• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament Junior Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way i see ash winning the junior world tournament or the unova league is by bringing back some of his pokemon these are my choice u could have your own picks.
1)Pikachu
2)torterra
3)Infernape 2 fav pick to bring back
4)Charizard My fav pick to bring back
5)Sceptile
6)Snorlax
He could win the junior tournament with this team unova league idk.

I think it is pretty obvious Iris and Hikari will get far in this one, as both of their mascots has gotten new tricks up their sleeves, not to mention I can't see those two battling with each other like they want to before anything, as it is pretty obvious Hikari deciding to go for Junior Cup is for this. Especially if Shaga and/or Langley is in it, just so somebody can comment on Kibago's and Iris' provess. If Langley is in here by any chance, of course we are going to see Urara comparisons, seeing how much comparisons we had between Hikari/Iris.

I expect these battles to be one on one, like every previous tournament ever, due to time restraints, animation budget and whathaveyou(read, it is impossible to have 3 on 3 for everyone even if they are nothing but OHKO fests).

I also don't think Shooty has to win this thing if Adeku is just standing physically there and watching. If anything, I can see him losing horribly and Adeku trying to calm him down and give him some advice. But regardless, he is going to have the biggest role in here.

This is off topic but i wonder if Luke will enter the tournament and if so will he have a Zoroark.

Ash called this the "last test" or something before the Isshu League, so I hope the writers are kind enough to allow him to get to the finals. While Trip losing in the first round again would be absolutely hilarious, I feel he needs to do well to get the Ash/Trip rivalry going somewhere. Bianca should be allowed to get far as well.

inb4 Satoshi vs Shooti in finals here, Satoshi loses so that Shooti appears to be a threat in the league, Shooti then loses in the league.

IT'S TOO OBVIOUS

inb4 Satoshi vs Shooti in finals here, Satoshi loses so that Shooti appears to be a threat in the league, Shooti then loses in the league.

IT'S TOO OBVIOUS

As long as it means Ash will win the league then so be it. Let Trip win this "Junior tournament."

IT'S TOO OBVIOUS

As long as it means Ash will win the league then so be it. Let Trip win this "Junior tournament."

Yeah, Shooti will probably win this since he seems to really want to battle Adeku. But it makes me wonder why they brought Hikari back just to lose. She's obviously not winning, since there's no point in her battling Adeku. They'll probably have her make some sort of "discovery about herself" during the tournament.

And Satoshi has never lost to his main rival in the league. Not Shigeru or Shinji, who were both on a much higher level than Shooti is.

So yes, Shooti will most likely win the Cup.

If Trip wins the World Tournament and gets that chance to battle Alder, what point does his participation in the league serve? I'd think failure at the World Tournament for Trip would help to finally focus him for a last chance battle in the league. Trip needs to have that realisation about what he does wrong in battle - having him watch someone else do his dream of battling Alder and getting some epiphany out of it from how Alder treats his Pokemon, the one he should have had by not leaving after five minutes in Ash vs the Champion.

The last Don Battle established a few things for me, that Sthefan is undoubtedly strong, he doesn't need a vindication here, perhaps he can debut a new Pokemon that loses, allowing him to say he needs a bit more work without making him look weak; that Bianca is improving as she goes, she still needs to work with more than just Emboar though, so hopefully there will be 3 on 3 battles in the tournament's later rounds (if not all of it); and that Trip still sucks.

So as for outcomes - Stepan winning would be the most logical flow based on previous events, but there's little reason for him to win here, because he can't be shown as too strong or it puts Ash too far away from one of his rivals in strength. Trip winning would ruin him as a 'rival' for Ash, because he has so little interaction with Ash directly, there's just no tension there. Bianca winning would be nice, and help her look like a much more genuine contender in the league, but she doesn't have the all round depth (yet) to make it appear justified, not that that stops it from happening.

Dawn, Iris and Cilan don't need it and all would detract from the main event. I would like to see Cilan stop and ponder after another loss here how good he tastes in battle (or get Burgundy to sniff him), there's only so much he can do as a Connoisseur without actually considering his own losses and poor tactics, he's almost getting like Chilli in terms of losses, but is still way too upbeat. Dawn needs to do well enough to justify her visit - I'd like to see Ash be the one to defeat her, because in doing so, countering the Contest tactics will necessitate improvements in Ash's battle style - which helps both of them. For Iris, this is probably the time for Axew, Cynthia should have focused her Dragon goal and therefore she should battle with Axew - and again like with Stephan it makes a loss without showing her as significantly weaker (just shows she's badly trained Axew).

That leaves the unknown of the new rival - it depends who it is. Banjirou would add a very interesting dynamic with Trip, but probably wouldn't be the best for developing a rivalry with Ash. Any other character, and there's really nowhere to start, other than thinking that it will be difficult to balance their strength to both look like a legitimate rival at the same time as not being a Tobias rerun. A new character coming in and winning the tournament would be a huge anti-climax.

As for Ash, a win here helps strengthen the rivalries, I can't see him battling Alder at this point. That said, battling and getting 2-1 up at some point before losing a best of 3 would probably do enough to show Ash's strength if he's not going to win the league. If the intent is for him to win in the league, he should lose here, and vice versa.

So with all that said, there's no way to justify anyone winning. Therefore Iris.

If Trip does in fact win this tournament then the LEAST the writers can do is wrap up his character here and have him NOT appear in the League. Maybe that's what this "New Rival" is for? To replace Trip in the League.

Trip is too horrible of a character to have such a big storyline in these two tournaments. My excitement for this tournament will be completely gone if it's only 1 Pokemon based and Trip wins it on top of that.

I seriously hope that every participant gets to showcase more than one pokemon, or this tourney will be a let down. Something tells me it won't be though, I mean Piplup isn't Dawn's only Pokemon and wasn't Mamoswine vs Pignite shown in the preview as a practice battle?

The least the writers can do is make the match ups interesting. I'd like to see Iris face either Dawn, Bel, or Drayden. It'd be interesting how Dawn would do against another Gym Leader and Dent, too.
I want to see Ash beat Kenyan here. An ideal Top 4 would be Ash, Dawn, Bel, and Drayden/Shuzi/Cynthia/Caitlin. Iris and Cilan should stay away from the semi finals and finals. Trip should not be here period and while Kenyan has some redeeming qualities he still falls flat to me.

Oh and here's hoping any wins Iris gets is not against any of the main characters besides Trip. I'd like Iris to face Dawn or Bel, but I never said beat Dawn or Bel.

As much as I like Dent as well, I'm fine with one win for Maggy and maybe some lolz moments but otherwise Dent can take a back seat here. Something tells me Iris won't, especially with her Black and White 2 status, which I'm afraid of.

As much hype as this thing is getting, with some decent competitors in at as well, then it'd better be worth the wait. I'd really hate for it to be a let down, but with Trip in it as well as Axew having learned Giga Impact and no Cabarnet and Langley I really just don't know.

Why would Trip be wrapped up here? Ash will never have beaten him and he still has all 8 badges.

Trip is BW series main rival, he's here to stay, not just for the Unova League, but for whatever Ash will do after the Unova League
That's why I still believe Trip will either beat Ash or not battle him at all in the League, with Ash finally beating him at the very end of BW - similarly to how May lost to Drew in the Hoenn GF and then beat him at the very end of AG in the Kanto GF
As for this tournament, I won't be surprised if a new character (maybe that "new rival"?) will win it and not anyone we already know

He most likely will since he's the BW series main rival - like it or not - that's a fact
Gary didn't leave or lose to Ash until the very end of original series
Drew didn't leave or lose to May till the very end of the AG series
Paul didn't leave or lose to Ash till the very end of the DP series
I see absolutely no reason to believe the same won't be true for Trip too

Ok plz someone explain what the this junior tournament is (i didn't watch any of the episodes of BW cause i just didn't like what they did to it i just started watching after he got his 8th badge) can u tell me who can participate whats the prize and just the stuff to know also can you tell me whats with trip and alder.

-Thank u if u do decide to explain all this to me.

Ok plz someone explain what the this junior tournament is (i didn't watch any of the episodes of BW cause i just didn't like what they did to it i just started watching after he got his 8th badge) can u tell me who can participate whats the prize and just the stuff to know also can you tell me whats with trip and alder.

We don't know too much about the tournament yet other than how apparently anyone can enter it and that Ash, Dawn, Iris and Cilan will all participate
The prize seems to be a battle VS Alder
Trip kind of adores Alder, he met him when he was a young kid and promised to battle him one day and become the Champion or something like that... (you should watch the ep of Ash and Trip's third battle and the Alder ep, it'd give you what you need to know about Trip/Alder)

Ya boy Lil B will try to explain it to you. World Tournament Junior Cup is some tournament going on in East Isshu where the winner gets to face Alder. The headliner match is Caitlin v. Cynthia and Shooty Kenyan Bell Hikari & Satoshi are confirmed to compete in it (Iris & Dent are probly in too).

EDIT: Piplup responded faster than ya boy #swag - Lil B

Last edited by a moderator:
This Tournament might be a preparation for a ''TIME SKIP''
For Example , Iris might face off against Drayden and lose but later become his apprentice !
That Same Way , Ash might impress Alder enough to be his Apprentice as well in Junior Cup!!!
Ash didn't do much when he met Alder!
But In Junior Cup , Alder get to see Ash in Battle !
Plus , If Ash wins the Junior Cup then he gonna face Alder ! There Ash might get Alder serious enough to fight a REAL Pokemon Battle!
Because of That , Alder become interested in Ash's growth and asked him to be his apprentice after Unova League!
And The 3 year ''TIME SKIP'' with Ash training under Alder !
That's why I said , Junior Cup might be a Preparation of a ''TIME SKIP''!

Last edited:
Why do you think it might be preparation? This is of course speculation but I'm wondering if you've noticed any evidence over the saga to support it.

Personally I think its just a tournament to mirror the B2W2 games and nothing else.

Personally I think its just a tournament to mirror the B2W2 games and nothing else.

Exactly. And to hype people up for season 2. I really don't see it having much of an impact at any of the main characters really, more than once again making Trip threatening before the league, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom