• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

Why in the world is Pinsir NOT a Fighting/Bug type!? I mean, look at it's moveset! :mad::complain::argue::banghead:
(and I'm done :drool:)

Having critical captures fail is not unheard of and is actually quite common.
It was also against a Pawniard. Oh, and both CCs were against the same Pokemon, I believe.

More recently, I was playing the Regi trio sidequest on my extremely old Sapphire. Registeel came in two balls (the first of which was already 2 shakes), and with slight difficulty I was able to nab Regirock in a normal Pokeball (second time I've ever done that).

But then the last bastard ate up 30 of my balls per battle (at under 10 HP whilst paralyzed), and because I was in a hurry I even accidentally ran from it. So I went back to Rustboro and got me some Repeat balls and Timer balls (curse Gen 3 for lacking Dusk... V_V). Bastard ate through all of them, too, and it was a regular old Ultraball that caught it in the end.

I was EV training a Vaporeon the other day, on Route 4, in the water, against the Frillish. I accidentially go into a rippling patch of water and find an Alomomola. There are times when I see a wild Pokemon and go "meh, why not?" This was one of those times. So I throw a Heal Ball at the Alomomola- CRITICAL CAPTURE! And it fails. That's not the "Wait! What?" part, though. This is; I threw another Heal Ball- THIS one was also a Critical Capture, and it succeeded.

Also, finding out that the odds of a Critical Capture are based on your Pokedex completion. Glad my essentially completed National Pokedex serves a purpose!

Not so much finding out that shaking grass can't appear until after you win the Trio Badge. After spending two hours trying to get an Audino to appear on Route 1. That was more of a "That explains a lot/FUUUUUUU" moment.

With a mustache.

Wait, having a completed pokedex helps out with critical captures? Weird.

Shuppet evolves by level up, not by trading while holding a Reaper Cloth? I've been living a lie. o_o

Skuntank learns Flamethrower after evolving. And it learns Explosion via level up. o_O

Wild Gulpin sometimes hold Big Pearls.

"Alright, I finally bred the perfect Lotad with Rain Dish and Modest Nature! Now, I just have to teach it Rain Dance, Giga Drain and Leech-- Wait, what? Lombre only learns Leech Seed through Breeding?"

And then I was sad.

taio said:
My Golem got OHKO.
By Grass Knot.
... Inside a building.
._.
I wouldn't really say that's a "Wait, what?" moment - Golem is 4x weak against Grass moves, and quite heavy, which is how Grass Knot determines its power. Being in a building had nothing to do with it.

I know that. But how can you do a knot with grass if you are in a building? There is no grass there.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom