• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Question about game progress.

I'm at a point in SS where I'm up against the Elite Four, and since I did fairly well in the earlier game, most of my pokemon are 1-3 levels shy of 40. Except my OP Alakazam, which is 43. Basically, I have no real place to level-grind, except the Elite Four. And believe me, it is boring as HECK. As a result, I am losing interest in the game, and probably won't even beat the Elite Four by the time I get Black (or White, whatever). I recently came to the realization that It isn't that hard to borrow level 100 pokemon here. So, the question is: Should I borrow a super-high level pokemon, break my morals, and cream the Elite Four with it so that I can actual do interesting stuff in the game now, or should I stick to my morals (beating the Elite Four fairly, with my team)?

The Johto portion of HeartGold and SoulSilver is way too short to justify the price of the games. If you're at the point where you're heavily considering just putting the game down, screw morality and just transfer your level 100 Pokemon.

OK, I have been powering up Pokemon for a while now and everytime I start I feed it 10 of each vitamin (and then it will only allow you 3 of the last vitamin you feed it) I also give the Pokemon PKRS. Is this the right way to be doing it? Does it make any difference? I just gave a new Politoed tons of vitamins and his levels are only increasing +2 each time.

Vitamins confuse me!

Hello, this is my first time in the forums here. I've been looking for some concrete information on the Dream World website, but all of the information I've found has either been frustratingly vague or frustratingly written-in-Japanese. These are my questions;

1. Is there going to be a separate website/part of the website for players stateside, or will they eventually have translations up on the website?

2. Is it actually open right now?

3. Can I go get Pokemon there despite not having either Black or White yet? (I think I heard something about this being possible but could easily be wrong.)

4. If I can go get Pokemon on the website right now, can I transfer them over to Black/White once those come out over here?

I'd greatly appreciate any info anyone has to offer. I apologize in advance if this info's somewhere I should have seen it already.

I can't seem to find this anywhere...

I'm playing Soul Silver and sometimes when I'm in a battle, I'll have several of my Pokeballs shaking. The Pokemon aren't inflicted with anything, they just shake. In some cases, I've had 3 going off at once.

Does anyone know why?

I'm playing Soul Silver and sometimes when I'm in a battle, I'll have several of my Pokeballs shaking. The Pokemon aren't inflicted with anything, they just shake. In some cases, I've had 3 going off at once.

Does anyone know why?

They are near leveling up... i think

I think he's asking whether or not there exists a pure-type Pokemon for every existing type. You know, how there wasn't a pure Flying-type before this generation, but now there is?

That's EXACTLY what I meant. (Sry about the wording)

Does anyone know why?

They are near leveling up... i think

Yup, they're near leveling up.

I was playing Heart Gold, and all of the berry trees that I've been to are empty, but the last time I played was a few days ago.

Should I be worried?

Hello, this is my first time in the forums here. I've been looking for some concrete information on the Dream World website, but all of the information I've found has either been frustratingly vague or frustratingly written-in-Japanese. These are my questions;

1. Is there going to be a separate website/part of the website for players stateside, or will they eventually have translations up on the website?

2. Is it actually open right now?

3. Can I go get Pokemon there despite not having either Black or White yet? (I think I heard something about this being possible but could easily be wrong.)

4. If I can go get Pokemon on the website right now, can I transfer them over to Black/White once those come out over here?

I'd greatly appreciate any info anyone has to offer. I apologize in advance if this info's somewhere I should have seen it already.

1. I'm sure there will be an English version when the time comes.

2. Yes

3. No, you need to have Black and White

4. No

If I use mist, then use a move like Overheat, do I still get the stat loss?

Mist on Bulbapedia This says it only prevents the opponent from cutting your stats.

Last edited:
If you ran into a wild pokemon, it knocks out one of yours, then you catch it, would it get the fainted pokémon's EV's?

If you ran into a wild pokemon, it knocks out one of yours, then you catch it, would it get the fainted pokémon's EV's?

A Pokemon only gets EVs when it gets experience. Wild Pokemon don't get experience.

Hey there! I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this, I'm sort of new to the forums, but if there iss then I apologize and would greatly appreciate being redirected. Thank you!

Anyways, I just got heartgold and I got a pokewalker, I don't even know where to start. What's the general opinion? Are they useful? Inconvenient? Easy/hard/annoying to use? If somebody can slightly explain it to me, that would be fantastic, thanks a lot!

Whenever you are able to store Pokemon in the PC (When you have 2 or more pokemon in your party) you can start using the Pokewalker. If you have an active lifestyle (Being a runner, walking at your job, etc.) then the Pokewalker is absolutely brilliant. When you aren't able to play Pokemon you just pick a Pokemon and go on a stroll with it.

Every step you take makes the Pokemon gain 1 EXP point. If you get enough steps the Pokemon inside the walker will level up. However, you are limited to gaining one level per stroll. You can also find items and capture pokemon. The more steps you take the more items you will gain. You also acquire watts when walking which unlock new courses to stroll on.

The pokewalker is very easy to use and I find it convenient when I am not able to play but I am walking/running. I just wish it was conceived at Platinum's release.

Btw, have you played any other Pokemon game before?

Of course I've played other pokemon games :] I have a ton of stuff on pearl, and haven't played in a few months, so I got HG and decided to play again. Sounds good because I'm pretty active, and only can play in my spare time (which sure is hard to come by)

Thanks so much for your help! Are there any cons to the pokepedometer?

You can only gain one level

You can only capture three Pokemon.

You can only bring one Pokemon

You can only get three items

Seeking pokemon and items uses up acquired Watts.

If a pokemon gains a level and that level is where it usually learns a new move, your pokemon will not learn that move. If you want that move then you will have to find a move re-learner. For example, Monferno learns Close Combat at level 36. If your level 35 Monferno went to level 36 while on a stroll you won't get Close Combat.

Ooh, thanks a lot! Still seems pretty cool, so ill probably bring my pokepedometer to physical training with me, hahaha. I'm kind of a closet uber nerd :] but aren't we all? (Just kidding please don't get offended, lol)

I was in the Johto safari zone, and I threw mud at a ditto. Instead of simply saying that the ditto was angry, it said that "it lost its head in anger!" or something. Is it any different from just it being angry? (I only threw mud at it once)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom