• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia War of the Super-Men: Endgame, Town Victory

Deku already clarified no one randomly loses kryptonite. It had to be willingly given up. The only ones who wouldn’t be willing to would be those that have roles that need the kryptonite to work. This will probably mostly be mafia who need it for the nightkill. Maybe a few town roles need it too like vig and bomb.

unvote:Officer snake
Vote: dawning winds

The host said everyone starts with 1 kryptonite, yet you magically don’t. Seems odd to me.

No, I don't.
I have no idea why I don't have Kryptonite, but it states directly in my role PM that I start with zero pieces.
No reason at all was given in your PM? You have no guess whatsoever?
Vote: Funnier

: )

: (
Sup Poy
@Poyzin React with Lapras to this post if you;re saying you have a post restriction.

Also: If this is a post restriction and you're gonna be doing this all game then I hate this.
What were the posts like that got deleted?
Vote: Midorikawa

Always a good idea to try to get rid of active Town members so early.
You realize you forgot to bold?

In this game, that doesn't change. No one may die in this game without another user giving up their Kryptonite. This means that a lynch can't go through if no one on the wagon has kryptonite. Either a player may volunteer (in their role PM) to give up their Kryptonite,
Can somebody explain what the point of Kryptonite is?

1. How do I volunteer Kryptonite? In-thread or Role PM?

2. What strategy does it add to the game?

3. Can somebody have more than one Kryptonite?

4. If yes, then what is the point? How does Town benefit from having multiple Kryptonite? What harm can Mafia do with more Kryptonite?

5. What is the point of Kryptonite’s lynch preventive abilities on the player if they can just volunteer it themselves and be able to lynch?
I think the main thing that irks me about this is that some of the answers you were looking for are clearly outlined in the OP and have been there for weeks

So its just like

Why would you not look there first?

I'm not really understanding how you signed up for this game without reading the rules and then after having questions about the rules continue to not read them and instead of asking the mod post them directly in the thread for other players to do your homework for you

I just didn't get the impression that you're the type of person who does that so this is super weird to me

I'd really like some input from others on what you're like since my impressions seem to be way off base

I absolutely love your avatar though

I checked again and it isn’t in my Role PM!!
Oh, so they become Voteless... So if the Mafia has all the Kryptonite, then it’s almost GG for Town?
that’s why there is a limited amount of kills... wait so there is no giving of kryptonite...??
Also if somebody has lots of kryptonite and they die... does that get lost??
I dunno it sounds like you're not sure what's going on and that's making me confused and I need this confirmed by the host.
Lone says what I was thinking, there’s so much double question marks and aaaaaaa kind of stuff that I’m at a loss as to how to approach this
When I asked about it during sign-ups, Deku said the Mafia need Kryptonite to nightkill
Spews juice

if that’s true I think it’s pretty certain that mafia have the ability to steal Kryptonite because that was extremely short sighted

I have absolutely zero clue why Deku would restrict scum to three night kills maybe if none of them die so I bet (hope) that they have some other way of obtaining it

The host said everyone starts with 1 kryptonite, yet you magically don’t. Seems odd to me

Others have already come out and said that they haven't started with Kryptonite.

I'd really like some input from others on what you're like since my impressions seem to be way off base

HD is a strong-willed, committed player who takes no shit. He acted similar in Gen 4 mafia asking the host about mechanics and stuff during the game. It makes sense to do so in games with unique mechanics.

What would I even get from lying about that?
I think if you’re mafia there’s a good reason to pretend to have no kryptonite since no one will expect you to use yours for the lynch because you (don’t have any)

Not that I think you’re scum but that’s a reason that occurred to me

Others have already come out and said that they haven't started with Kryptonite.

Wait never mind, just kidding. I saw this:

I'm gonna disagree with this reasoning because it also is not mentioned in my PM.

and misinterpreted it as Lone not having Kryptonite, whereas he's actually talking about how to volunteer Kryptonite not being stated in his role PM.

yea it kinda becomes a trusting game
Ex are you scum
.... Ho?

So if the Mafia has no Kryptonite - then they can not kill somebody.

What stops Town from continuously No Lynching till the Mafia uses all of it? Feels like this has actually already been considered and there might be a Kryptonite thief. In that case, saying you do not have Kryptonite might be a bad idea.
I don’t see why it should be a bad idea when the thief of course won’t know if you’re lying
Ehh. I feel like only 1 and 3 are host answerable questions, and they're questions I already asked in my Role PM, but decided to ask again to help make it more clear in-thread. 2, 4 and 5 have things players have to figure out themselves, and I don't think hosts are allowed to give strategy advice? It's good to talk about new mechanics to help clear up how they work to everyone, so when applied, we don't risk making bad moves from ignorance, and it seems that it wasn't just me with these questions. I'm kind of surprised that so many players posted before me but only talked about it in note from DawningWinds claiming he didn't have one.
That’s a lil better, but we for the strategy question it’s not really beyond the mod to be like, hey, this is what it’s used for, which basically tells you what sort strategy it requires
if he posts in thread, the host answers in thread, giving the information to the entire town
That’s not quite how that works, especially if you notice that he was not asking the mod, he did not ping the mod, he was asking the thread

I’m generally not okay with answering mechanic questions in thread as a mod unless it’s something relevant that wasn’t already in the rules but that’s neither here nor there

What I was really getting at was how he joined this game without knowing anything about the mechanics despite the mechanics being in the OP

It doesn’t seem particularly relevant anymore but that’s what was bothering me

Neither.

That could be possible, or, maybe the nightkill is what steals the Kryptonite? It would make sense considering a dead Superman would have no way of stopping his Kryptonite from being taken, and the Mafia would most likely want to replace the Kryptonite they used to kill said Superman, and it would allow for the Mafia to continue nightkilling even if one member died.

...That probably makes no sense and is most likely wrong anyway.
That actually makes a lot of sense to me and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true

Also how long have you been playing? I don’t think we’ve met
HD is a strong-willed, committed player who takes no shit. He acted similar in Gen 4 mafia asking the host about mechanics and stuff during the game. It makes sense to do so in games with unique mechanics.
Yeah that’s what I thought, seemed like an entirely different personality than what I was thinking of

And yes of course asking the host about mechanics is going to happen but the way he did it raised a lot of questions for me

Sorry if I’m coming across kinda rude I feel like I am and we’ve barely started so wanna get that straight for when I really start sounding rude >__>

It’s nice to see you all again

Sorry wasn't aware the game had started. You're not mafia are you funnier? For not letting me know it had because you didn't want me around to catch you? :annoyedVoltorb: Lol.

I just read through the thread but it was a lot of dragged out mechanics talk. I'll comment on stuff later when I'm more awake.

I spelled out my opening messages using only punctuation and numbers. My #50 was a byproduct of it.

Figured I'd add that it was a dumb post and that no real information was lost. Unless there was, then whoopsie : P

I'm trying to decide if I want to rate everybody's openings, so maybe I'll get around to it.

Kryptnite Explained..... Again
Since people seem confused about Kryptonite, I will list off its mechanics again:
  • Generally, Kryptonite must be consumed to kill. There are some times when this is not the case, but generally for the most part this is assumed to be true unless stated otherwise.
  • In order for a lynch to occur, someone on the wagon must offer up their Kryptonite as a collateral. If nobody offers up such Kryptonite, then the wagon is forfit, and the next-longest wagon will occur - assuming someone has offered up their Kryptonite for that wagon.
  • While a person without Kryptonite can't seal the wagon, their votes are still counted.
  • The mafia nightkill relies on Kryptonite as well. A mafioso may not kill unless they have Kryptonite as well.
  • You may not give your Kryptonite to other players. Redistribution can only be done by certain roles.
  • It is possible for a single player to have multiple pieces of Kryptonit
If I forgot to answer any questions, tag me and I'll edit this post.

Last edited:
That could be possible, or, maybe the nightkill is what steals the Kryptonite? It would make sense considering a dead Superman would have no way of stopping his Kryptonite from being taken, and the Mafia would most likely want to replace the Kryptonite they used to kill said Superman, and it would allow for the Mafia to continue nightkilling even if one member died.

No, no! That more plausible than what I said!

You realize you forgot to bold?

Was on mobile, but I don't really feel like changing the vote so

VOTE: Midorikawa

I think the main thing that irks me about this is that some of the answers you were looking for are clearly outlined in the OP and have been there for weeks

So its just like

Why would you not look there first?

I'm not really understanding how you signed up for this game without reading the rules and then after having questions about the rules continue to not read them and instead of asking the mod post them directly in the thread for other players to do your homework for you

I just didn't get the impression that you're the type of person who does that so this is super weird to me

I absolutely love your avatar though

I did! But the more I kept on thinking about how it would make sense, the more I got confused and wanted to know if I was alone on it. I expect to know more about the mechanic while playing the game, but while actually thinking of how to play the game, I got more questions than answers.

Thanks! best lord

I don’t see why it should be a bad idea when the thief of course won’t know if you’re lying

Not at this point though, with the host saying everyone has Kryptonite. Up to them if they think DawningWinds is lying or not.

That actually makes a lot of sense to me and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true

Also how long have you been playing? I don’t think we’ve met

This is his third game, and he claimed Cop Day 1 in his first game with... not a lot of pressure to be completely honest. In his second game, he was Town again, and I got the same vibe he was Town trying to solve the game in his first.

In this game, I don't see first time Mafia him pulling a tactic that he doesn't have Kryptonite. Obviously he could still really be Mafia without Kryptonite or an Independent, but that would mean he isn't lying, and if he is one of both, he just got attention on himself that I don't see first time Mafia him, or even Independent him, doing to get so much attention on him which could make him slip.

That's why Midorikawa's vote on him is strange, because she was in all games with him and I would think she would reflect more on him before voting him just because he claims to not have it.

Yeah that’s what I thought, seemed like an entirely different personality than what I was thinking of

And yes of course asking the host about mechanics is going to happen but the way he did it raised a lot of questions for me

Sorry if I’m coming across kinda rude I feel like I am and we’ve barely started so wanna get that straight for when I really start sounding rude >__>

I don't think we've played together before? I'm guessing you are from Zelda Dungeon? because you have zelda in your avatar I've only started playing again recently.

No, it's fine, honestly I think I might have overstepped my own boundaries as a player because I did not mean to paint Dekunut as an incompetent host in any way!

Unvote

I guess the game started to get some momentum, lemme catch up

@Poyzin React with Lapras to this post if you;re saying you have a post restriction.
Just to give a quick meta so we don't waste time on him

He creates a quirky persona every game, it will never be a post restriction
He's as hyperactive and demented as me and as crazy as ereshkigal basically
He also does stupid shit like hammering himself as town and really believing it helps us

“Either a player may volunteer (in their role PM) to give up their Kryptonite, or one will be randomly chosen to do so. “
Deku errated this, he made a post specifically saying that this is wrong and that if noone volunteers no kill will happen

.... Ho?

So if the Mafia has no Kryptonite - then they can not kill somebody.

What stops Town from continuously No Lynching till the Mafia uses all of it? Feels like this has actually already been considered and there might be a Kryptonite thief. In that case, saying you do not have Kryptonite might be a bad idea.
Sounds like a massive overlook, I feel like Mafia has a way to refill their Kryptonite somehow to avoid this.
I do agree that not having a kryptonite from the start might be a red flag that has to be considered in case anyone loses their for no apparent reason.

Vote: Lone

Been a while fren
is this a RVS vote

I can see this making sense
but if that's the case we get pretty cornered, do we claim to have used the krypto for the lynches?
If we do scum can just kill whoever still has them and leave us without a Day lynch really early on; if we don't we risk wasting a day phase or multiple kryptos in one

this is gonna be a headache won't it

he's kinda of a cocky douche that likes to jump to conclusions or do mildly reckless plays ngl
but he plays well and is somewhat woke

Ex are you scum
no but I know your paranoia won't let you believe me lmfao

some people don't seem to be understanding how the krypto works
I see deku posted something explaining but I'm too lazy to read and will throw my take here anyway and sorry if it's wrong lmfao

from what I understood everything happens normally, but you need to weaken the superman to get the kill through

it's like
you try to hang superman during the day lynches
it's fucking supermand the rope will just snap

and if you try to fucking shoot superman
like, the bullet will like just bounce off

you gotta "humanify" him to make them killable, but the actions will go through even if you don't

he's kinda of a cocky douche that likes to jump to conclusions or do mildly reckless plays ngl
but he plays well and is somewhat woke

like being the cop and faking a scum check on the godfather despite being roleblocked

oh, and i'm only ever close to being a cocky douche to mafia who have tried to get rid of me in some way

Also, all my conclusions are reasoned conclusions - They might not always be right, but they didn't come out of nowhere, and I'm always wary.

superman needs to become man

^this

Back
Top Bottom