• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Re: Which Pokemon will be in your team?

Sceptile - The Commander-in-Chief
Pelipper - The Great Tank
Azumarill - The Sassy Siren
Sableye - The Happy Mask Salesman
Zangoose - The Middle Child
Armaldo - The Goofy Uncle

You know, it occurs to me that between the time of ruby and sapphire's release and now I have gone from having trouble finding 6 gen 3 pokemon I like enough to form a team, to liking so many of them that I have trouble narrowing it down.

I started a tradition of trying to use pokemon that I hadn't used before when replaying the newer gens(I agree, it is strange that I would refer to a pair of games that are now older than I was when red and blue came out as "newer" but I am a strange guy so it all works out in the end.) I may keep it up with Omega Ruby, but I also now have a lot of gen 3 favorites that I have only ever used once and wouldn't mind using again so it's hard to say.

If the exp share works the same way as it did in XY I'll probably just have a team of 10-14 that stay in a common rotation so that'd help a bit. For Alpha Sapphire my team will of course be determined by you, my fellow pokemon fans, because I will be doing a wonderlocke for that one.

Let's see...in Sapphire, my enemies were Team Aqua, who used Water-types. So for Alpha Sapphire...Treecko, get ready to join my team!

-Scleptile
-Altaria
-Absol
-Milotic
-Beautifly
-Jirachi

No fire type? I know, I'll teach Altaria flamethrower, so it will be okay

I used Gallade and Salamence in my X run so I will be using Gardevoir and Flygon in AS. Also it will be a Shiny Gardevoir so I have now until release to breed one!

I'm doing a Nuzlocke on this one for the heck of it. I'm gonna flip a coin between Treecko or Mudkip 'cause I can't decide between the two of 'em.

Changed my team once again. I replaced Roserade with Shiftry after seeing that Shiftry finally gets a good physical Grass move in the latest news. As much as I love Roserade, I have used it loads, most recently in both Black 2 and X; haven't rocked a Shiftry since way back in the day when playing Ruby as a kid. Heracross is also going to be replaced with Medicham, currently. I love Heracross also, but I changed my mind and decided I'll do an all-Hoenn-mon team as a tribute to the classics. That is in Omega Ruby. So Swampert, Shiftry, Mawile, Manectric, Torkoal and Medicham is my thoughts on my team. Might change again before release, since we're quite a way away still. The only one that's likely to change at this point is Medicham though, as the other five are pretty much guaranteed their spots.

Haven't even thought about my team for Alpha Sapphire yet, since I'll be playing Omega Ruby first. I might do a mono-Grass run in that, though, I'm not sure. Mega Sceptile, Ludicolo, Roserade, Cradily, Cacturne, Tropius and Breloom (also Vileplume, if I don't use Roserade) give a great amount of variety between their secondary typings and their stat focuses. Problem with that might be that it would be super easy against Team Aqua. I have plenty of time to decide yet anyway. I will be using Sceptile as my starter in AS though.

Changed my team once again. I replaced Roserade with Shiftry after seeing that Shiftry finally gets a good physical Grass move in the latest news. As much as I love Roserade, I have used it loads, most recently in both Black 2 and X; haven't rocked a Shiftry since way back in the day when playing Ruby as a kid. Heracross is also going to be replaced with Medicham, currently. I love Heracross also, but I changed my mind and decided I'll do an all-Hoenn-mon team as a tribute to the classics. That is in Omega Ruby. So Swampert, Shiftry, Mawile, Manectric, Torkoal and Medicham is my thoughts on my team. Might change again before release, since we're quite a way away still. The only one that's likely to change at this point is Medicham though, as the other five are pretty much guaranteed their spots.

Haven't even thought about my team for Alpha Sapphire yet, since I'll be playing Omega Ruby first. I might do a mono-Grass run in that, though, I'm not sure. Mega Sceptile, Ludicolo, Roserade, Cradily, Cacturne, Tropius and Breloom (also Vileplume, if I don't use Roserade) give a great amount of variety between their secondary typings and their stat focuses. Problem with that might be that it would be super easy against Team Aqua. I have plenty of time to decide yet anyway. I will be using Sceptile as my starter in AS though.

Man, Hoenn has so many awesome grass types. I completely forgot that we can get Roserade now. Then Cacturne, Cradily and Tropius are all personal favourites as well. The worst thing is, I'm not going to be able to use any of these, since Sceptile's going to be my starter and I don't like using multiple Pokemon of the same type. It's my favourite starter and I've never actually finished a game with it, so I kind of have to use it. :(

I completely agree about using Hoenn-only mons as well. I find it really gets you into the spirit of the region and the new games.

Finally figured out my team~ Though I doubt I'll actually use all six of these, the ones I would like to use are Swampert, Swellow, Alakazam, Walrein, Swalot, and Camerupt. The first three are to honor the Pokémon I used in my very first play-through of a Pokémon game. Walrein is there to honor my childhood friendship with the guy who traded me his Walrein, and Swalot and Camerupt are there because I love both of those lines. :>

Reason I say I probably won't use them is because I have a tendency to plan a team and only use half of the Pokémon I was going to use.

Swampert
Ludicolo
Aggron
Salamence
Gardevoir
Ninetails
This is what I eventually decided

This is not a definite, more like a rough sketch, but I've planned:

Swampert
Venusaur (PokeBanked/Traded in Egg Form from my Y)
Fire-Type
Salamence
Gallade/Medicham (Depends if Gallade is Present)
Froslass/Glalie (Depends if Froslass is Present)

(Revised) Team:

Sceptile (I'm using one in my current Sapphire run, but I don't care, Sceptile all day every day)
Swellow (Love the bird, couldn't find one fast enough in Sapphire to use it, so this is penance to the bird)
Seviper (One of the coolest designs, one of the good models in X and Y, has a good move pool, plus I love the letter S)
Sharpedo (Need a water for surf, plus it starts with S! Score)
Salamence (Cool pseudo-legendary and I've never used one before, it starts with S as an added bonus)
Sableye (Don't care it is partially useless, I LOVE the thing and it's getting a Mega Evo; did I mention it starts with S?)

So there you have it my S team from Alpha Sapphire. This is going to be fun.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure I'll have a Sceptile, since I covered the water starter (White 2) and fire starter (Y) already.

I wouldn't know what my team would be, but I've told myself it WON'T include any Pokemon from my White 2 or Y teams.

I cannot decide.. I have a lot I want to play with..

Houndoom, Sceptile, Greninja, Infernape, Walrein, Jolteon, Ampharos, Salamance, and many many more

Really unsure. not even sure what starter im gonna get.

Just played through with Treecko already got a Torchic and Mudkip is horrible.
Could play without one I guess.

Would like Aron to be on my team this time, but only want one that can Mega Evo as I hate having to choose between which ones actually Mega evo or not.

I'm gonna start with Torchic since Blaziken is my all-time favourie among fully-evolved starters.
I'll certainly get a Milotic.

But besides those, almost every Hoenn-region Pokemon I like can be found&caught on XY. And most of them already got their megas. Such as Gardevoir, Aggron, Manectric. Even it doesn't have a mage yet, Salamence.

I'll be getting both games (alongside KH2.5), and I've already planned ahead. Both protagonists will be named after one of the main trio of Kingdom Hearts.

My Omega Ruby protagonist will be male, and named after Riku. He'll be picking Treecko, and will add a Zubat to his team (as a homage to the namesake's starter Dream Eater, Komory Bat).

My Alpha Sapphire protagonist will be female, and named after Kairi. She'll probably pick Mudkip (I've not fully made up my mind).

The theme naming also matches, when you consider the Japanese names for earth and sea. I've also already picked out a name for the protagonist for a third version of X & Y; a male named Sora, who's starter will be Fennekin (both as a homage to the namesake's starter Dream Eater, Meow Wow, and as per tradition for the third character to pick the Fire-type).

I chose Blaziken back in Sapphire and used it in X, so I'm going to choose my least favorite starter which I haven't done since Black 2, Sceptile. I'll be honest though, Sceptile seems to be shaping up nicely with its Mega.

Since Phoebe has Dusknoir, it's possible that evolutions of Hoenn Pokemon in later gens will be added to the dex, meaning that I can use Froslass If I want.

Camerupt/Flygon are my next choices, as they are two of my Hoenn Favorites and don't see much use competitively.

For Water type, I was thinking Tentacruel, Kingdra(No Flygon), Crawdaunt, Lanturn, or Sharpedo

And that's it so far, here's my Sapphire team to compare:
Blaziken
Cacturne
Flygon
Shedinja
Lanturn
Gardevoir

Considering these games are remakes, I'll reproduce the team that I was running on my Sapphire version. Hence, while I'd like a Mudkip, I will select Torchic and then acquire the pre-evolutions of Swellow, Gardevoir, Flygon, and Metagross. The sixth pokemon will be Kyogre, as I liked back then to use the game's titular legendary pokemon to defeat the Elite Four. The team itself is rather dreadful in some regards, like no real access to Electric and Bug moves (at least when I was playing it), but I'm sure that new moves having been introduced between Gen. III and Gen. VI will help immensely, along with the fact that I can form far superior strategies now at 19-20 as opposed to when I was 9-10. If only I could recapture the enthusiasm when I purchased my Sapphire version for the GBA. Bliss, I tell you.

I think I'll also pull the trigger and buy OmegaRuby and form a competitive battling team on that cartridge. I'll select Mudkip as the starter so that I'll have a Swampert later. The other five Pokemon have yet to be determined, but I'd like to construct a Sandstorm team. There's plenty of guides available, but if anyone has suggestions on how to construct one that's suitable for casual and even perhaps competitive play, I'd definitely welcome it. Is Flygon still viable in Gen. VI for a sandstorm team? I always loved the design, so it'd be a shame if he's ineligible.

Last edited:

My team:
Swampert(first Ferligatr,then this,then Samurott,then Greninja: water is the best starter type yo)
Swalot(I just love the dang blob)
Shiftry(Epic grass type)
Armaldo(my hoenn fossil)
Magneton/Zone(Depends on whether magnezone is in ORAS)
Crobat(ill skip a bit to the P.L.L stage(post leech life). heck, might even get it as a golbat.)

no groudon as i am doing a no legendaries run like in Y and White(not using it against Lysandre and N, respectively)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom