• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

I'll probably have to just see what happens when I get the games, but just for fun I'll make a rough estimate.

-Sceptile is a definite.
-Milotic. This one's probably a definite too. Milotic might be replaced with Vaporeon, being that Vaporeon is my favorite Water type.
-Hariyama
-Most likely a Crobat. Possibly a Pelliper instead.
-A Flygon, or a Salamence.
-Glalie

This list is not completely definite at all, it all depends on what I decide to do when I get the game.

Current locks:
Sceptile/Blaziken
Salamence
Manectric

Pokémon I'm considering:
Gardevoir/Gallade
Aggron
Froslass
Milotic
Breloom
Sharpedo
Roserade

It depends on what starter I pick and how the game's changed in the transition (which may add even more to this list), but these are the Pokémon I want to use.

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

This is too easy for me.

Swampert (starter)
Salamence
Cacturne
Gardevoir
Froslass (might need to trade a Dawn Stone from XY)
Furfrou (traded as an egg from XY)

IDK why, but of all the gen IV+ Pokemon I want to use in RSE remakes it's Furfrou.

OmegaRuby
-Aipom (my favourite Pokémon, I will get it somehow)
-Swampert (my original Ruby starter)
-Swellow (Tradition tbh)
-Roserade
-Machamp
-Metagross

AlphaSapphire
-Blaziken (Original Sapphire starter)
-Sceptile
-Aggron
-Froslass
-Gyarados
-Flygon

I never stick to these dream teams, I'll likely end up using Shiftry or something random.

I have two runs set for Ωruby, all using untrained mons and assuming the Hoenn dex is unchanged:

Blaziken
Mega Mawile/mega or not Aggron
Crawdaunt
Gorebyss
Cradily/Pinsir
Swalot

Sceptile
Camerupt
Cacturne
Milotic
Medicham
Crobat

Shinies will ruin plans as they WILL be used. And depending on how soon the bank opens for OR/AS, I may use out-of-game mons.

mmm... In order of encounter:
Sceptile/Swampert
Slaking/Exploud/Swellow
Mawile
Flygon
Walrein/Breloom
Dusknoir/Solrock

mmm... Still not sure.

Last edited:

Sceptile
Swellow
Glalie
Camerupt
Milotic
Chimecho

That's a tough question for me because I like so many Hoenn Pokémon. I guess I'll be keeping Swampert and Skitty and rotating Beautifly, Masquerain, Roselia, Altaria, Milotic, Flygon, Tropius and Minun.

I really can't say who I'll use, as I have no idea who may be in the Hoenn Dex. All I know is I'm probably going to start with Treecko this time around, as I've abused Mega Blaziken way too much lately. Other than that, I haven't the foggiest idea.

I'll just make it up as I go, but it'll be sure to have some different ones than my normal, because Absol and Mawile are two of my all-time favorites, and thus I already have had my fun with them in X/Y. A lot of my favorites were Gen 3, though, so I'm sure I'll have no problem stumbling across a fun team. Which will as always manage to have every member be weak to one of the E4 types.

I'm actually thinking I might get myself a Magicarp early. I haven't had a single Gyarados since Gen 1.

I honestly don't know, I mean throughout 4 playthroughs of Emerald there's been a lot of mons I've been impressed with. In fact, the only thing I'm certain about is choosing Mudkip, my original choice in Sapphire. Recreating my original team is out of the picture, since the only decent members were Swampert and Swellow.

Really, the pool of mons I'm considering is large enough to fill 3 teams:
  • Absol
  • Aggron
  • Camerupt
  • Cacturne
  • Crobat
  • Flygon
  • Gallade (if it's in the dex)
  • Gardevoir
  • Hariyama
  • Manectric
  • Ninjask
  • Roserade (if it's in the dex)
  • Skarmory
  • Swellow
  • Tentacruel

Last edited:

I want to try and put in some of my Emerald team in Alpha Sapphire but I have used Blaziken soooo much I think I'll skip him this game.
So here's what I'm thinking.
-Swampert
-Shiftry
-Flygon (used it in Emerald)
-Manectric (used it in Emerald)
-Aggron (used it in emerald)

And undecied for the last one, need a fire type... I'm hoping I can use Growlithe, if not I'll Pokebank it in.

I kinda wanna do a Nuzlocke on it but I probably won't and instead go with Swampert, Ludicolo, Sableye, Altaria, Metagross and Zigzagoon.

I'm 90% sure I'll be using Sceptile, but I don't want to plan out the rest of my team. I'll just choose them as I go along.

My currently planned out team is:

Swampert
Swellow
Camerupt
Hariyama
Shiftry/Mightyena/Manectric

The last three, I will choose two of them as my main game team and will include the last one in my post game team. I don't know which ones to choose though. I'll decide either closer to the games release or when I get the game.

I have a pool to choose form, so far my I believe my finalize team will be:
Swampert
Linoone
Altaria
Sableye
Ludicolo/Roserade/Breloom
Ninetales/Raichu

260.png
303.png
310.png
407.png
324.png
338.png
214.png

If there's no expansion to the regional Dex, then I'll be rolling with these seven. If there is an expansion, however, well, it will more than likely change. Swampert and Mawile are guaranteed spots either outcome. Most likely Manectric too.

I'll likely wait until the dex is leaked 2 or 3 days before the release of the game. I'm considering running with a Starter not named Blaziken.

I think I will do this (using pre-evolved Pokemon names):

Mudkip (OR)/Treecko (AS)
Taillow (or some other good flying type)
Grass-type (OR)/Water-type (AS)
Unnamed Fire-type
Aron
Unnamed Six member

I might make changes to my team depending on what all Pokemon are available though.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom