cards). You have in your possesion half of Lugia Legend. Nice pull!

Yes, this is a fine place to ask that.

Alright... first off, it's pretty rare. It's not one of the four rarest cards in the set, but it's tied with three other cards for the #3 spot. Yes, if you wanted to actually play this in a game you would need the other half.

Rarest card in the set would be Alph Lithograph. Then Red Gyarados. After that would come Ho-Oh Legend (two cards) and Lugia Legend (also two cards). You have in your possesion half of Lugia Legend. Nice pull!

Thanks for answering!
Now I just have to ether keep buying boosters 'til I get the other half, or buy the card of someone... which would probably cost more than a booster. xD

Thanks for answering!
Now I just have to ether keep buying boosters 'til I get the other half, or buy the card of someone... which would probably cost more than a booster. xD

Half of a Legend card will generally run around $20-$25 right now. Good, considering it means your card is worth more, but bad considering it won't be especially cheap for you to obtain the other half.

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but I was wondering if the Legend cards have been released in English yet.

LugiaLEGENDHeartGoldSoulSilver113.jpg
Ho-OhLEGENDHeartGoldSoulSilver111.jpg

If so how do I go about obtaining one? (Booster Pack, Tins, Poster Pack, something else)

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but I was wondering if the Legend cards have been released in English yet.

LugiaLEGENDHeartGoldSoulSilver113.jpg
Ho-OhLEGENDHeartGoldSoulSilver111.jpg

If so how do I go about obtaining one? (Booster Pack, Tins, Poster Pack, something else)

Yes, they have. Unless you want to go on eBay and simply buy one, the only way for you to obtain a Legend card would be to buy packs of the new HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion.

BTW, Takoto, I overestimated that card's price a little bit. Half of a Legend wil run you about $10.

I know this is a little off subject but did anyone notice that Legend card for lugia in the entry they misspelled it with two i's.

Last edited:
I know this is a little off subject but did anyone notice that Legend card for lugia in the entry they misspelled it with two i's.
I don't see any extra "i" in it's name in the text entry.. (o_O)

Yes, they have. Unless you want to go on eBay and simply buy one, the only way for you to obtain a Legend card would be to buy packs of the new HeartGold & SoulSilver expansion.

BTW, Takoto, I overestimated that card's price a little bit. Half of a Legend wil run you about $10.

I'm definently not buying one off of Ebay, that's just crazy.

Are the HeartGold and SoulSilver expansion packs the same as the booster packs?

Thanks.

I also found some cool Legendary Dog Legend cards but I highly doubt that they have been released in English yet.

Last edited:
Just to let you know that was already found out when they released the Japanese card. It is just a typo and wasn't fixed in translation I believe.

On the card's entry, a typo has the word It spelled with two Is, making it say IIt instead of It.

Ok I actually have a few questions.

1. Is there a maximum hand limit?

2. Do poke-bodies stack? i have 2 Amparophs Prime and I wanted to know if I had both of them out if the opponet would take 20 damage for each energy attached

3. Can you only have 4 of special energy like Double Energy?

4. What expansion sets are legal in tournament play? Ive only ever bought from Diamond and Pearl up but I wanted to know if older cards were legal.

(Edit) 5. And lastly, with prize cards do you due the top 6 or whatever from your deck after you draw or do you pick your prize cards?

Thank you for any help you can provide

Last edited:
I don't think so.

2. Do poke-bodies stack? i have 2 Amparophs Prime and I wanted to know if I had both of them out if the opponet would take 20 damage for each energy attached
They stack unless the description specifically states that you can only apply one of them at a time. Ampharos Prime doesn't have that clause, so I'm assuming it can stack.

Yup. That's why they had to create a basic form of Darkness and Metal Energy.

4. What expansion sets are legal in tournament play? Ive only ever bought from Diamond and Pearl up but I wanted to know if older cards were legal.
I'm pretty sure nothing from before Diamond and Pearl (maybe even later than that at this point?) is still legal in official tournaments, unless of course the card has been reprinted since then.

(Edit) 5. And lastly, with prize cards do you due the top 6 or whatever from your deck after you draw or do you pick your prize cards?
Top six of your deck after shuffling but before you draw your first seven cards is how it was done in the Game Boy games. I hope those are faithful to how it's done in real life.

Anyway, my question is this: what is the rarity of Prime and LEGEND cards in relation to previous gimmicky cards of this type, i.e. ex/LV. X? I was under the assumption that Primes were a little less rare than ex/LV. Xs while LEGENDs were more rare? Is that true at all?

1. Just to confirm.. Does Dugtrio's Sinkhole (from Platinum) activate if you "force" your opponent to switch with moves like Push Down?

2. Is shiny pokemon rarer than LvX?

This reply targets anyone discussing the extra "i."

Yes, people have noticed that. So far, we're not aware of any copy of the card that doesn't have the extra "i." Chances are that a correction of the misprint would be considerably rarer than the actual misprint, but at the moment no known correction exists. In essence, all the cards have that error.

I'm definently not buying one off of Ebay, that's just crazy.

Are the HeartGold and SoulSilver expansion packs the same as the booster packs?

Thanks.

I also found some cool Legendary Dog Legend cards but I highly doubt that they have been released in English yet.

Yes, expansion packs and booster packs are the same thing. The Legendary Dog Legend cards have not yet been released in English.

Ok I actually have a few questions.

Thank you for any help you can provide

1. No, there is no maxiumum hand limit.

2. Yes. Unless Bodies state specifically that it you cannot apply that body more than once during your turn, i.e. Nidoqueen RR, they do stack. Ampharos Prime's body will definitely stack.

3. Yes, you can only have four of a special energy in your deck.

4. Right now, Diamond & Pearl-onward is legal. In August, it's likely that only Platinum-on will be legal, but there's been no official confirmation of that.

5. Your Prize Cards are the top six cards of your deck after you draw your opening hand.

Welcome to BMGf!

Anyway, my question is this: what is the rarity of Prime and LEGEND cards in relation to previous gimmicky cards of this type, i.e. ex/LV. X? I was under the assumption that Primes were a little less rare than ex/LV. Xs while LEGENDs were more rare? Is that true at all?

Primes are considerably less rare than Lv.Xs. Primes are about six per box, while Lv.Xs were two per box in most sets. Legends are about the same rarity as Lv.Xs. EXs are basically about as common as Primes as far as pull rates go, I believe. Perhaps slightly more common. Either way, with the exception of Meganium, I wouldn't go trading your Primes for random EXs.

Meganium sucks.

1. Just to confirm.. Does Dugtrio's Sinkhole (from Platinum) activate if you "force" your opponent to switch with moves like Push Down?

2. Is shiny pokemon rarer than LvX?

1. No, Sinkhole would not activate. Sinkhole only activates if your opponent announces a retreat; forcing them to switch does not qualify as a retreat. Good question.

2. With the exception of the Red Gyarados from the new HeartGold & SoulSilver set, shinies are not rarer than Lv.Xs. And they are certaintly not worth more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom