• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Breeding Advice (Drapion/Skorupi)

Obvious.
Just get a male scyther, level it up till it learns them, then breed it with a female drapion/skorupi.
Also, yanmega, gligar, gliscor and kabutops can all learn them both as well from level up.
However, Gligar, learns slash at level 34, and gliscor learns night slash at level 34 as well, so if you have a heart scale, and a razor fang, I'd reccommend them instead of scyther.

Re: Breeding Advice (Drapion/Skorupi)

Alright, that's what I thought. I didn't realize Gligar/Glisor get both of them, but it only saves me one level of work, so whatever =/

But yeah, is it worth it as a main?

Can someone tell me which Pokémon is next to Chillarmy in this picture?

Also, in the Distortion World, what cloak does Burmy change to and what does Secret Power do?
As far as I can tell, that's Tabunne.

Burmy, as far as I can remember, retains whatever cloak it had before it was taken into the Distortion World. I'm sorry, I honestly don't know what Secret Power does in the Distortion World.
Oops, I meant next to Tabunne. What is that green Pokémon on the right. So does anyone know what that is? Also, my question regarding Secret Power in the Distortion World stands, and now I also want to know what Nature Power does.

Let's say I RNG a Shiny Egg in Platinum and trade it over to my Soul Silver, when I hatch the egg in SS, will it still be shiny???

Let's say I RNG a Shiny Egg in Platinum and trade it over to my Soul Silver, when I hatch the egg in SS, will it still be shiny???

No. The egg will have your Platinum ID and SID, which it needs to be shiny. If you input the ID and SID for SoulSilver into the RNG Reporter and get the egg and trade it over, it will be shiny.

No. The egg will have your Platinum ID and SID, which it needs to be shiny. If you input the ID and SID for SoulSilver into the RNG Reporter and get the egg and trade it over, it will be shiny.
Yeah, just found out 5 minutes ago, my I traded a shiny egg to my lil' bro, he was happy that it was shiny when it hatched, but when he took a look at it, it wasn't shiny anymore, he was shocked xD

Here's a full explanation:

Those that trade Pokemon Eggs they confirmed to hatch shiny in their own game will notice that after Egg is traded to a different cart, the hatching sequence will birth a Shiny Pokemon. However, after the hatch sequence, it will not be shiny when view in the pokemon summary or in battle.

The reason for this is simple. It is no longer Shiny. To understand this, let go over the basics of how the game generates Shiny pokemon.

There are 3 IDs that the game uses to determine a Shiny, two of them you can not see in game. They are the Trainer ID (TID, you obviously can view this), the Secret ID (SID, you never see this), and the individual Pokemon ID (PID, again you never see this). If there is a correct combo of these three IDs, then a pokemon will be Shiny, wild or bred.

Because the wide number of possibilities of different IDs, shiny pokemons are rare. I think the chances of a pokemon to hatch share are 1/8192 under normal conditions However, if a person is able to discover their SID and understand how to RNG Abuse (I will not discuss how do to this here, please Google) then the person will be able to breed shinies at anytime.

However, even when confirmed to be shiny pokemon and then Soft-reset to a save point where the pokemon is still an Egg, it will no longer be shiny AFTER it hatches when traded. The reason for this is because the game generates the inherited TID and SID twice when dealing with bred pokemon, The first time when the Egg is given to the breeder, and second after the egg hatches. The reason for why the egg hatches shiny but loses it afterward when traded is because the Pokemon will inherit the Hatches TID and SID AFTER the egg finishes the hatching sequence and breaking the once valid TID, SID, and PID that the Egg had with its breeder.

In order to have a Traded Egg to hatch Shiny, the pokemon must have a valid TID,SID, and PID of the Hatch-er, NOT the breeder. The chances of this happening is the same as breeding pokemon, 1/8192 under normal conditions. If there person RNG abuse, and wants the Egg hatch shiny after trading it, the person will need to know the TID and SID of the Game that the Egg will be traded to. Once the Egg is traded, it will hatch normal in the hatching sequence, and not appear shiny. However, after the hatch sequence is finished, the game will assign the TID and SID of the Hatcher, and the pokemon will become Shiny.

Hi, i'm starting a new game in my pokemon pearl version. I've sent over all of my good pokemon, items and underground stuff to my platinum version. Is there anything else I should do before starting a new game.

Hi, i'm starting a new game in my pokemon pearl version. I've sent over all of my good pokemon, items and underground stuff to my platinum version. Is there anything else I should do before starting a new game.

I suppose that'd be up to you, but aside from the Pokemon I really don't think there's anything else of value that's tradeable.

Anyway, I know I should be smarter than to believe silly little rumors like this, but I'm curious... Has anyone managed to find the spirit of a little boy in the Old Chateau? I heard he's only in Platinum, but I don't know. I realize it's probably bullshit, but it really doesn't hurt to ask.

Links, or especially a pic or video would be very appreciated if possible.

Oh, I misread, i thought it was little girl.

No, I don't think the little boy exist.

Which of the three elemental punch moves should I give to my Aipom to give the most coverage? I was thinking ThunderPunch and Ice Punch, for good ol' Boltbeam; but I know very little about this kind of thing (something that comes in the vein of competitive battling). Any help appreciated. :)

In the Battle Frontier and Tower, if your Pokemon is over level 50, it's level is brought down to level 50. Likewise, it's stats are reduced.

How are the stats calculated when reduced? Is it whatever the Pokemon's stats were at level 50, or something else?

I think it's the stats they'd have at that level with their IVs and EVs kept intact. My Typhlosion had worse speed than the one belonging to Cal, for example, most likely due to the fact that I didn't EV train it (and it has bad IVs).

To quote from Yahoo answers:

"94000130 FFDB0000
B2101D40 00000000
20000094 00000000
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FFEB0000
B2101D40 00000000
20000094 00000001
D2000000 00000000

//Select + Left for Boy, Select + Right for Girl."

It's a pokemon gender change code.

So many things wrong with this answer. For example, WHERE DO I PUSH THE BUTTONS, and WHEN? If someone has experience with this, please let me know. Oh, also don't worry about me using cheats like 999 master balls, those are cheap I know. The only code I'm using as of right now is to change the nickname of a poke you got in a trade.

To quote from Yahoo answers:

"94000130 FFDB0000
B2101D40 00000000
20000094 00000000
D2000000 00000000
94000130 FFEB0000
B2101D40 00000000
20000094 00000001
D2000000 00000000

//Select + Left for Boy, Select + Right for Girl."

It's a pokemon gender change code.

So many things wrong with this answer. For example, WHERE DO I PUSH THE BUTTONS, and WHEN? If someone has experience with this, please let me know. Oh, also don't worry about me using cheats like 999 master balls, those are cheap I know. The only code I'm using as of right now is to change the nickname of a poke you got in a trade.

You sure you want to use this code? It'll probably ruin the Pokemon's legitimacy.

Anyway, I'd assume either on its stats page, or when highlighted in your party. But I honestly do not know.

For future reference, it'd be more appropriate (and you'd get a better response) to ask such questions here.

You sure you want to use this code? It'll probably ruin the Pokemon's legitimacy.

Anyway, I'd assume either on its stats page, or when highlighted in your party. But I honestly do not know.

For future reference, it'd be more appropriate (and you'd get a better response) to ask such questions here.

I appreciate the response. But alas, I tried everything I can think of, on the overworld, on the menu, when the poke is highlighted, on its stats page, in the box, everything.

I'll finish the rest of the question on the other thread, but thanks for the replay anyways, it's much appreciated.

Um, not quite sure where else to put this, but how do I create a poll thread?

Check at the bottom of the page before you submit the new thread. It should show poll options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom