• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that make you cry

I actually almost never cry. Animal and human suffer makes me sad though.

Something that really gets me teary is when an innocent person gets tortured... it really touches me...

i loathe to admit it, but i can be reduced to tears pretty often. and for the most part they aren't manly tears. it doesn't help that i think crying is weak either :|

i don't cry at just anything, though. i've gotten better at hiding that sort of thing, and now i only cry at home or if something really bad happened. most of my friends can't believe i've cried before/am capable of crying, and that's how i want it to be.

as for things that make me cry...i don't know, i sometimes burst into tears when i'm all alone and think about scary things, haha. i have serious issues with feeling safe.

-When someone physically harms me to the point that I am bruised and/or bleeding profusely.
-When I listen to the album Sea Change sometimes, early in the morning.

When I was a kid I cried all the time like most kids do. When I was like 8 or 9 I resolved to not cry anymore.

Since then I have cried on two occasions.
1) When my best friend died.
2) When my mom was diagnosed with MS.

Theres some songs that make me cry (not in the OMG ITS SO BEAUTIFUL sapsapsap way) because they remind me of my mom, but I try not to cry often.

Try. >_>

I've decided on death, extreme pain, sad movies (only sometimes =P) and other people's extreme sadness.

I just hate to cry because I think it's a weak thing, but I do tend to cry sometimes. Usually after I see someone important to me crying. Like my friends or my mom.

But what about happy tears? The only time it happened to me was when my brother came home with a kitty on his hands, saying that that cutey black cat was his birthday present to me, as my first pet ever.

geez, all these people saying they hardly ever cry... i end up crying like once a day. i'm a very emotional person, okay? :x

tv shows/anime, movies, books/manga, music, pretty artwork, random sad memories, nostalgia, etc. etc. i cry over practically everything. ;A;
it's actually very stress relieving... sometimes. it can get kind of annoying at other times, like when i'm in school or out in public and i think of something sad and suddenly i'm all choked up. :|
but yeah. i don't think crying is necessarily a sign of weakness... though it might be in my case. /is pathetic

Don't worry, Zel, I cry almost 24/7 too xD Whenever I'm scared/sad/extermely happy/stressed out/etc. Mostly when I'm stressed out I guess, or when people are angry with me or each other (I just can't stand fights somehow, everyone should just be nice to each other ;-))
I do hate it when other people see me cry ¬¬

I cry manly tears when at a funeral or such.

I was watching the first Pokemon movie the other day. It was the first time I'd watched any movie or anime in like 7 years I think. Anyway towards the end when Ash got turned to stone with all the music beforehand and Pikachu shocking him... fuck. But I was NOT going to let the first time I'd ever cried in a movie be Pokemon, so I sucked it up.

Um, I dunno. I guess if someone is really mean to me. I don't cry often at all anymore, but thats what would do it.

I cry at little things, but not big things.

I cry if my parents say something.

I cry if I listen to music, and try and think behind the words.

I cry about If there is going to be an after life.

I cry after reading really sad fanfics :(

I cry at just about anything silly. But nothing serious like deaths

I wouldn't consider crying to be weak, per se.

After all, there are different types of crying (from a psychological standpoint).

I'll try to make a short summary.

As people grow older, they have a greater sense of pride - in other words, they will themselves to cry less. An adult would probably not cry over spilled milk, but probably would if

1) He got mugged or she got raped (pain, humiliation, fear, etc)
2) A moving story, a deep thought-provoking or otherwise extremely well made piece of art or music, or as some users have said, cute animals. In other words, a deep respect, admiration, and appreciation.
3) Compassion - as some users have said, seeing suffering. Heck, those charities like to manipulate people by using this aspect of human emotion (you know, pictures of skin-and-bones children in Africa).

For some people, this makes them feel worse (this could be worsened by disorders); for others, better (results improve if comforted by other humans).

Either way, crying is natural. I don't consider it weak, but I personally wouldn't want to cry in public. Unless, of course, the situation called for it (e.g. someone close to me dies).

Okay, looking back, some of my explanations don't seem to make much sense...

I cry:
-When I get upset
-When I overreact
-When I'm on the losing end of an argument
-When people (especially my caretaker) say that I'm too old for Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom