• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Aqua and Magma

At first we were like "He used to be so hot, now he's a fat geek! :bawl:"

But it turns out underneath his pudgy exterior is something...sinister...

The fact that he's sinister (and might be trying to overthrow Maxie) makes him incredibly hot to me. Again, they should've kept his slimmed down look. But hey, apparently he's as popular with Magma grunts as Shelly is with Aqua grunts, so I guess they think he's hot lol
tumblr_n9pl3yf7iP1r36bj2o6_75sq.gif

Oddly enough, his game model doesn't seem quite as chubby...

sept_p13_02_en_rwh.jpg

Last edited:
At first we were like "He used to be so hot, now he's a fat geek! :bawl:"

But it turns out underneath his pudgy exterior is something...sinister...

The fact that he's sinister (and might be trying to overthrow Maxie) makes him incredibly hot to me. Again, they should've kept his slimmed down look. But hey, apparently he's as popular with Magma grunts as Shelly is with Aqua grunts, so I guess they think he's hot lol
tumblr_n9pl3yf7iP1r36bj2o6_75sq.gif
It's not the Twinkies that have made him swell, it's the bitterness.
Oddly enough, his game model doesn't seem quite as chubby...

sept_p13_02_en_rwh.jpg
He traded some chubby for chibi, maybe???

Hmmm. Looks like you might the admins a whole lot more then in RSE, and by themselves too. I wonder if as you go through the region, you start uncovering info that shows that the "good" team, isn't all they're saying, ending with a clash with both.

Definitely Team Aqua. Archie and Matt are freakin' hot. I wouldn't mind warming their beds.

Definitely Team Aqua. Archie and Matt are freakin' hot. I wouldn't mind warming their beds.

Well damn. I really can't argue with that. Although I feel like Matt might possibly rip me to shreds. His artwork makes him look 9' tall. Now that'd be an Arbok in those pants, LBR.

Well damn. I really can't argue with that. Although I feel like Matt might possibly rip me to shreds. His artwork makes him look 9' tall. Now that'd be an Arbok in those pants, LBR.

This getting way off topic but I wouldn't mind at all. Give me that 9' hunk of a man that I love plus the *ahem* assets. It was a blessing they decided to redesign them lest I do not care for either Archie or Matt in the first place. Matt just looks like downright stocky on his sprite before. And Archie was meh. Now they're both so fiiiine.

Even if there weren't that hot guys in Team Aqua, I'd still support them as I have a certain affinity towards the element of water. That's why I chose Ruby in the first place, so that I can be with Team Aqua stopping Team Magma.

That anchor chain that Archie has looks like those gold chains that a lot of rappers wear, i feel Archie is going to start rapping all of the sudden.

This getting way off topic but I wouldn't mind at all. Give me that 9' hunk of a man that I love plus the *ahem* assets. It was a blessing they decided to redesign them lest I do not care for either Archie or Matt in the first place. Matt just looks like downright stocky on his sprite before. And Archie was meh. Now they're both so fiiiine.

I always liked Gen. 3 Matt, he was cute. And Archie was fine as hell back then, exposing his chest hair and ish. (Well, I imagined a hairy chest anyway! LOL)

That sure does sound Intimidating.

Lucky for me I have a Strong Jaw. :D

So it looks like the order of command is Maxie --> Tabitha -- > Courtney for Magma and Archie --> Shelly --> Matt for Aqua. I like that, for multiple reasons.

I also like how Game Freak is expanding on the whole Magma wants to further humanity/Aqua wants to bring back ideal environments for Pokémon. Since these goals were only mentioned like once in the original games, this gives Game Freak a chance to bring those goals to the front for the remakes. Unless heaven forbid The Pokémon Company is overemphasizing these goals and then in the game we get the same lost-in-text story from Ruby & Sapphire.

That anchor chain that Archie has looks like those gold chains that a lot of rappers wear, i feel Archie is going to start rapping all of the sudden.

Team Aqua = Black & Dirty

Team Magma = White & Nerdy

Ha, I would much rather go out with Maxie than Archie cus I reckon Maxie is hotter, also he looks like he may be into heavy metal \m/

I am so glad Tabitha has got eyes though; I was kind worried he was eyeless, like Brock xD

Why does Magma always have the more complex motive? In Ruby, they wanted to expand the land for the benefit of humans and Pokemon, while Aqua (in Sapphire) only wanted to expand the sea for Pokemon.

According to the official site:

"Team Magma is an organization that plots to increase the landmass on the planet, effectively adding to the area upon which humanity can labor to achieve even greater evolution and development. Believing that humanity's development will lead to greater happiness for all the world, the members of Team Magma think that laboring for the equal coexistence of humanity and Pokémon is a foolish idea that serves only to hold back humanity’s progress."

"Team Aqua is an organization that plots to increase the size of the oceans in an effort to bring back the rich habitats lost to Pokémon due to humanity’s greed. The ocean is the font of all life, and by restoring it, the members of Team Aqua think that they can recreate an ideal home for Pokémon."

They're much more elaborate explaining Team Magma's goals. Team Aqua simply wants to create an ideal home for Pokemon (evidently by flooding the land that a good portion of them live on) while Team Magma expands the land with the hopes of pushing human development even further, which they believe will lead to greater happiness for everyone and think its foolish to put Pokemon over humans. What does Team Aqua think about humanity co-existing with Pokemon? What do they think of terrestrial Pokemon?

Seems more like Team Magma is a better counterpart to Team Plasma more than anything (and I kind of wish that's how BW turned out, with two teams fighting for either Pokemon or humans). Guess you couldn't develop Aqua more without having them give up the pirate life and become knights.

I really hope that they give Magma/Aqua more variety in their teams now, especially now that they're giving the admins more of a personality. It would be underwhelming if they built up towards the admin battles only for them to spam more Mightyena/Camerupt/Sharpedo. Here's some Pokemon I think each of them could use in this game:

Magma: Numel/Camerupt, Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Poochyena/Mightyena, Vulpix/Ninetales, Slugma/Magcargo, Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Baltoy/Claydol, Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Aqua: Carvanha/Sharpedo, Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Poochyena/Mightyena, Gyarados, Staryu/Starmie, Wailmer/Waillord, Corphish/Crawdaunt, Tentacool/Tentacruel

And then for the admins they could give Ninetales to Courtney, Rhydon to Tabitha, Gyarados to Matt, and either Tentacruel or Starmie to Shelley.

They diversified three identical male admins (and fused an admin with a grunt), and revamped the female admin in HgSs yet they still used the same lackluster teams.

They diversified three identical male admins (and fused an admin with a grunt), and revamped the female admin in HgSs yet they still used the same lackluster teams.

Not to the degree that they have in this game. HGSS's diversity basically amounted to giving each of them a unique sprite, they didn't have the personality that Magma/Aqua's admins have.

Give aqua poison types as well maybe? Otherwise Magma has a lot more types (Fire, Rock, Ground, Dark) than Aqua (Water, Dark).

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom