• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I migrate a pokemon from my emerald cart to a 4th gen game, can I find my emerald SID on the 4th gen game anyway at all? I will download pokesav if I need to, I just need directions for it, I have an action replay dsi if there is a code, and a gameshark sp, if anyone knows a code for that. Thanks.

Just making sure...

If a Pokemon with Levitate, let's say Flygon, uses Dig, and a Donphan uses Earthquake, does Flygon still receive damage from the Earthquake? And is Earthquake's Power x2?

Immune to Ground is still immune, even if they are underground, as far as I am aware. Might not make a lot of sense, but thems the breaks.

Immune to Ground is still immune, even if they are underground, as far as I am aware. Might not make a lot of sense, but thems the breaks.

The same goes for Charizard who also can Dig and is immune to Ground.

Thats kinda taken as read, given that Charizard is part Flying type, so immune to ground. The Pokemon that can use Dig but are unaffected by Earthquake (and Magnitude and Fissure) are Charizard, Ledyba, Ledian, Gligar, Gliscor, Ninjask, Aaken, Akeosu, Randorosu, Vibrava, Flygon, Claydol, and Baltoy.

can some one tell me the best way to catch a kangaskhan in LG? i'm going to use it, but it's damn hard to catch....

Yeah, I had to reset like crazy to catch those bastards (Kan, Tauros, Chansey >_>) on FR for the Pokedex. V_V

Why the hell did they remove the latter from the wild, dammit? Such assholes...

Will Taunt prevent a roaming Pokemon from fleeing?

Nope. Fleeing isn't an attack.

If you're trying to catch a roamer, you can find a Golbat in every single main series game (barring Black and White, of course). Simply catch a high leveled one with Mean Look (they're fast enough to outspeed the roamers before they flee).

If you can find one, Wobbuffet is even better at trapping roamers thanks to Shadow Tag and its high defenses.

What exactly causes the games internal battery to die out? Is it the amount of time you play it or how old it is? One of either my ruby or sapphire (can't remember which) now says that time based events will not occur as the battery has run out, the other one though, and my emerald which I played far more, are still fine.

I'm starting to worry as I've clocked up ridiculous amounts of hours on my Heart Gold this year (close to 400) and I'm terrified of something happening to it, to the point I'm almost thinking of buying SS just to transfer everything to...am I being paranoid?

The batteries only die out in the Johto games and Ruby and Sapphire, making the clock freeze in the latter and depriving the ability to save altogether in the former. Before that happens, though, there will be signs like the timer not displaying the correct day and time, while FRLG and Emerald sometimes can fix the so-called "Berry Glitch," from what I remember. My FR and LG didn't work on one of my Sapphires, though.

Also, see here.

The batteries only die out in the Johto games and Ruby and Sapphire, making the clock freeze in the latter and depriving the ability to save altogether in the former. Before that happens, though, there will be signs like the timer not displaying the correct day and time, while FRLG and Emerald sometimes can fix the so-called "Berry Glitch," from what I remember. My FR and LG didn't work on one of my Sapphires, though.

Also, see here.

Ah, thanks. I remember reading about the berry glitch some years ago now. I can rest easy until the time comes to transfer to B/W then! =)

Does Roserade have any coverage against its weaknesses? If not I will just have it be a toxic spikes user.

Does Roserade have any coverage against its weaknesses? If not I will just have it be a toxic spikes user.

Hidden Power [Rock] deals with Fire, Flying and Ice types. Shadow Ball handles Psychic types. That said, you're probably better off using Roserade in a position where she doesn't have to sweep (leading with her, absorbing Poison Status and Toxic Spikes, Hazard user, status inducer, etc) since her coverage and typing aren't exactly the best.

Hidden Power [Rock] deals with Fire, Flying and Ice types. Shadow Ball handles Psychic types. That said, you're probably better off using Roserade in a position where she doesn't have to sweep (leading with her, absorbing Poison Status and Toxic Spikes, Hazard user, status inducer, etc) since her coverage and typing aren't exactly the best.

That's what I thought, thanks. I don't have the IV's for HP rock. Every Psychic pokemon that's a threat outspeeds Roserade anyway and would murder her before she had a chance to shadow ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom