• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "If Pokémon Were Real" Thread

This topic is one with many things to consider. I will not go into too much detail about it but I have written pages and pages about this stuff and I considered using it as a media project.

If Pokemon existed and came into being somehow there would, as this thread proves, an awful amount of people willing to take in pokemon and befriend them. However, something you have to take into consideration is the media's influence on this, and by media I mean the anime and games. The majority of pokemon fans would act in such a way towards pokemon simply because they've seen Ash, Red or some other figurehead act the same way and they understand that it is socially acceptable.

The sad fact is though that the majority of people on the planet and most probably all of the influential people don't watch Pokemon and therefore don't know what it is about or what is/n't socially acceptable in their Universe. If Pokemon did spontaneously appear in the world, extermination or containment of the pokemon would be unavoidable and that means most pokemon fans would conform or become fugitives and I know it's only hypothetical but let's be honest, when faced with a decision of your life, would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for a single pokemon? Would you? I know I said no.

Probably keep some as pets to keep me company and help me do things / get around. I mean who needs a car when you can have a Arcanine? Plus it would be amusing to have a Zorua riding on my shoulder , confusing people for luls.

I didn't wanna Pokemon to be real... Do you want an electric mouse running around and when they get angry they'll shock you with 10.000 volt of electricity??? Well, they wouldn't be real anyway :p

I didn't wanna Pokemon to be real... Do you want an electric mouse running around and when they get angry they'll shock you with 10.000 volt of electricity??? Well, they wouldn't be real anyway :p

That 10.000 volts isn't so much. A static shock is 10.000 to 30.000 volt. A lightning bolt a couple million. Keep in mind: it's the amps that kill.

Step 1: start in any region for example Kanto
Step 2: choose my starter pokemon
Step 3: make my level 5 pidgey fly me to Johto
Step 4: pretend I don't have a starter pokemon and choose a Johto starter
Do the same with the other regions (there are now 6)

Now I have a starter from each region, MWAHAHA >:]

Step 5: World Domination

Kidding, I'd actually take my Arcanine, Lucario and Dragonite with me on a journey (Though I doubt my mum would let me go)

I am 26. I live with my 7 year old god son. We both play Pokemon (usually together). We bond over it and I love those moments.

The other day he said "I get sad when I sit down and think about the fact that Pokemon might not be real."

If only they were!!

I would be on my Tauros/Miltank farm surrounded by sweet smelling grass Pokemon with my pet Lillipup and Rattata. Oh how awesome my life would be.

I didn't start playing Pokemon until I was about 11-12. If I had been 6 as my godson is I am sure that my "if Pokemon were real" life would be much more intricate.

I love babies, so I imagine I'd be hatching young'uns. Gotta have my trusty Magmar to help incubate. Magbies, Smoochums, Elekids...love 'em all.

No Poke-mills, though. Breeding for quality, and taking in abandoned eggs.

This idea makes me smile. I would love to help hehe.

If Pokemon were real I would probably end up getting involved with PETA. I mean, really. There would be so many abused little Pokemon D;;
Oh don't worry, there would be crazy nutcases like me who would take in the abused and neglected. Like I've said, I'd have me an Automaton sanctuary; every Golett and Golurk that would come to me would be well taken care of and adored. Ah, so many hugs and kisses all around. But it might be kinda tough snuggling with a nine foot tall ghost-bot. It would be an awesome life, though. :crush:
Hope you have a wrench, hyper potions, plaster, and spare Golurk seals.

Re: The "If Pokemon Were Real" thread

If Pokemon were real...

I would enroll in Pokemon Tech (you know, the 4-year school that allows you to go to the League without journeying for badges)
It may be difficult, but I will be able to reach the League

My Pokemon team should have been (if my region had to choose Kanto starters):

Charizard(my starter)
Linoone (first caught Pokemon)
Krookodile (I once caught a Sandile at the beach)
Floatzel (caught as a Buizel at the nearby river)
Porygon-Z (cause I am a computer maniac)
Electivire (caught as an Elekid from the neraby power plant)

Charizard to fly my everywhere and keep me warm, major partner.
Linoone to search for hidden treasures
Krookodile to lift heavy objects and underground getaways
Floatzel for sea transportation
PorygonZ for Internet surfing
Electivire for much needed electricity

Last edited:
I don't think I could leave home for too long at a time.

I would probably be a local trainer/crime fighter. All I'd need is a few unexpected (locally rare) Pokémon to train.

Good god, it would be all out bloody, f'ing war. Have any of you read the terrifying pokedex entries for some of the mons? In the immortal words of Seth Green, "Holy fucking ass crackers!". The ghost pokemon alone are enough to make me think the pokemon world is nothing but a constant waking nightmare for all involved. Translate that to the real world? I think I'd arm myself to the tooth in a bunker with one of the less scary psychic pokemon and never come out.

The ghost pokemon alone are enough to make me think the pokemon world is nothing but a constant waking nightmare for all involved.
I'd always sleep with a dark-type. too many ghost-types...
Yes, a Gengar would probably kill you and laugh. I'll be the first to admit that. They are terrifying. But, not every Ghost type hungers for your immortal soul. There are those who wouldn't hurt you--granted, they are few and far between but not every Ghost type is going to be a hideous monster hellbent on killing you.

And before you ask--yeah, I'd hang around the nonthreatening Ghosts. I mean, does this
622.gif
look like it would want to hurt you at all? Remeber: Golett is part Ghost but it and Golurk aren't the vicious sort.

This topic is one with many things to consider. I will not go into too much detail about it but I have written pages and pages about this stuff and I considered using it as a media project.

If Pokemon existed and came into being somehow there would, as this thread proves, an awful amount of people willing to take in pokemon and befriend them. However, something you have to take into consideration is the media's influence on this, and by media I mean the anime and games. The majority of pokemon fans would act in such a way towards pokemon simply because they've seen Ash, Red or some other figurehead act the same way and they understand that it is socially acceptable.

The sad fact is though that the majority of people on the planet and most probably all of the influential people don't watch Pokemon and therefore don't know what it is about or what is/n't socially acceptable in their Universe. If Pokemon did spontaneously appear in the world, extermination or containment of the pokemon would be unavoidable and that means most pokemon fans would conform or become fugitives and I know it's only hypothetical but let's be honest, when faced with a decision of your life, would you be willing to sacrifice yourself for a single pokemon? Would you? I know I said no.
I'm willing to take a bullet for my cat. I'm not kidding. If somebody were to try and hurt my Sammy, I would hurt them. And I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Now, I've said time and time again that I would take in any abandoned Golett or Golurk out there; if someone went after one of my "kids" I know for a fact that I'd go after them. If I'm willing to act as a living shield for my cat, you better damn well believe I'd do the exact same thing for a Golett. If it's in my care, then I'll do whatever it takes to protect it. No ifs, and or buts. With that said, there is something else that bothers me, something I hadn't considered until very recently.

Scientific experimentation.

We're dealing with creatures that can shoot fire, ice and electricity. There are plenty of "inquisitive" minds who would love to know how that may function. So what would they do? Pokemon vivisections. It would be nothing for a top scientist to slice open a Pikachu in order to study the internal workings or rip a Golurk to pieces in order to extract the energy from it. In that case, the phrase "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" may come into play and we may have to team up with an organization similar to PeTA in order to stop the slaughter. Not a pretty thought, believe me.

If Pokemon were real I'd raise a Sylveon and then take it to have the ribbon on its ear surgically removed...jk.

I'd probably raise a Persian and have it use Pay Day for hours so I will never have to work myself. :D

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom