• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wait! what? Moments

My personal "Wait! What?" moment: I was battling to level up my Togepi in platinum, not paying much attention, when I saw this line:
"Togepi used Roar of Time!"
I'm pretty sure my mouth fell open as I stared at the screen in disbelief watching my little level 16 Togepi use Roar of Time.
I had never expected Metronome to come out with a move like that. I didn't think it was possible.

My personal "Wait! What?" moment: I was battling to level up my Togepi in platinum, not paying much attention, when I saw this line:
I'm pretty sure my mouth fell open as I stared at the screen in disbelief watching my little level 16 Togepi use Roar of Time.
I had never expected Metronome to come out with a move like that. I didn't think it was possible.
Mine used Shadow Force, but damn man, you're lucky!

I had my Togepi use Judgment before the existence of Arceus was officially released.

Learning Parasect can learn Aerial Ace.

Seriously, how?

If you look very closely at Parasect you might notice that it actually has
huge sharp claws

Believe it or not but Parasect can acually slice it's foe with these.
That's how.

I saw a Staravia whose IV total was... 33.

That made me sad. Poor creature, has to be heavily bullied by its partners in the wild...

In my Gold version, ten years ago, I was battling a Sunkern with Togepi to train him. I looked away. When I looked back, I had a Sunkern. It screwed with my mind, especially, when I ran from the battle and looked at my party and there was no Sunkern in my party, but my Togepi!

Obviously it used Transform from a Metronome, but.. I had no idea.

Mine used Shadow Force, but damn man, you're lucky!

Lol, mine used Spatial Rend! In the Ilex Forest. At level 5. That Caterpie went down painfully.

When my Chattot used Metronone and used Splash, not only does Splash completely suck but just imagining a Chattot flipping and flopping around on the ground......

Battling a parasol lady on Route 13, I send out Volcarona & she starts off with Surskit. I use Fly, Surskit Baton Passes to Seaking. Now I realize the AI is supposed to be "dumbed Down" for regular trainers, but what the parasol lady did just takes the cake; she had Seaking use Soak on my Volcarona (after it finished flying), then proceeded to get two Waterfalls in before I killed it. to sum it up, wait! what?

Someone in the GTS Negotiations offering me a Level 100 Shiny Typhlosion in a Master Ball for my Level 4 Shiny Shinx.

I'm pretty sure it was hacked, and why wouldn't you hack a Shinx if you are willing to hack anyway?

Seeing my first and only wild shiny pokémon being a Sewaddle (apart from the Red Gyarados), which I caught in Black version, after starting to be able to see shiny pokémon in Crystal version. I trained it to a Levanny but eventually left it in the PC because I wanted to continue using Servine which is also a grass type pokémon. Also my Togepi in Soul Silver has used Sacred Fire by Metronome.

In Gen 3 I didn't know that the move Endeavor's power was based on the amount of HP a pokemon has lol. I was battling a Swellow in the game (can't remember if it was a trainer or battle frontier) and I had a Lvl. 100 Jolteon against this weak pokemon.

I used Thunder and the Swellow was holding a Focus Band I believe and used Endeavor after surviving my attack. I thought HA! what's that gonna do against my buffed up Jolteon rofl. When my Jolteon's HP got down to 1 my jaw dropped to the floor thinking there must be some mistake. I then proceeded to use thunderbolt and the Swellow used quick attack o_O ROFL

I was like WTF?! But of course I found out afterwoods and headbutted the wall lol.

Last edited:
Someone in the GTS Negotiations offering me a Level 100 Shiny Typhlosion in a Master Ball for my Level 4 Shiny Shinx.

I'm pretty sure it was hacked, and why wouldn't you hack a Shinx if you are willing to hack anyway?
That has to be one of the worst hacks ever, considering anything that isn't caught in the wild or received via events is pretty much bound to a regular Pokeball.

Never tried running to hatch eggs, but DAMN is it a bother to bike around the Kanto region for like 4 hours for those few Pokemon that require 10,000+ steps in games prior to Emerald.

Also on the subject of hatching, the fire moth egg somehow hatched faster than a Charmander for me. Lolwut?

Walking around in Lavaridge Town's hotspring doesn't help eggs hatch faster?
Tropius isn't legendary?
Pressing "release" means letting it go forever instead of into my party?

...wow I made a bunch of mistakes at age 9...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom