• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Evolution Would You Change?

*rolls eyes*

It has a totally different physical form to Futachimaru. It'd make more sense as either the top evo of a line where Futachimaru is at the bottom and there's a mid-way between the two for the middle evo, or as, say, a fourth evo, where there's the same mid-way evo between Futachimaru and Daikenki, but still with Oshawott at the bottom.
Having a different physical form still doesn't mean its nothing like it's predecessor.

After all, just look at Remoraid. It evolves into an Octopus despite being a fish! Of course, the change in form is clearly not the focus but the theme they both share (both are based on projectile weapons).

i agree that the eeveelutions need more evos, and i have seen no proof that they are only special types (and this would make no sense that flareon is an attack based pokemon) and this would also mean that they could make a dragon type evolution to end it,
also i think that luvdisc should have evolved into mamanbou, and i still think they can manage to do this (in the next game they bring in two new items an incense and some type of stone so mamanbou can breed and luvdisc can evolve)

I'd make Bellossom his own Pokemon. That punk should never have evolved from Gloom. >(
I'd axe Dragonite completely and give Dragonair a more lovely, worthier evo.
Also, Slowking. Really? I'd get rid of him, too. Or at least let him evolve from Slowbro.

Other than Bellossom, I actually like that most Pokemon look different from their evos. Makes things much more interesting. Gen I certainly had the most boring evos. A Grimer evolves into a bigger Grimer. A Magnemite just adds two more Magnemites. Seel and Krabby just become bigger Seels and Krabbys. Koffing just finds another Koffing. And other Pokemon from other regions have this problem, too.
notasbadaskantothough

So...so yeah. Just Bellosson and Dragonite for real.

I'd make an alternate evolution for Dragonair that looked more like it and Dartini. That way, (almost) everyone would be happy.

-The obvious one: swap Venemoth and Butterfree around

I am so glad to read this. Maybe I always missed threads about this because I've never seen any about this, but it bothers me pretty much.

Venonat pretty much looks like the perfect pre-evo for Butterfree. Same colour, same face, both are obviously bugs.

Caterpie's face looks pretty much like a green venomoth's face with a smaller antenna. Caterpie's antenna grew into a three spiked one when it evolved.

It made much more sense.

Were the final evos of those two pokémon supposed to be switched or was GF just messing around?

Tepig. I think I speak for all of us when I say that Fire/Fight, although cool the first time, is beginning to get boring. I was seriously hoping for a Fire/Dark type...

Definitely, Ryperior is the worst alongside Probopass... I think they went nuts with the g4 evolutions additions. Looked like they were trying to beef them all up. It looke good on electivire and (butt-headed) Magmortar, but they just FAILED when they designed probopass ( WTF with nose hair--eewww) and rhyperior (Why did they make it brown!!!! and it looks nothing like a rhino anymore).... :complain:

Also Dragonite killed the Dratini evo line... That's why I never evolved mine after Dragonair....

Woah. I sense much dragonite hate ...
Poliwhirl is basically Poliwrath, so I'd have it go:
Poliwag -> Poliwrath -> Politoed

Woah. I sense much dragonite hate ...
Poliwhirl is basically Poliwrath, so I'd have it go:
Poliwag -> Poliwrath -> Politoed

That's be awesome...

PS: I don't hate Dragonite, just the fact that it evolves from Dragonair or rather that Dragonair evolves into it...

I woulod change all the trad evolutions because I find it annoying that you have to trsde simply to get certain pokemon and also because it is the most unrealistic evolution method in the game. Its stupid that for a wild Graveler to evolve, it has to be caught by a trainer, traded, traded back then released back into the wild just so it can evolve into a Golem and remain wild. All trade evolution would be changed to level evolution or item evlution such as Slowpoke evolving into Slowking while being given a King's Rock, which would act in the same way as evolution stones.

I'd change it so Buizel would be a standalone Pokemon.
Don't get me wrong, I still like Floatzel. It's a cool Pokemon. It's just not as cute as Buizel is. If they, for some reason, got rid of Floatzel, I'd get over it.

I woulod change all the trad evolutions because I find it annoying that you have to trsde simply to get certain pokemon and also because it is the most unrealistic evolution method in the game. Its stupid that for a wild Graveler to evolve, it has to be caught by a trainer, traded, traded back then released back into the wild just so it can evolve into a Golem and remain wild. All trade evolution would be changed to level evolution or item evlution such as Slowpoke evolving into Slowking while being given a King's Rock, which would act in the same way as evolution stones.

That would be GREAT! But they're never gonna do it...probably cuz they want more people to go buy the games and such... :(

I'd change Giaru's evos into something more interesting than a copy and paste version of itself added with more gears. Since Giaru has the plus and minus abilities, I prefer Giaru having split evolutions depending on its abilities. Like a plus or minus sign gear clock.

#599 Giaru -> #600 Plus sign clock
lv. 38 with Plus ability
#599 Giaru -> #601 Minus sign clock
lv. 38 with Minus ability

Last edited:
-I'd change Electivire, its my favorite electric type but I just feel some things are off, like the head and antennas. Also I thought Electivire would've been the perfect instance for a electric/fighting type.
-Swellow, its a bit weak compared to other regional birds, give it a bit more power

-Swellow, its a bit weak compared to other regional birds, give it a bit more power

^^This, Give him a third evolution, maybe just tweak its attack and defense and thus don't mess with its speed so that it wouldn't become unstoppable.

also... why Glameow? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Last edited:
Get rid of Probopass, and make Nosepass evolve into a different landmark-based Pokemon, like a Sphinx, or an Angel of the North.

Give Flygon new pre-evos, Vibrava and Trapinch just look random as hell.

• Bellossom looks like he/she can be a standalone Pokemon without the aid of Gloom, because in my opinion, the addition was only meant to make use of the Sun Stone. But still, there might be some advantages movepool-wise.
  • Espeon and Umbreon to make use of the Sun Stone and Moon Stone respectively. Well, perhaps it's too late to do that now, but the next best thing is to make use of the Dawn Stone and the Dusk Stone respectively. I don't really like the idea that both of them cannot use alternate evolution methods, like Feebas.
  • Magnezone to have higher Base Speed. I feel that Magnezone needs more Speed to be better at its job as a Steel-eliminator.

Thanks for reading.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom