• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where Do Most Pokefans Live?

Born in Jersey, moved to Pennsylvania, now moving back to Jersey.

Pokefandom is rather low in both locales, well, with anyone over 8.
Add fourteen years onto that, and you're a goddamn freak...*cough*

Pretty sure that the major countries are:
China
Korea
Japan
Australia
New Zealand
UK
Ireland
USA
Canada

After that, most countries have some pokemon fanatics, but not at the proportions those countries do. And the USA has the most total due to its overall population.

I imagine that most Pokemon Fans live in Japan and US, since both of those areas have their own localisations. I would be surprised if Malaysia has a large Pokemon community, because I sure don't feel there's a lot of Pokemon Fans here.

Thanks for reading.

According to that chart, my own country is placed at #5, and by city we're at number 10. So yeah Mexico has a strong fanbase (and there are more LA countries and cities in that ranking list, much to my pride). As for my own experience, here in Mexico there's a big and strong (yet closeted) fandom. I had to wait for HOURS to get my Celebi and Black version when they were released. Plus, Mexican fans could achieve what US couldn't: bring back old VA's.

What really surprises me is that we're above both the US and Japan... yet still we can't get Spanish languages copies...

There's a lot of people away from the NYC area, who would have thought? :XD2:

...I still wonder about the OP's claim, though; is it over the big NYC event that happened recently over BW? If so, it'd be good to make notice of the fact a lot of people can travel quite fast as of late, and for mostly-low prices too! :-/

According to that chart, my own country is placed at #5, and by city we're at number 10. So yeah Mexico has a strong fanbase (and there are more LA countries and cities in that ranking list, much to my pride). As for my own experience, here in Mexico there's a big and strong (yet closeted) fandom. I had to wait for HOURS to get my Celebi and Black version when they were released. Plus, Mexican fans could achieve what US couldn't: bring back old VA's.

OK, I didn't know that data; but I'm proud my country is so great at being nerdy :awww:

(and our VA's are so good! Especially the Rocket Trio! :ksmile: *only thing she remembers fondly of the anime*)

What really surprises me is that we're above both the US and Japan... yet still we can't get Spanish languages copies...

I have the Spain's Spanish copy of Pokemon Crystal... It's as awful as it sounds! :lol:

...and Spain doesn't even appear in that top ten list :-/

Is this a joke? Is it only because they're part of the European Union? How unfair! :dead:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom