• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia YOU Mafia - Endgame (Intense Mess, Entities and Wickedness Enabled) - MAFIA AND INFO SEARCHER WIN

When would you like the game to start?

• As soon as possible

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Early September

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Mid September

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late September

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
I thought that Eresh, like most of us, was disagreeing about Seth’s interpretation of his result, not the result itself. As in, having something to hide doesn’t instantly incriminate her. Are you trying to twist this?
No, I'm genuinely confused. I also haven't read the thread thoroughly since end of D1. This makes sense.

Been lurking through the thread since I last posted, but I think it's about time to change that.

Vote: Seth Rollins

I agree about the general scummy nature of his posts. Choosing a vague phrase that applies to anyone to put in the lie detector is really suspicious.

Not really finding anyone else suspicious at the moment, sooo

If I'm thinking this through right, it's not exactly Seth's "vague phrase" that makes him suspicious. It's the way he went about explaining his result. To be honest, if I was a town lie detector, yeah, stuff like that phrase would have popped out at me to check. But I would probably follow it up with an in-thread vote on the person who got flagged saying "explain" rather than be like "this person has something to hide, that automatically means they're the godfather." I feel like this vote isn't quite getting the point of why Seth is scummy and just tacks onto a growing wagon.

The following is slightly WIFOMy, though sound logic (I think so at least); if Seth is mafia, he's not going to call Ereshkigal out as Godfather for them to be killed and flip Hider, because Seth would just get lynched next phase. Also, bussing is highly unlikely considering a Mafia just died last phase. So I honestly think the two of them are both town.

Also, I think those votes on Seth are shortsighted. He could be lying but I don't see why mafia would try to lynch someone who was cop checked. Once the flip comes, if Eresh is not Godfather then Seth is going to be next. Not really a good swap this early in the game, especially since mafia is already down a player.

EXACTLY. Town points to jd.

Let me just get out of the way: I would have unvoted Max along with everyone else if I was actually awake and online.

Also, I know my sleeping is scummy as it always is, but I don't really care about the votes, personally.

Unvote: Seth Rollins
Vote: The Light

Let's get this useless lynch over with.

Who else do you think is scum with Seth?

I will not be back before the EoD, so I have to vote now. I will need to come back and look over the thread closer tomorrow. I think that The Light is jester, and that makes me not want to vote for him, but he's also the scummiest player right now in my eyes. If he's mafia, great. If he's a townie, then he needs to get off his ass and at least claim in the next 8ish hours or he dies. If he's a Jester, better him dead than a townie.

I'd post something longer, but it's late in my timezone.

Basically I'd have to reread the last phase or so to say what I think about some of the other players, but I don't have the time at this exact moment. Will try to read & post when I can tomorrow.

Saying a post is “weird” makes it seem like you’re playing it safe. If someone refuted your argument you can simply hide behind the fact that “I didn’t think he was scum I just said it looked weird” I’ve seen that happen so no you were not being clear. (At least for me)
Is it scummy for that to be so far outside my realm of thoughts that it felt like you were purposely reaching and twisting my words to get that argument? Because it was that far outside of my thoughts.
Also “the way” I said it? How can you know how I said it? You can’t hear my voice can you?
The opposite is true here. To me, the phrase "the way you said it", when used on the Internet, doesn't literally mean I can hear your voice, but rather I'm talking about your choice of words. The idea of using that phrase in text on the Internet to mean someone's choice of words, is something I'm so used to that I can't help but wonder if you're just pretending to not understand what I meant by it in order to troll me.
That whole Ereshkigal thing is pointless to argue because I don’t think he is suspicious anymore. Also I get that “I’ve got nothing to hide” is vague but it’s not so vague that you can’t see how it would pass a Lie Detector. I already gave a situation as to how it could pass.
Would you mind reiterating or quoting that post please? I must have missed it and I'm having a hard time finding it. Also, I didn't say anything was vague except for Max's threats on Day 1.

I wonder about that.
Is this supposed to be a softclaim or something? Is everyone going to make vague, cryptic softclaims in this game? It's like people think individual town players are going to be able to figure them out, but the combined efforts of scum will somehow lack the brain power to figure it out. As flattering as people's faith is, please stop doing it. I assume the rest of the players are roughly on the same level as each other mentally, so if the rest of town can figure out these softclaims, then scum working together is very likely to have also figured them out, and it's stressing me out to think they're figuring things out at least as fast as town.

But now, after spending the day at school, and doing homework, then spending considerable time searching for posts, I'm afraid I'm put in the unfortunate position where unvoting Seth would look scummy, but not unvoting him would look scummy, too.

I'm going to UNVOTE: Seth Rollins anyway, even if only as a symbolic gesture that I'm more unsure that he's scum after reading and thinking Ereshkigal's post that I quoted.

Oops, I posted from the wrong tab. All the following was meant to also be part of the message talking about Seth and people softclaiming:

What makes me doubt it, and is a reason why suspicion is not enough, is Seth was the only one pushing for it; if Mafia, I would expect the group to work more together and try to build a case together rather than have one member push for a lynch that might be to their advantage. The only way it makes sense for Seth to be acting so alone, especially this late in the Day, is if Seth is Godfather and the Mafia only had two members. And I'm pretty certain this game isn't that level of bastard.

So, while I'm suspicious, I don't have any single good line of reasoning for why Seth is Mafia. As such, the most likely conclusion is that my suspicion is based entirely off me misreading his arguments, and thus best set aside until I have no one better (and, let's face it, I'm a better candidate than Seth is based on in-game actions right now).
I admit, I was all set to vote you when I read your initial reaction to the nightkill, but when you started giving explanations, things started to make sense. You're my second-highest town read right now, behind Max. Just like you present a good argument here on why Seth's push against you today is probably not indicative of scum. Seth's choice to go after you based on the flawed logic of not passing a test that could very easily be failed, and was probably impossible to pass was meant to be the heart of my argument, not why Seth chose the phrase he did to go after.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Seth's whole 'lie detector on Ereshkigal' thing was him trying to discredit the Town result.

The more I think about it, the more I believe Seth's whole 'lie detector on Ereshkigal' thing was him trying to discredit the Town result.
I find it scummy that he immediately jumped to the conclusion of 'Eresh is hiding something? Must be Godfather!'

That's why, if anyone can vote before the end of the Phase, I strongly suggest voting Seth.

I find it scummy that he immediately jumped to the conclusion of 'Eresh is hiding something? Must be Godfather!'

That's why, if anyone can vote before the end of the Phase, I strongly suggest voting Seth.
How confident are you? I agree on the point about him pushing for an Ereshkigal lynch, and I felt like he tied me up debating semantics for most of the time I was here this phase, and him saying he was unsure of me for trying to scumhunt and winding up on him, felt like OMGUS, but at the same time, Ereshkigal makes a deceng argument about scum strategy.

How confident are you? I agree on the point about him pushing for an Ereshkigal lynch, and I felt like he tied me up debating semantics for most of the time I was here this phase, and him saying he was unsure of me for trying to scumhunt and winding up on him, felt like OMGUS, but at the same time, Ereshkigal makes a deceng argument about scum strategy.
If I have to give it a percentage...85%.

Night 2 - Awoken Like Orion
Night 2 - Awoken Like Orion

Official Votals
The Light (4) - jdthebud, Seth Rollins, FinalArcadia, The Light
Seth Rollins (1) - Max1996
jdthebud (1) - Space

The four mods were about to shuffle out of the TWR Staff Room after a long day of planning. LG had been in his element all day, but was tired of CO’s constant disapprovals and Elieson’s egotistical interjections. Likewise, RC was exhausted, and was ready to take a nap before his watch shift later in the night.

“So remember, CO, Elie, RC then LG for shift order,” stated the unaffected moderator.

“Are you sure I can’t do the whole night? I’m ready to figure this out!”

“Sorry LG. I know you’re tired from today.”

CO scoffed. “Tired? You hardly contributed the same amount as me. You should be-”

“Angry? Yeah, you got in the way of my case. You better be ready for a thumping.”

“Guys-”

“Quiet, RC. I’m going to knock him off his high horse,” warned LG has he jumped onto CO’s back, wrangling with him until he had his arms around the posh moderator’s neck.

“My neck is made of pure crystals, ruffian. Good luck choking me you medieval monkey.”

“Excuse me, moderators?” The brawling mods stopped and peered upwards. LG leapt off his friend’s back immediately and stood casually, hands in his pockets and looking diagonally at the ground. His counterpart picked up his fan and whipped it in front of his face, glancing towards the ground in embarrassment.

“Yeah, what’s up? Is it Elementar?”

“Yes,” swarla said. “He’s… awake.”

The mods smiled and began to rush to his room, with Elementar’s three friends in tow. However, they were confused when they arrived. Elementar was giggling hysterically, amused by his current game of Tic-Tac-Toe with a bored Doctor Floptopus. “I win!” he shrieked in glee, encompassing the passion of a pre-schooler’s insatiable desire to win.

“Congrats,” moped the monotone Flop, who was trying to keep him occupied until they returned.

“Oh, hey guys!” He seemed ecstatic to see his fellow mods, even though their looks only returned his excitement with helplessness.

“Gosh, now he really is a child. How can such a toddler be on our mod team?” RC shot his irritated eyes towards CO before Elementar sunk back into his chair, the childish look on his face disappearing.

“It’s okay. I know I’m not worth much.” The high-pitched shrills of earlier were replaced with deep, disconsolate mumbles, and his aura seemed to grow in age. “You can fire me if you want. I couldn’t even stop romch from stealing the Amplifier.”

LG turned to Nightwing101. “What’s wrong with him?”

“Well, we were all singing to Jack and performing a show for him, and then he woke up.”

“It was your singing that made him this crazy NW!” accused swarla.

“No, it was definitely your singing. Imagine Dragons is better than Britney Spears!”

“Guys! Everything is A-Okay!” Renato_Sinclair spat out. She winked and posed like an anime pop star, before proceeding to open her phone and read more fanfiction, losing interest in the conversation.

“Anyway,” NW continued, “he has been changing constantly. It’s like he has multiple personality disorder…”

“Like Artemis and Orion from Artemis Fowl Mafia,” added swarla.

LG looked towards Flop. “What’s your take Doc?”

Flop sighed. “Well, usually MPD would change less frequently. There are certainly aspects of it here, but it seems like it’s the same person each time. He remembers everything from beforehand, but just acts differently.”

LG pondered the new information, and watched as Elementar switched from his gloom to begin intensely racing Mario Kart on his Switch. “It is most certainly odd.”

“Hey Elementar. How do you feel?” inquired RC.

“I’ll be mad if I don’t come first now,” he said with a hint of genuine anger, not looking up from the screen. When he crossed the finish line in first, he smiled and put down the Switch. “How are you? Are you okay?” He rose from the bed and came to pat RC on the shoulder. “If you need anything, I’m here alright?”

“O-Okay… I do need to know what happened before you were put into a coma.”

“Right.” Elementar seemed to lose his soft compassion and his edges were sharpened. He walked over to a moveable whiteboard against the wall and pulled out a marker. “You see, it’s goes like this…” He began to draw a rough diagram of the Amplifier’s interior. “This here is the chamber where I inject the Amplifying energy, which I isolated from ME’s Regeneration Technology. Instead of splitting a user into multiple versions of themselves with different traits, it will just bring forth the most prominent trait in them. I was planning on adding an additional chamber to inject reversing energy into, but I was attacked before I could do anything.”

“Then why are you changing?”

Elementar’s face drooped and he took out his phone and earphones. He placed one in each ear and turned on his “Emotional Instrumental Music” Playlist. “Because I wasn’t struck by the Amplifying energy.” He sniffled and a lone tear slipped out of his right eye. Renato_Sinclair promptly sat next to him and gave him a hug. “I was struck by the experimental reversing energy.”

“How?”

The Master of the Elements bounced up and returned to a state of joy. “I love this song! ~For some reason I can’t explain! Once you were gone there was never an honest word, but that was when I ruled the world!~”

“Apparently Viva La Vida by Coldplay is how, RC.” CO rolled his eyes.

“Uh, right, sorry. I’m generally pretty awkward in front of a crowd.” The redhead mod sat back down on the bed and started fidgeting. “I think returnofmastercrazyhand grabbed the tube with the energy in it, and cracked it against my head. That’s when I passed out I think. I’m pretty sure that energy brought all qualities forward to the same level, so it Amplified everything.” He paused, and when no one intervened, a more confident Elementar took the awkward one’s place. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have work to attend to. Whilst this aspect of my personality is in control, I plan on making hefty progress on my next project. So, I shall be on my way, and I will perceive your existence once again after one of my inferior qualities regains control. Please don’t bother me in the meantime. For all our sakes…” The intense Elementar abruptly walked out, striding down the hall in a professional haste.

“I like that one,” stated CO.

Nobody was lynched...

It is now Night 2. The phase will end in 24 hours on Friday the 28th of September at 9am AEST or 4am PDT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom