• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Evolution Would You Change?

Venonat->Butterfree
Caterpie->Metapod->Venomoth
That's the only one I can think about now...

THIS. Seriously, what the hell happened with those guys?

Also, Luvdisc needs to evolve into Mamanbou. I would accept them as separate Pokémon if Mamanbou was as simple in design as Luvdisc, but it isn't. How can they be counterparts when one is just a tiny heart and the other actually looks somewhat like a fish? Mamanbou looks like a bigger, more powerful Luvdisc.

I would change:
Eevee-Leafeon, with leaf stone;
Slowpoke-Slowbro, with shellder on your party;
Eevee-Espeon/Umbreon, with sun and moon stone;
Luvdisc-Mamanbou;
Tauros-Buffaron;
More pokémon evolving with thunder stone;

Give Flygon new pre-evos, Vibrava and Trapinch just look random as hell.

I take it you haven't read the fantastic Origin of Species article on the Trapinch family...

I'd make Vigoroth stronger, then make it a branch evo to Slakoth. It's less of an oddball that way.

I think Farfetch'd needs an evolved form. Kind of a unique Pokemon, but completely useless in his little form.

Also, should be something like: Cubone > Marowak > ???
These guys totally need a third evolution. Marowak is basically just a larger stronger version of Cubone, but Marowak just isn't strong enough! Plus, they're like some of the coolest Pokemon, if it had a third evolution that had more features, I would definitely consider putting it in my party.

And Magneton is basically just 3 Magnemites stacked together (and this can go to Dugtrio too), if I wanted a Magneton, I could easily just catch two more Magnemites, stuff them in one Pokeball and call it a Magneton... I just don't think these evolutions are very creative.

And hmm, a third evolution to Meowth and Persian would be pretty awesome. Always wanted this type of cat in my party, but Persian just isn't strong enough.

Anyway, hopefully I got those right, my knowledge of Pokemon goes as far as Kanto and Johto...

Remoraid please. Why? It evolves into an octopus, do I need to say more?

Agreed on Remoraid and Marowak.

Dragonair and Dragonite, actually. The elegant dragonair suddenly becomes orange and bulky - and grows legs, stands upright, how?

Same with Mareep and Ampharos, though to a lesser extent.

Although I must also admit that I was a tad confused with shelgon > salamence.

I would have Carnivne be a branch-evolution from Weepinbell, by using Sun Stone or something.
Another one would be having another evolution for Mime Jr.: Mr. Juggle.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom