• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

"oh breeding's too easy now, it used to take some skill!"
And this is what I have to say to those kinds of people:
Pfft, breeding never required "skill," just some know-how (ie guides or websites), patience, and waaaaay too much time on your hands.

A lot of people bypass the whole process via online battle simulators anyways. Some just wanna compete and strategize, and cycling around the island with a teamfull of Eggs is a slow grind.

To be fair, Pokemon is sort of like Sonic in this regard. No matter what they do, Someone's not gonna like it, the fanbase is too broken on these sorts of things.

Really, that's something that's true of every franchise, some fan somewhere is going to dislike what they're doing, it's unavoidable. But there are ways to please multiple factions of the fanbase and maximize their audience, and that's something Game Freak doesn't seem to understand. You can streamline something and make it easier for casuals to accomplish it without removing the skill and content that made it good in the first place.

About the egg thing, there could be a feature where you send it off to some random person to surprise them. Maybe like a free egg everyday that opens straight away, but it comes from another person. Like the chests in Clash Royale?

A wonder trade for eggs would be incredible. OR something similar to the Egg Roulette from Gen IV. Any way to swap eggs with someone would be great

It's a nice idea, but what if you swapped an egg that has a shiny Pokemon in it and you don't know that it's a shiny?

It's a nice idea, but what if you swapped an egg that has a shiny Pokemon in it and you don't know that it's a shiny?
Well, then it sucks to be you. That's a risk you take whenever you trade eggs. (It can be done in standard trades, you just need the other person to be willing)

Relating to my previous idea of challenging Gym Leaders in any order, the wild Pokémon on each island would get stronger based on how many badges you got. So the nearby island would have Pokémon at levels 2-4, but if that island became Gym Leader number 8, then they would be about 50-53.

They probably won't make any berry trees more fertile initially, but that'd help with the single-use damage berries (babri, etc.) a bit. For example, putting two on the tress initially would get me to replant them immediately. Also, the berries that restore HP but cause confusion if hated should be merged.

Last edited:
Also, the berries that restore HP but cause confusion if hated should be merged.
Speaking of which, why do they heal so little? Sitrus Berry heals twice as much and without the potential side effects ... how about a berry that heals 33% but has a 50% chance of confusing the user (or 100% if they hate the flavor) ?

A percentage healing berry would be pretty good. Depending on their nature? I don't know.

^ Not sure on how that's going to work. I like the sitrus berry that way it is unless it buffed some.

I actually want Pokemon Amie to make a return (maybe under a different name 'cuz the French doesn't exactly work anymore), I love playing around with my Pokemon in that cute little park with bubbles and rainbows.

Nothing to do with gameplay, but I really hope for a beautiful ending like ORAS had. Something that shows off my Pokemon and a lot of the things I did with them during the story. Though I don't see it as likely since it was mainly do to the original RS having a similar ending with the photos and everything, I still hope for something similar.

Well, the one receiving the egg wouldn't hatch it as a shiny when it would have been shiny if you hatched it. That is because shininess is in part based on your Trainer ID.

I have learned this the hard way: before Platinum came out I was breeding for a shiny Eevee to take on my journey in the new game. I hatched the shiny on my Pearl and reset the game to trade the egg to Platinum unhatched. Then in the new game I hatched the Eevee and it was shiny on the hatching screen, but as soon as I opened up the summary screen, it was regular. I screamed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Well, the one receiving the egg wouldn't hatch it as a shiny when it would have been shiny if you hatched it. That is because shininess is in part based on your Trainer ID.

I have learned this the hard way: before Platinum came out I was breeding for a shiny Eevee to take on my journey in the new game. I hatched the shiny on my Pearl and reset the game to trade the egg to Platinum unhatched. Then in the new game I hatched the Eevee and it was shiny on the hatching screen, but as soon as I opened up the summary screen, it was regular. I screamed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Oh man, that sucks. I had actually flirted with a similar idea for Platinum myself but I never had the chance to complete the MM on Pearl to do it. I'm really glad I didn't.

Last night I dreamed that instead of randomly finding Mega Stones, we had the chance to excavate them. It was a cool little minigame, similar to the Underground in Gen IV and when you found a Stone, you got to see it up close and personal and read all its info before it went into your bag. It was actually really fun. Unfortunately, in my case I kinda dug up a Golurkinite and woke up with my stomach in knots because I was so danged happy... =/

But I'd like something like that this time around. Instead of random "Oh here's your Mega Stone over here" we have to do a little work. I'd find that kind of fun.

Some of the things I would like to see are basically just cosmetic touches. Like:

- If we're going to have an equivalent feature to the Pokemon PR videos of XY, let us use all of our Pokemon's animations, not just their Pokemon-Amie animations.

- More Pokemon animations just in general. Say, a critical-health standing/idle animation (most RPGs have these already). Maybe even a little victory animation (against wild Pokemon only). Or -- and I'm going to take a cue from Shin Megami Tensei here -- if a Pokemon gets flinched by an attack, then instead of the normal recoil animation maybe they're actually knocked down, and when the "flinched and cannot move" message appears they are shown standing back up. And multi-hit moves need their attack animation to play at least once, too.

- Take a cue from Stadium and give individual Pokemon of the same species slight variances in appearance from each other, like different tints to their color scheme. Nothing significant enough to warrant notation by the Pokedex (unlike being shiny).

- Vulpix hatched from an Egg should display only one tail, with each additional tail (up to 6) appearing as it levels up. (Wild Vulpix always have six tails.)

For some reason Mega Alakazam is the only Mega to have a BST increase of 90 instead of 100, which I think was just an oversight by the development team. Between Gen V and VI, a few Pokemon got a BST increase, including Alakazam, going from 490 to 500. Mega Alakazam, however, only has a BST of 590 so I am thinking that they based this increase off of Alakazam's Gen V stats and not its Gen VI stats.

For Sun and Moon, I want Mega Alakazam to have the full 100 BST, with the extra 10 points in Special Defense (since that's where they seem to have wanted to put it), bringing it up to 105.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom