• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm recently getting back into collecting Pokemon card like I did as a kid. Now however there are more sets and pokemon than ever. I am keen to collect as many as possible but I'm unsure how to order them!? I Just wondered how everyone order theirs, where its by set>set number, pokedex number, or a mix of both etc etc. Im the kind of person that like to collect them and look and admire them and don't know what would be best for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I just want to ask two questions:

1. My "real" collection of cards is out of date for anything non-Unlimited, and I refuse to try to keep up with the treadmill again, especially for Pokémon I've never heard of (I go back to 1999 here, and I'm not "151 or GTFO", but some a lot of them of them look like fan creations), so I want to try to play an online version. I was running LackeyCCG for a while but never found enough players, and I remember someone telling me that there was an online version (unofficial) that I could use. What was that?

2. There used to be, according to the forum stats, 600+ threads here. What happened?

Hi, I'm recently getting back into collecting Pokemon card like I did as a kid. Now however there are more sets and pokemon than ever. I am keen to collect as many as possible but I'm unsure how to order them!? I Just wondered how everyone order theirs, where its by set>set number, pokedex number, or a mix of both etc etc. Im the kind of person that like to collect them and look and admire them and don't know what would be best for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I order mine in the sets in the order they were released; and in card number order. I have 5 folders currently:

1) Base set to Skyridge (Basically all those released by Wizards)
2) Ruby/Sapphire to Power Keepers
3) Diamond/Pearl to Call of Legends
4) Black/White to Legendary Treasures
5) XY to current

Also I start a new set with on a fresh page (and yes, it does annoy me when a set is released and I am left with a page with 1 card it in, wasting 17 slots!!!!)

2. There used to be, according to the forum stats, 600+ threads here. What happened?

The default setting is to display threads from only 1 month old. If you go to "Thread Display Options" at the bottom of the main page, you can change this to "Beginning" to see 683 pages worth!!

Apologies - I know nothing about your first query.

maybe this has been asked here, but for a while now (since getting back into the TCG after a long hiatus) I have wondered why the Pokemon Base Set cards are so much more expensive compared to the other Wizards sets? I know Base Set was the first set obviously, but why are there so many 1st Edition Holo cards fetching $50+, yet I can get Jungle 1st Edition Holos for 5 or 6 bucks in some cases when that set came out only a few months after Base? Were people just not that aware of the card game and its value until Jungle was released, thus a shortage of more pristine cards from Base?

Is Pokemon Center Lady limited to 2 instances in a standard format deck?

I'm asking because I was playing with 4 in the TCGO, when my opponent claims he's reporting me for having more than 2.

You're allowed to have 4 Pokémon Center Ladies in your deck, same as any Supporter. Your opponent just said that because he was being a sore loser.

In Holon era cards, they sometimes have wording that suggests there can be more than one active Pokémon (e.g. one of the opponent's active Pokémon is poisoned). Can there really be more than one active Pokémon?

Let's say Latios EX plays Light Pulse, which says "prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn." Next turn comes, and Latios EX is knocked out by a Pokemon that has delta-plus, i.e. take an extra prize card. Does the opponent not get the extra card? i.e. is the ancient trait considered an effect of the attack?

Let's say Latios EX plays Light Pulse, which says "prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn." Next turn comes, and Latios EX is knocked out by a Pokemon that has delta-plus, i.e. take an extra prize card. Does the opponent not get the extra card? i.e. is the ancient trait considered an effect of the attack?

I'm pretty sure "effects of attacks" refers only to the effects listed in the attack description. I might be wrong, though.

I'm pretty sure "effects of attacks" refers only to the effects listed in the attack description. I might be wrong, though.

Thanks for the reply! So I should interpret "attack" as what is specifically printed in the attack's description, and not generally as "everything that happened because you attacked." I can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom